Hugh Grant in Guardian Newspaper Ad

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
Forum Member
Funny how Hugh Grant doesn't like newspapers..YET will star in an ad for one! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkJ1TYpaoFI#

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the Graun is a paper he has a gripe with though.

I'm more shocked by how fast he's aging. :eek:
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member
    I don't think the Graun is a paper he has a gripe with though.

I'm more shocked by how fast he's aging. :eek:

He's 53 this year, so I would say he's pretty much looking his age.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    He's 53 this year, so I would say he's pretty much looking his age.

Oh, he looks his age all right, but it's the speed at which he's aged that's shocked me.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    His problem wasn't with newspapers, but rather newspapers that intrude illegally into people's personal lives.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how Hugh Grant doesn't like newspapers..YET will star in an ad for one! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkJ1TYpaoFI#

It's not newspapers he doesn't like, it's elements of the media, and for very good reason.

I don't get this ad though. It's exactly the same Guardian/Observer it's always been, great bits, goodish bits but really, too many bits full of ads and crap that end up unread in the recycling box. Actual innovation would be one quality newspaper and one quality mag. Less is more.

And Hugh looks fine.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, he looks his age all right, but it's the speed at which he's aged that's shocked me.

He hasn't done many films lately, so you probably haven't seen him that much, which it why it looks like he's aged suddenly. I have fallen in love with him all over again after my kids forcing me to watch The Pirates over and over - his voice is yummy in it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    He hasn't done many films lately, so you probably haven't seen him that much, which it why it looks like he's aged suddenly. I have fallen in love with him all over again after my kids forcing me to watch The Pirates over and over - his voice is yummy in it!

He's fairly independently wealthy and just does stuff when he fancies it.