Miranda Last Ever

occyoccy Posts: 64,630
Forum Member
✭✭
Miranda Hart will present the last two Christmas specials this year, that will mark the end of Miranda altogether she told the radio times. " This could mean the sign she's found happiness"

Comments

• pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh joy ! Will she fall over again in these episodes.............for a change !
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annoying woman!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »

If she didn`t each ep would last 2 minutes.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a god.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    3 easy predictions, She will fall over, She will look at the camera, And of course she will 'Get the guy'

Zzzz
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get her appeal at all. Or her annoying blonde sidekick.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Christ she's not popular on here is she . I find it really funny at least there's some comedy on this Christmas il appreciate unlike last year
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys thought about just not watching it? (crazy I know!)
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's total shit but it's marginally better than mrs browns boys.
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »

Just a few of the oddbods who love to watch TV with the sole intent of criticising. Bit sad but each to their own
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a dip in and dip out show for me but I don't mind it when I catch it

She was good in that sitcom about the British space fleet.......or maybe that was just a good sitcom and she was in it
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    If she didn`t each ep would last 2 minutes.

:D:D:D
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not an Appreciation thread.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    3 easy predictions, She will fall over, She will look at the camera, And of course she will 'Get the guy'

Zzzz

And the inane studio audience will gasp, coo, cheer and squee every step of the way.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its all about opinions me old cockerrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get the appeal if im honest.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible woman, horrible programme
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's abit "what I call" overdue
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »

I'm sure you'll be here the day it airs to let us all know.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »

Zzzz

She already "got two guys". Keep up.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK it has it's faults, but I think people are being a little harsh. I mean it might not be up there with the likes of Fawlty Towers and Father Ted, but it's an enjoyable enough show. It's at least on a level with Not Going Out, and that gets a broadly positive reaction around here.

The will they/won't they storyline with Miranda and Gary never did it for me though. I think she and Mike made a better couple.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I normally catch the last few minutes of her show while waiting for the next programme & thats bad enough!
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a few of the oddbods who love to watch TV with the sole intent of criticising. Bit sad but each to their own

I have seen a couple of episodes to see what the hype was about. I have also seen the last minute of quite a few episodes whilst waiting for the next prog to start. I don't feel odd or sad. I find people odd (and a bit sad) if they have difficulty in accepting that people have different views to them or an alternative opinion.

Miranda is just lazy and self indulgent comedy. She is not original, all that looking at the camera and falling over is derivative of what has been done before. Speaking as a woman I find it really annoying that female comedians in sit coms always give themselves a stunning boyfriend, or they are being chased by loads of men, which shows a vanity that seems out of keeping with who they are. Not only does Miranda do this, but Dawn F did it too in TVOD (Richard Armitage).
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen a couple of episodes to see what the hype was about. I have also seen the last minute of quite a few episodes whilst waiting for the next prog to start. I don't feel odd or sad. I find people odd (and a bit sad) if they have difficulty in accepting that people have different views to them or an alternative opinion.

However just going on to a thread about a programme or individual one doesn't like and just saying "I think it's rubbish" is hardly enlightened debate, is it?
    Miranda is just lazy and self indulgent comedy. She is not original, all that looking at the camera and falling over is derivative of what has been done before. Speaking as a woman I find it really annoying that female comedians in sit coms always give themselves a stunning boyfriend, or they are being chased by loads of men, which shows a vanity that seems out of keeping with who they are. Not only does Miranda do this, but Dawn F did it too in TVOD (Richard Armitage).

I don't think Miranda would ever claim to be ground breaking or original, it is a family comedy after all. In saying that, though, how many truly ground breaking or original comedies have their been over, say, the last 40 years? Not that many, if any.

For me it isn't a "must see" although I can understand its popularity, to me there are plenty of comedies on TV that are less funny however I don't have enough free time on my hands to visit those threads just to say I think the programme is rubbish. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only saw the last few minutes once. From what I saw it was all inane drivel. It wasn't for me, so I made sure I never had to watch again even a few minutes