Katie is strong in the face of the bullies!

JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
Forum Member
✭✭✭
God I don't know how this beautiful young blonde star is bearing up with all the vile bullying she has had to endure in her young life for being successful and blonde on a tv show. Jealousy really hurts innocent people. Great role model Katie and great vocalist and performer. Don't let the bar stewards get you down.:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blonde? :D:D

Perhaps you should look here:
    http://images.sugarscape.com/userfiles/image/OCTOBER2010/MANGO/KATIEMAIN.jpg

Nothing blonde about her.

I take it this is a piss take thread?
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the sence I get of her being given a totally OTT savaging but I don't know that I see her as "sucessful" or someone to be jealous or even envious of.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaggedcat wrote: »
    God I don't know how this beautiful young blonde star is bearing up with all the vile bullying she has had to endure in her young life for being successful and blonde on a tv show. Jealousy really hurts innocent people. Great role model Katie and great vocalist and performer. Don't let the bar stewards get you down.:D

Thought you were being serious until I read the words "great role model" and "blonde".

If my teenage daughter kept people waiting for 6 hours I'd give her a good slap (any social workers out there - only joking). Great role model for young kids she is not.

As for the "blonde" - what a hoot!
  • liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member
    Gotta say the Mirror headline 'Axe Her!' had unpleasant connotations of 'BURN the witch!!!'

Its just trying to work out why they're doing it - because they wouldn't be, without Syco etc giving them the green light or even setting it up. It could be a sympathy vote thing but it wasnt written particularly sympathetically.:confused: It could be to get her out without being voted out which makes her memorable as a victim of press bullying rather than a failed contestant. Talk of the tour was interesting since I understood only the final 8 went on it?

The whole article is tacitly 'confirmed' by 'show insiders' - which doesnt mean any of it is true of course but it's def come from them. Not that I believe ANY of the tabloid X Factor publicity is independent - good or bad. None of the tabloids dare truly take Cowell on. What happens, counterintuitive as it may seem sometimes, is IMO what he wants to happen.

If she's not in on the whole thing I feel desperately sorry for her; if she is I cant begin to imagine how badly she must want fame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    I think that she will quit, specially if she has got her place on the tour, as the Mail reckons.

And I am not ruling out that is has been planned for a while, that's why they don't need so many double eliminations. :eek:
  • jock_fjock_f Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    I think that she will quit, specially if she has got her place on the tour, as the Mail reckons.

And I am not ruling out that is has been planned for a while, that's why they don't need so many double eliminations. :eek:

Love the conspiracy theory, but it does make logical sense!:)
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blonde? :D:D

Perhaps you should look here:
    http://images.sugarscape.com/userfiles/image/OCTOBER2010/MANGO/KATIEMAIN.jpg

Nothing blonde about her.

I take it this is a piss take thread?

Apart from my own natural platinum locks there are not many people with their own hair colour but blonde is the favourite bottle the ladies choose. The flaxen hair may have been her colour when she was younger but she is gorgeous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Thought you were being serious until I read the words "great role model" and "blonde".

If my teenage daughter kept people waiting for 6 hours I'd give her a good slap (any social workers out there - only joking). Great role model for young kids she is not.

As for the "blonde" - what a hoot!

I think when you read a person's post usually it is their opinion and I know sometimes it is hard to accept we all see the world differently, but we do. For me Katie has the X factor and demosntrates great strength given the bullying. If I were her mum I would go ballistic at the bullies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    I don't like the sence I get of her being given a totally OTT savaging but I don't know that I see her as "sucessful" or someone to be jealous or even envious of.

Me neither but people often take pot shots at more successful people when their chips are down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither but people often take pot shots at more successful people when their chips are down.

In that case there are many many many more obvious targets for a bit of irrational envy than Katie. If anything I am sorry for her.
  • weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    liz83 wrote: »
    Gotta say the Mirror headline 'Axe Her!' had unpleasant connotations of 'BURN the witch!!!'

Its just trying to work out why they're doing it - because they wouldn't be, without Syco etc giving them the green light or even setting it up. It could be a sympathy vote thing but it wasnt written particularly sympathetically.:confused: It could be to get her out without being voted out which makes her memorable as a victim of press bullying rather than a failed contestant. Talk of the tour was interesting since I understood only the final 8 went on it?

The whole article is tacitly 'confirmed' by 'show insiders' - which doesnt mean any of it is true of course but it's def come from them. Not that I believe ANY of the tabloid X Factor publicity is independent - good or bad. None of the tabloids dare truly take Cowell on. What happens, counterintuitive as it may seem sometimes, is IMO what he wants to happen.

If she's not in on the whole thing I feel desperately sorry for her; if she is I cant begin to imagine how badly she must want fame.

As indeed does a large amount of content from people on this forum. Presumably they will all be taking an effigy of Katie down to Lewes on Friday. The lack of perspective is really nauseating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from my own natural platinum locks there are not many people with their own hair colour but blonde is the favourite bottle the ladies choose. The flaxen hair may have been her colour when she was younger but she is gorgeous.

I'd sooner eat my own eyeballs than have my hair like hers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd sooner eat my own eyeballs than have my hair like hers.

I suspect that if you were really faced with those alternatives you would make a different choice :p
  • ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah - I think there you hit the nail squarely on the head.

Witches do exist today, just like they did 500 years ago, and just like then, they only exist 'in people's heads'.

5oo years ago they were drowned or burnt, today they are pilloried in the press - and on forums like this one!!!
  • SeanHunterSeanHunter Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Best laugh I've had in ages.

Yes, all you BULLIES out there - LEAVE KATIE ALONE!

(Rushes off to do a YouTube video...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Daily Telegraph had the headline this morning "Obama Weakened By Republican Gains".

That's got connotations of "Lynch this black guy!"

Oh my God, I just burst into tears when I realised this. What an awful world we live in.

Poor Katie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's really annoying but she doesn't deserve the level of abuse she is getting. I think it's for the best if she goes this week for everyone sake.
  • ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SeanHunter wrote: »
    The Daily Telegraph had the headline this morning "Obama Weakened By Republican Gains".

That's got connotations of "Lynch this black guy!".

Bad example - it doesn't.
  • liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member
    SeanHunter wrote: »

That's got connotations of "Lynch this black guy!"

Oh my God, I just burst into tears when I realised this. What an awful world we live in.

Poor Katie.

Hey I'm not a Katie fan (Matt for me:D) - but you have to admit (dont you?:p) that that headline was almost hysterical (the Katie one not the Obama one:rolleyes:) if you take it at face value as many people will. I think theres more behind it than it seems, thats all- that there has been from the start. I don't think Katie is a common or garden contestant. Like I said,if she's not in on it I feel really sorry for her because it must be terrifying to be in this position; if she is... hmmm. Thats even scarier.
    Forum Member
    ffawkes wrote: »
    I think Mr Hunter was attempting satire. Badly.
    Forum Member
    donbon wrote: »
    She's really annoying but she doesn't deserve the level of abuse she is getting. I think it's for the best if she goes this week for everyone sake.
    Unfortunately that then effectively means the bullies get their way....
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Katie is certainly strong in the face...
    That chin could take your eye out. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact is people are not voting for her. That's it. She isn't good enough or appealing enough by a long way. She was a pratt from the outset and is getting worse. She's is just desperate to stay to get on the tour, make money from it, and knows she can never win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weeesel wrote: »
    I think Mr Hunter was attempting satire. Badly.

Stop bullying me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffawkes wrote: »

You're just envious, envious and jealous of my lovely blonde example.