The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    This song is even worse than Czech Republic 2007.

I think a lot of artists/songwriters will be put off from entering UMK 2016. Why risk the humiliation of losing out to an AWFUL song?
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Sunstroke don't win in Moldova.. then this weekend will have been a dark one in NF history.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I now need studio version Jon Henrik to cleanse me of PMK winning
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,902
    Forum Member
    Looks like Valeria the only hope to beat Eduard.

The scoreboard is having problems :D
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    Steven_P wrote: »
    I think you've put your finger on the main issue here. Same happened last night in Ireland. Whats the point of letting people vote if you are telling them what to vote for.
    It's why I was apprehensive about Conchita. I don't like feeling that the Eurovision is fixed :(
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland straight to the bottom of my rankings then.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finland is actually the first song I really hate this year. The only truly terrible song. Makes Denmark sound like a masterpiece.
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is leaving it wide open for Spain, Germany and the UK at least. Send something halfway decent with a competent performer and uptempo and you're onto something.
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edouard Romanyuta leading in Moldova.

The Backstreet Boy? Half expected it to be honest.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I love Scooch :blush: and so do Malta!

Malta were on drugs!
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so hand me an application form for another nationality then, please....!!!!!!!!!!
    British or Estonian would be fine, thanks.

So many better options, and then this ugliness-loving nationality (not me!) chooses THIS SHIT. I'm dying. Lost my faith in Eurovision and especially this country....

Just feeling sick at the moment. Think I'll throw up....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    This is leaving it wide open for Spain, Germany and the UK at least. Send something halfway decent with a competent performer and uptempo and you're onto something.

Don't forget Australia :D
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Damien. wrote: »
    If Sunstroke don't win in Moldova.. then this weekend will have been a dark one in NF history.

Welcome to my world Damo...:p
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, at least this leaves the doorway wide open for Edurne tomorrow. Don't let us down, Spain!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disastrous choice for Finland. Horrible song and they are not at all likeable as singers.....they won't get any sort of sympathy vote from juries or televoters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

us, penalties and open goals don't have a happy history
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #Finland

If Satin or Opera made it, it would have at least been in my Top 10. Now, they are bottom of my list. To an extent where I would not even list them at all and disqualify them!!!!
  • dtd222dtd222 Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A question demanding an honest answer here ... would they have won had they not had the back story?

Absolutely not!
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I love Scooch :blush: and so do Malta!

scootch , hilarious:D
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Finland how could you do this to us, you had such a fantastic selection and this is how it ends!? I'm sure Tove Jansson would be spinning in her grave. I will be going to work in a very bad mood tomorrow morning and if I end up swearing at any customers than you all know why!!
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Backstreet Boy? Half expected it to be honest.

The one who's had a couple of tries in Ukraine with much better songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Disastrous choice for Finland. Horrible song and they are not at all likeable as singers.....they won't get any sort of sympathy vote from juries or televoters.

well they did in Finland so why not?
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Ok, so hand me an application form for another nationality then, please....!!!!!!!!!!
    British or Estonian would be fine, thanks.

So many better options, and then this ugliness-loving nationality (not me!) chooses THIS SHIT. I'm dying. Lost my faith in Eurovision and especially this country....

Just feeling sick at the moment.

Rosetta :blush: I feel annoyed, so I can't imagine how you guys feel. I most feel sorry for the others, so much effort and costs just to be humiliated. Losing out to a ridiculous song.
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    Don't forget Australia :D

I wasn't counting the newcomers out of the good will factor. :D
    us, penalties and open goals don't have a happy history

I don't really care too much about us tbh. At this point it'll have to be absolutely DIRE for it to go anywhere near the bottom. Germany has some decent options to choose from and Edurne has me quite eager to here her song tomorrow. If the UK send something even passable it'll be high up in my ratings. It's not a good year imo at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Finland how could you do this to us, you had such a fantastic selection and this is how it ends!? I'm sure Tove Jansson would be spinning in her grave. I will be going to work in a very bad mood tomorrow morning and if I end up swearing at any customers than you all know why!!

:D:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.