Options

Actors that have aged badly

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WLB wrote: »
    I think there is two types of good looking when your younger, and depending on which one you are very much depends on how you will age.

There is the "cute" good looking, they have a youthfulness about them that makes them good looking. These people will always age badly, as the youthfulness that make them good looking, inevitable goes as they get older.

The other type is more of a "rugged" good looks, and these are less tyed to age so generally these type of people age beter.

Using an example on here, the two guys from BH90210. Jason Priestly was the kind of cute, boy next door, good looks. This inevitably goes as you get older, and you will always look like you are aging badly. On the other hand Luke Perry was more of the rugged good looking, which tends not to change so much as you age, as its not dependant on it.

Reading back this it doesnt make sense, but hopefully you can see what i am getting at.

Not with everyone. Some do retain their smooth soft skin. I suppose it depends on what kind of lifestyle they lead, in terms of, smoking, drinking heavily, heavy partying ect which will always accelerate the aging process.
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    What about actresses who aged well...
    Doris Day for eg.... she had a fabulous film career
    and then went on to have a long TV career... still looking
    fabulous in her 50s... !

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/copyofdorisdayportsdfsd.jpg/
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,240
    Forum Member
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    What about actresses who aged well...
    Doris Day for eg.... she had a fabulous film career
    and then went on to have a long TV career... still looking
    fabulous in her 50s... !

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/copyofdorisdayportsdfsd.jpg/

That photo was taken many years ago, but Doris still looks terrific, and is a picture of health at 86.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,244
    Forum Member
    Hywel Bennett hasn't aged very well. He was gorgeous in his younger days.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,240
    Forum Member
    Hywel Bennett hasn't aged very well. He was gorgeous in his younger days.

I think he likes a drink, same with Peter O' Toole, it does take a toll on the looks.

Hard to believe that when he got his break as Lawrence, Noel Coward quipped "If you had been any prettier they would have had to rename the film, "Florence of Arabia". :p
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Jude Law!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jude Law!

Jude Law? How exactly has he aged badly? He looks okay to me.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Jude Law? How exactly has he aged badly? He looks okay to me.

Read my thread :D

i thought that too till i seen him yesterday in the Dior advert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read my thread :D

i thought that too till i seen him yesterday in the Dior advert.

Ah, you're talking about the receeding hairline.
  • Options
    mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a schoolboy I had a crush on Judith Durham of the Seekers. Sadly now she is in her late 60s, her looks have gone. Her neck is so 'old lady' that she has to keep it covered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afOUYaSnQIo&feature=related
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    mike1948 wrote: »
    As a schoolboy I had a crush on Judith Durham of the Seekers. Sadly now she is in her late 60s, her looks have gone. Her neck is so 'old lady' that she has to keep it covered.

I had never heard of her before, but she doesn't look bad for 67.

I looked her up on Wikipedia; apparently she was born Judith Mavis Cock. I'm so mature:p :o
  • Options
    mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    I had never heard of her before, but she doesn't look bad for 67.

I looked her up on Wikipedia; apparently she was born Judith Mavis Cock. I'm so mature:p :o

No wonder she changed it!
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,244
    Forum Member
    mike1948 wrote: »

OH MY GOD!! I remember her well but she looks so weird now, doesn't she?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Not with everyone. Some do retain their smooth soft skin. I suppose it depends on what kind of lifestyle they lead, in terms of, smoking, drinking heavily, heavy partying ect which will always accelerate the aging process.

Genetics play a big part too.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Agree with above. The people mentioned are just older, not aged badly. Micky Rourke looks awful because of plastic surgery, as do so many people in Hollywood.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Caught sight of Phil Middlemiss on the Corrie Celebrity Come Dine with me the other night, the years haven't been too kind to him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agree with above. The people mentioned are just older, not aged badly. Micky Rourke looks awful because of plastic surgery, as do so many people in Hollywood.

Yes, only people who have had plastic surgery can look bad. Nobody who has aged naturally actually looks bad, they just look older. That makes sense!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Genetics play a big part too.

Yes. I inherited my soft skin/baby face from my late dad.
  • Options
    oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of these people have not aged badly at all, they are simply old! Al Pacino is 70, compared to most 70 year olds you see around and about he looks quite good.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remove plastic surgery from the equation and then see who's aged badly or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remove plastic surgery from the equation and then see who's aged badly or not.

This is the thing. A LOT of stars in America will likely have had it done. They just don't realise how bad they look.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I ahve a feeling that under that fringe Goldie Hawn is a bit scarey.

I know someone who was in a lift with her in LA and said she was brutal up close:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Leo has aged quite quickly, which was inevitable really. He only made it as an actor in the first place because of his boyish good looks. Men with rugged good looks tend to age better than baby-faced guys.

Nowadays you wouldn't look twice at him if you passed him in the street. He looks very ordinary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shared a 'green room' with Kate O'Mara a while back.

Argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek::eek:

Face like 20 miles of bad road.

Seriously, she looks like a Spitting Image puppet of herself now. The really sad thing is, she still thinks she's glam !!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Shared a 'green room' with Kate O'Mara a while back.

Argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek::eek:

Face like 20 miles of bad road.

Seriously, she looks like a Spitting Image puppet of herself now. The really sad thing is, she still thinks she's glam !!!!

I saw her on Loose Women a while ago. She looks OK, but there seemed to be something wrong with her teeth, it looks like they don't quite fit or something.