Options

Simon Cowell on working with Katie Hopkins...

milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cowell said: "I would rather take a bath, fill it with vinegar, cut myself a thousand times, immerse myself slowly for an hour, than work with her."

Even Cowell finds her to be vile and cruel...I can imagine that Katie's opinion of Susan Boyle would be that she is fat, not that she has a stunning voice.

Comments

• Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    This is first time that I salute Simon Cowell, well said. If not even Simon Cowell wants to go there, you must be really a s*** person.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what the context of this sentence was ie when he was asked or was he joking?

However, despite his often harsh critiques of singers during x factor, - off screen he is usually affable and charming in his approach to people. If he means this - in the manner it is coming over - then he clearly isn't her biggest fan.
  • Options
    Katrina_WoodsKatrina_Woods Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Please, more KH threads .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did attack Kelly Clarkson last weekend, for being fat, who is one of the biggest successes from American Idol. And a huge talent, who has recently had a baby and been working on a new album. I also suspect he knows Perez pretty well too, who has never attacked Simon. He has most likely known Cheggers for years too...Simon Cowell maybe honest, and may have to break peoples dreams, but he is not without compassion.

What would Katie say do someone that has fallen on hard times or are overweight?
    Would she have judged Susan Boyle by her voice and talent or her looks? Simon Cowell has done an amazing job with her, when she can be difficult due to her Asperger's and the huge amount of fame that she found....
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »
    Cowell said: "I would rather take a bath, fill it with vinegar, cut myself a thousand times, immerse myself slowly for an hour, than work with her."
    Well he's just voicing what any reasonable person would say, surely. No one with an ounce of credibility or professionalism would dream of associating themselves with such a chronically low-level attention-seeker.
  • Options
    MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like KH but think real reason Simon wouldn't touch her with a barge pole is that he'd be too afraid of what she might say - especially about him!
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Well he's just voicing what any reasonable person would say, surely. No one with an ounce of credibility or professionalism would dream of associating themselves with such a chronically low-level attention-seeker.

I'm no fan of SC but this is an excellent response to Hopkins. I imagine in her deluded pea brain, she would actually believe there was a possibility of working alongside Cowell.

Reality check for Hopkins.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like KH but think real reason Simon wouldn't touch her with a barge pole is that he'd be too afraid of what she might say - especially about him!

^ this ^ :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If he was afraid, he would of said nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No don't think so, if by some miracle she did work alongside one of the most powerful men in showbiz, he'd have a watertight contract drawn up so the God awful woman wouldn't be able to open her nasty, spiteful gob.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    No don't think so, if by some miracle she did work alongside one of the most powerful men in showbiz, he'd have a watertight contract drawn up so the God awful woman wouldn't be able to open her nasty, spiteful gob.

Apart from anything else, there's nothing stopping Hopkins from saying what she likes about Simon now. She doesn't need to work with him to spew her bile so the idea that that's a reason for him not wanting to work with her is more than a bit ridiculous!

He doesn't want to work with her because she's a talentless, attention-seeking troll with nothing of interest to offer him or anyone else. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is not a journalist, tv personality, singer or actor....she has no platform from which to judge a talent show. She went after Kelly Clarkson, who is an accomplished singer/songwriter, when she appeared on Graham Norton, yet Katie Hopkins would never get invited on Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross...

Simon has vast experience of working in show business and is big in the US, and has developed a format of TV show, that has gone worldwide. And he often hates it when he has to shatter someone's dreams, especially at Judge's houses, when the pressure is really on. He has had far nastier things said about him, some of which is true, by other people. And although BGT has entertainment value, it is not made purely to laugh at people. And can you imagine Katie Hopkins working with David Walliams?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member

Even Cowell finds her to be vile and cruel...I can imagine that Katie's opinion of Susan Boyle would be that she is fat, not that she has a stunning voice.

...a bit rich coming from the man with the immobile face tbf...hopkins deserves credit for making a career out of being an arsehole..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see if she attacks the mighty Cowell on her twitter page now. I suspect not.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on Cowell for refusing to work with her. She's a right bitch because of the stuff she posts. No doubt she won't give a stuff about anything that's rightly said about her, she's too arrogant for that, but she is a right bitch though. The day will come when she does go too far though and she either gets arrested, or someone unstable will go after her. She thinks it's all just fun and games, but she's treading on dangerous ground.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...a bit rich coming from the man with the immobile face tbf...hopkins deserves credit for making a career out of being an arsehole..

Eh? Where did Cowell call anyone's looks in what you quoted? Hopkins has a reputation for insulting fat people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Good on Cowell for refusing to work with her. She's a right bitch because of the stuff she posts. No doubt she won't give a stuff about anything that's rightly said about her, she's too arrogant for that, but she is a right bitch though. The day will come when she does go too far though and she either gets arrested, or someone unstable will go after her. She thinks it's all just fun and games, but she's treading on dangerous ground.

Agree with that statement - she may get to the point when she has alienated so many people in high places - and just push it too far that people will distance themselves from her. Even KP said she needs to be careful during her This Morning interview.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Cowell made a career out of humiliating often vulnerable reality tv show contestants so his comments are jùst a little bit rich. For all her faults as least Hopkins criticises people who are generally able to give it right back.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Cowell made a career out of humiliating often vulnerable reality tv show contestants so his comments are jùst a little bit rich. For all her faults as least Hopkins criticises people who are generally able to give it right back.

Sorry, don't agree. She has attacked all kinds of people, many of whom are not in a tenable position to 'give it right back'. Agree with your first sentence, though, for the most part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »

But these people you say Cowell has humiliated (which IMO don't think he has) must know that if they decide to audition for him, there is every chance he'll tell them the truth ie they have no talent. I don't ever recall him telling anyone they're too fat, too ginger, too lazy etc.
    And how are the people that Hopkins humiliates on TV, trashy magazines able to give it back?:confused:
    Even on Twitter, I don't believe she even tags the people she's having a nasty pop at.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Cowell would give a flying fig about what some sad, desperate, attention seeking, z-list mediawh0re thinks or says about him because she's so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. If she had any power, or sway, she wouldn't have to sink to the depths she does to get her fix of publicity.

If Hopkins was a BGT or X-Factor contestant, she'd be one of the pathetic, tuneless ones who have to be ushered out by the bodyguards because she got unanimous Nos from the judges.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    But these people you say Cowell has humiliated (which IMO don't think he has) must know that if they decide to audition for him, there is every chance he'll tell them the truth ie they have no talent. I don't ever recall him telling anyone they're too fat, too ginger, too lazy etc.

In the early years he was quite nasty - that's how he became famous in the US. And he criticises people for their appearance regularly.

It's just a bit hypocritical.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has Hopkins been a singer? I just don't see the point of this.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Cowell needs to learn a bit of respect.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Since when has Hopkins been a singer? I just don't see the point of this.
    Someone (probably Hatie herself) touted her as a BGT judge. Cowell, telling it like it is, put the nasty little tick back in her box.