Options

Neon LCD TV

Our local Morrisons has a Neon 23" LCD TV with intergrated Freeview & DVD player for £185. Has anybody got any experience of this brand? It also comes with a wall bracket & 2 year warranty.

Comments

• Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,691
    Forum Member
    The wall bracket might last two years.
  • Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at all the big TV brands; they all have web sites where you can download manuals and find the address for the UK representation: service centres, telephone support etc.

Now look up a web site for Neon..........(waits)..............

.............(still waiting)..................

No luck yet?

That's the difference. These no-name Chinese TVs and other consumer goods are throw-away devices. If it breaks within the warranty period then the retailer will replace it. But if you have a technical problem such as connecting it to something that should work but doesn't seem to, or you lose the remote, or it has a problem picking up new Freeview channels, or the firmware needs an update....well that's when you find out why these TVs are cheaper than the major brands.

Treat this TV like you would a disposable item and you'll be very happy. Think of it in terms of something you might expect to work faultlessly for 5 years and you'll be very disappointed. Value is all a matter of your point of view.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Bought a 19inch Neon LCD with freeview and DVD for my daughters bedroom from Morrisons.
    This make is the same a Cello i believe.
    It is idea for bedroom where you do not expect excellent sound, but it is good enough. The picture quality is great and freeview is excellent. Really easy to set up also.
    Hope this helps.
    JackL
  • Options
    onthewoodonthewood Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Morrisons seems to have been knocking out alot of these Neon TV's the last year or so. I remember seeing the 19iinch one mentioned that seemed to include a Ipod dock as well. They seem to have 26inch ones too at the moment.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JackL wrote: »
    Bought a 19inch Neon LCD with freeview and DVD for my daughters bedroom from Morrisons.
    This make is the same a Cello i believe.
    It is idea for bedroom where you do not expect excellent sound, but it is good enough. The picture quality is great and freeview is excellent. Really easy to set up also.
    Hope this helps.
    JackL
    Yes, Neon is a registered trademark of Cello Electronics (UK) Ltd.
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    32" NEON £249 at Morrisons this week.

1080i / 720p 2 x HDMI and a multitude of other inputs.

remote that comes with the set works SKY HD box too.