Options

Simon didn't congratulate Dannii once

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
Forum Member
✭✭
Full of praise for Cheryl both years she won on the spin off show, even happily hugging her when Alexandra won, but he didn't even look at Dannii this year on Xtra Factor, even having the cheek to comment on how great Cheryl was last night. Thank God Dannii is classy enough to rise above it, if I was her it'd start to grate...

Comments

• Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    I noticed this also. What a nasty, spiteful, hateful man. He really disgusts me!:mad:
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One word.....

Backstage.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NightFalls wrote: »
    I noticed this also. What a nasty, spiteful, hateful man. He really disgusts me!:mad:

you and me nightfalls, i actually detest the man now, i cant believe how much i "used" to like him even fancied him a bit:eek::o:o:o:o:o:o, now i cant bare to look at him with his smug face with a nasty sneer when looking at Dannii i really hope xfaxtor US flops big style and him and smug Cole get disliked as much other there as it looks like they are lately getting over here now, he used to be respected and she was the "papers and press" nations sweetheart!!!(never mine:mad:)
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's such a diva :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    He's bitter because Dannii's taken the role he once had as the outspoken honest one.
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the only judge I respect, the only one that tells the truth and doesn't manipulate people....that's why he doesn't like her, she's rightly above the rest of them!
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Minogue fan too. She gives the most honest, constructive and intelligent answers to all the contestants and doesnt manipulate at all. She seems really content and happy in herself and seems to have softened over the years.

Whilst Simon seems to have started to become like a petulant child over the years. Sulking and ignoring people when they dont play his "game" - hence his treatment of Dannii. He even seems to have been really snappy to Princess Cole this season - and is either really praising her out of all proportion or really digging at her. The man really needs to grow up - no wonder he could relate to Cher so well - I see many similar immature characteristics.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    SOOOOOOOOO glad that Dannii and Matt won!
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some five years down the line someone will be doing a soap like docu drama called " The Rise And Fall Of Simon Cowell "

Its quite possible now the descent will be quicker the ascent :)
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's simple OP, it's cos he's a ******.
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    She effectively doesn't exist. He can neither hear her most weeks, or see her. To Simon, Dannii is an apparition.

I have to say, though I have no cause to have anything against her as a person, I have long felt the same way as him about her being an X Factor judge. She just doesn't stand out, she's not assertive enough for television, and her voice/accent really grates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Because Rebecca was more talentad than Matt even Louis looked gutted.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Team Minogue fan too. She gives the most honest, constructive and intelligent answers to all the contestants and doesnt manipulate at all. She seems really content and happy in herself and seems to have softened over the years.

Whilst Simon seems to have started to become like a petulant child over the years. Sulking and ignoring people when they dont play his "game" - hence his treatment of Dannii. He even seems to have been really snappy to Princess Cole this season - and is either really praising her out of all proportion or really digging at her. The man really needs to grow up - no wonder he could relate to Cher so well - I see many similar immature characteristics.
    You forgot his bitching at Louis nearly every week.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were you actually alongside Simon all last night or is this just based on what the cameras filmed?
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could have sworn it was Simon I saw walking up to stage (to congratulate Matt and Dannii I presumed) after Matt has finished singing the song and the cameras did cut away for the credits.

He must have congratuated them at least 'once' as I've seen a picture of Simon and Dannii holding each other on stage. Just because you don't see it on TV or it happened on TV before as opposed to now, that doesn't mean it didn't happen at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please. Matt won despite Dannii. She's a liability as a mentor - see Nicolo, Paige or Aiden....
  • Options
    purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tearchuff9 wrote: »

IMO Rebecca is just as talented as Matt but having the personality of a mop kind of put her at a disadvantage!
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris_sw wrote: »
    Oh please. Matt won despite Dannii. She's a liability as a mentor - see Nicolo, Paige or Aiden....

She had one week to work with Nicolo! Funnily enough the bottom 4 in week 1 had Nicolo, Katie, Storm and FYD (one from each category). Yeah, she got Just Dance badly wrong, but every judge makes mistakes with every contestant and it unfortunately happened in week 1 with Nicolo.

She gave Aiden and Paije some absolutely brilliant song choices. Aiden rocked Mad World and Nothing Compares 2 U in particular. Paije was amazing doing Aint Nobody, I'm A Believer/Hey Ya and Let it Be.

Paije got more votes than Cher on the night they sent him home. He could have gone for a couple more weeks. And despite Aiden's early exit he has a massive fanbase, and when the sing off is used correctly, he should have been saved over Katie who had been there 2/3 times before.

When you look at the figures and the way her boys were shafted by COWELL not her, I think it's evident Dannii did a bloody excellent job.
  • Options
    KriskikiKriskiki Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    chris_sw wrote: »

And look at John, Wagner and Storm. And Katie, TreyC and Cher and Bell Amie, FYD and Diva Fever.

We're talking about people who left the show right???
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he did backstage!!!! Also I still think he was gutted he didn't win!
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    She's the only judge I respect, the only one that tells the truth and doesn't manipulate people....that's why he doesn't like her, she's rightly above the rest of them!

I so agree with you
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Tearchuff9 wrote: »

Which makes Matt winning all the more enjoyable peeing off the other three judges.

Actually Cheryl was the only one I saw congratulate Dannii.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to make this same thread OP!

Yes, I think its quite cold how Simon didn't once praise Dannii last night for clearly being a great mentor to Matt.

You know that if Cheryl had won he would be banging on about it none stop :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    I was about to make this same thread OP!

Yes, I think its quite cold how Simon didn't once praise Dannii last night for clearly being a great mentor to Matt.

You know that if Cheryl had won he would be banging on about it none stop :rolleyes:

Did he say anything on the Xtra factor or was that all about Cheryl as usual?
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    When you look at the figures and the way her boys were shafted by COWELL not her, I think it's evident Dannii did a bloody excellent job.

now that i would like to have seen :o