Options

Lol Silly Will

faith11faith11 Posts: 908
Forum Member
✭✭
He disdained good singers and said they weren't good enough, that he'll only turn for the uniquely good ones who has something. Hahaha, look who he's left with :blush::D

Comments

• Options
    Nigel_BourneNigel_Bourne Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    faith11 wrote: »
    He disdained good singers and said they weren't good enough, that he'll only turn for the uniquely good ones who has something. Hahaha, look who he's left with :blush::D

Oh, dear, oh dear oh dear.......
    What a plum!
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 seriously 😂😂😂😂😂 I can't believe that just happened 😂😂
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, dear, oh dear oh dear.......
    What a plum!

Somehow I can't quite seeing him get through the battle rounds - unless he's up against a Dead Person....
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I'm stunned Sally Gunnels daughter and the welsh lass never got through but this guy DID :confused: .... baffled x
  • Options
    Kim PKim P Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly saving the best till last!
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    That wasn't good for the show. A short talking point at the end of the auditions but that's it!!
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you mean Silly Willy? :P
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    wonder if this was a stitch up as he always leaves it right til the last singer

good for a laugh at the time but not really fair on better singers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim P wrote: »
    Not exactly saving the best till last!

He didn't turn for Emmanuel, the black guy in Ricky's team and Rosa,that pretty 16 year old girl and he didn't even admit he made a mistake. Don't know what's wrong with Will this year.Last year I thought he had the best team but this year he has the worst team with only one really good singer I can think of. Out of all the judges I liked him the best but really disappointed in his choices this year.:confused: Team Ricky for me this year then. I have defected ;-)
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Will's "thing" to take a punt on the last one and he didn't take Sally Gunnell's niece because she was a name dropping, stage school, affected singer who loved herself a little too much. There'd be no point even having the last singer if all the teams were full so it could be a bit weird if Will didn't do his gamble.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Will's "thing" to take a punt on the last one and he didn't take Sally Gunnell's niece because she was a name dropping, stage school, affected singer who loved herself a little too much. There'd be no point even having the last singer if all the teams were full so it could be a bit weird if Will didn't do his gamble.

How would he have known that?
  • Options
    Forum Member

But he wouldn't have known that in advance... unless....:)
  • Options
    Adsie1989Adsie1989 Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    What a wolly will is Ricky and Rita were funny taking the mick out of him lol good luck in the comapatiotion ur gonna need it
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though he got through and better singers didn't I kind of felt sorry for the last guy. He was obviously put in as a joke to catch Will out but at the time he looked so confused like he couldn't believe he got through on merit. If you enter these reality/singing contests then you should realise you're just going to get used at the whim of the editor but I thought that was a bit cruel. Still for a little guy I think he has broad enough shoulders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spikewoman wrote: »
    Even though he got through and better singers didn't I kind of felt sorry for the last guy. He was obviously put in as a joke to catch Will out but at the time he looked so confused like he couldn't believe he got through on merit. If you enter these reality/singing contests then you should realise you're just going to get used at the whim of the editor but I thought that was a bit cruel. Still for a little guy I think he has broad enough shoulders.

Yeah I kind of felt sorry for the guy too..
  • Options
    hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I kind of felt sorry for the guy too..

Me too. It was a cruel trick. Hopefully he'll make the opportunity work for him.
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all felt a bit odd knowing the last two singers had to get through, good or bad - of course that's the gamble the judges take by leaving it late, but it didn't help the show, it was a real anticlimax.

In previous years I thought Will's "wait for the last one" strategy seemed very stage-managed - we don't know if they're really showing the auditions in anything like chronological order, and the people he ended up with were actually quite good (as far as I remember).

This year there was so much talk throughout the show about how many places the judges had left (or not) that it seemed more genuine, but it also felt like Will was being stitched up.

I did feel sorry for the singer - although he was rubbish - because in effect he was the butt of a joke without knowing it. Which felt more like something from The X Factor than The Voice.
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I laughed my arse off. .it was hilarious. .typical working man's club singer...very funny
  • Options
    AlfiesmumAlfiesmum Posts: 122
    Forum Member

I'm sure he waited until the last act last year, it paid off then because they were good - tonight NOT so much pmsl :D
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would he have known that?

He knows a lot more than anyone thinks. These are people who've had two auditions in front of vocal coaches before even getting this far. Her stage school affected voice was obvious to everyone but I guarantee they know stuff about the auditionees that they shouldn't. Knowing someone who's been on in a past year Will knew stuff about him which he then spoke about in the chatty bit after the singing. We are being manipulated as usual but a lot less than we are by the X factor ;-).
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alfiesmum wrote: »
    I'm sure he waited until the last act last year, it paid off then because they were good - tonight NOT so much pmsl :D

He's waited until the last act every year. It only really worked in Season 1 when he acquired the excellent Jaz Ellington.

The 2 acts he got in Season's 2 & 3 were both fed in the battle rounds to the acts that Will seemingly heavily favoured to be his winner (Leah McFall & Sophie May Williams)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    He's waited until the last act every year. It only really worked in Season 1 when he acquired the excellent Jaz Ellington.

The 2 acts he got in Season's 2 & 3 were both fed in the battle rounds to the acts that Will seemingly heavily favoured to be his winner (Leah McFall & Sophie May Williams)

But I don't think Jaz was the last singer that year - he just happened to come after Becky Hill, a mediocre singer and a really good singer, there was no indication that he was anywhere near the last audition lined up. Perhaps it was staged for season 2 maybe not I'm not sure. I didn't like how they mashed it up last year but I can't remember enough to comment. This year it clearly wasn't staged, Will turned round simply cause he didn't want to go through another week of auditions just to fill his spot. The end felt insincere and I feel rather sorry for Andrew because the producer knew that if they got to the last singer Will would turn what ever to simply end the auditions, not fair on Will and not fair on the final singer but there you go.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was unlucky for Will that he got caught out but I don't see it as him being targeted for a stich-up.

When there were just two singers left with 2 places up for grabs Will and Tom both turned for the first one and she picked Tom. She could just as easily have picked Will and then Tom would have been stuck with the last one :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    It was unlucky for Will that he got caught out but I don't see it as him being targeted for a stich-up.

When there were just two singers left with 2 places up for grabs Will and Tom both turned for the first one and she picked Tom. She could just as easily have picked Will and then Tom would have been stuck with the last one :)

The thing is that it repeating once can be believed to be a coincidence (not that I believe in coincidences), repeating twice is a bit fishy but a third time, it is starting to feel like the producers have maybe some how manipulated the situation.
  • Options
    Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the tina turner dude is just going to get paired with the girl who will said was amazing at battles