MTV VMA's 2013 - The Day Miley Cyrus Ruined her entire career

Comments

• Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Miley needs to youtube Like A Virgin/Vogue/Hollywood performances to take note of how you steal the show at the VMAs
  • The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her career is perfectly intact. Her latest single, Wrecking Ball, is still at number two on iTunes and We Can't Stop is still there at number six. That's two singles in the top 10 on iTunes - hardly signaling a ruined career. Not to mention that her album is holding strong on the albums chart at number 3 and that is just on preorders alone. All that happened last night was that she emerged, for the first time, as a proper controversial popstar and ensured herself as the weeks watercooler/dinner table/playground talking point.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I just find Miley Cyrus deeply unlikable and smug. I remember seeing a few Twitter pictures of her showing off the Chanel labels in her clothes while looking really pleased with herself. I also don't find her to be particularly sexy, whether she's trying to be or not. She's awkward looking, all teeth. There are much better ways to go about maturing as an artist and shedding an old skin than acting that desperate on stage. She's basically screaming "Look at me! I'm no longer Hannah Montana, I'm a woman." Yawn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgj2etJs3Y

The Onion totally predicted it 5 years ago
    LOL

They should do our lottery numbers. :eek:
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she has ruined her career at all! Her new album shot up into the top 15 iTunes chart solely on pre-orders.

EVERYONE is talking about her at the moment, if anything this helped her career!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I find this 'Disney girl gone bad' thing totally boring.:sleep:
    People can be creative without dancing around in ugly underwear etc.
    The picture of Will Smith and his family with their reactions is so funny though.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the sex tape is not far behind if this lot doesn't work
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she has ruined her career at all! Her new album shot up into the top 15 iTunes chart solely on pre-orders.

EVERYONE is talking about her at the moment, if anything this helped her career!

Everyone is constantly talking about Justin Bieber and his latest scandal, but I don't know if it really helps his career & prospects.
    They are both on similar paths: trying to shed their old clean image.
    We'll see soon enough if this free advertisement lead to sales or more to insults.
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is freaking out and she and her management company are rubbing their hands together

Everything is going as planned , solid sales, tons of hype for her album thats a winning PR campaign
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha me and my friends think she's probably on some kind of drugs, but you know it could be that she's just making a name for herself, and now that she's on the tip of everyone's tongue she got her dose of PR from it.

Anyway it was on cable and they muted out where she sings "dancing with Miley or molly" depending on your ears so we can see what is really all the networks care about and it's not sex, it's drug references.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember the Britney - Gimme More Uncensored music video? If everyone's either forgotten or gotten over that, we can all get over a few sexual moves. If it wasn't Miley gyrating on Robin Thicke's privates it would have been another female model. I think she's 20, let her be. It was much worse when she danced on a pole at the Teen Choice Awards as a teenager herself. We should have seen it coming. If you ignore the Blurred Lines bit of the performance, it was quite good imo.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miley Cyrus is a very clever lady and will benefit from this very, very much. Think the OP might be overreacting just a tad.
  • StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember the Britney - Gimme More Uncensored music video? If everyone's either forgotten or gotten over that, we can all get over a few sexual moves. If it wasn't Miley gyrating on Robin Thicke's privates it would have been another female model. I think she's 20, let her be. It was much worse when she danced on a pole at the Teen Choice Awards as a teenager herself. We should have seen it coming. If you ignore the Blurred Lines bit of the performance, it was quite good imo.
    It's not her behaviour that's shocking, it's just her entire act that's cringey.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    Disney bimbo goes "bad"

Boring. Seen it all before.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched the performance again on tv this time and i still find what she did utterly hilarious.:D from the minute she stumbled onto the stage pulling faces that a twelve year old would be embarrassed by while playing with her imaginary hair, i was completely hooked.:eek: yes, it was embarrassing, cringe worthy, even vomit inducing for some, but most of all it was fun and she certainly give the performance her all.:D
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am dying watching Miley Cyrus - Jesus wept!:o:eek:
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    You forgot the Queen herself; Lana Del Rey

She's even more fake than Miley.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    urt31 wrote: »
    I find the Smith families reaction photo incredulous considering all that their far younger daughter has done in her quest for fame.

They were watching Lady Gaga not Miley
    An image of the Smith family's priceless face during Miley's jaw-dropping performance became an instant internet sensation, but it turns out the reaction was actually captured during Lady Gaga's act. 'They were watching Lady Gaga's show-opening performance of Applause,' MTV clarified on Monday.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think she looked good...the fact that robin thicke is dressed like beetlejuice is more disturbing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    You forgot the Queen herself; Lana Del Rey

What are you on? Since when has 2 albums been worthy of the title queen. I may not like madonna, but she's earned her title and paid her dues. Lana - purrlease she's hasn't even done enough to earn a Medal of Honor for her music ie. her second album didn't do as well commercially as born to die (which is a shame because born to die was easily one of the best albums of that year)

And as for her not cavorting in hot pants I ask you to tell me what she's wearing in ride - The only difference between her and Miley is that it goes with the direction of the song. Actually I'd like to revoke that last sentence because as the lyrics of "we can't stop" say miley doesn't give a damn if there are people disapproving of her behaviour. It's her party and she can do what she wants to.

Although like other users have said I wish she would bloody well stop. :(
    Stop twerking her damn spine (yes I said spine - twerking requires a$$, she has pancakes at best). :rolleyes:
    Stop making me (and others) cringe.
    AND STOP WITH THE BLOODY TONGUE. There are dogs who seem to be able to show more self restraint than miley. :mad:
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more concerned with how bad role models really are these days, particularly women. I dread to think what the music industry will be like in another 10 years.

I would not want my kids listening or watching this garbage. It's shameful that this smut is so heavily featured in the mainstream, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    chrisqc wrote: »
    Everyone is freaking out and she and her management company are rubbing their hands together

Everything is going as planned , solid sales, tons of hype for her album thats a winning PR campaign

Totally shes completely won!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People talking about her teeth P I S S E S me off tbh. Low blow much? I like her unique look.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what her best friend Lesley thinks of this?!!

Oh, she's just being Miley :p

In all seriousness though, I was cringing when I watched it! I'm not 'shocked and disgusted' by it as, like others have said, we've seen this in varying forms from RiRi, Xtina etc but I think the whole act she's putting on at the moment is just embarrassing.

I think it's just all the more shocking because she sounded awful and looked slightly crazed...the whole 'riding' the foam finger thing was just excrutiating to watch and I don't care what anyone says, she cannot twerk!

Makes me wonder if she was dancing with molly....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am definitely in the minority. I much preferred Miley's aggressive, sexual performance at the VMAs to the performances of the passive girls in the 'Blurred Lines' video.