HDR for British and German satellite stations

As my Technomate is becoming unreliable, I need a Satellite HDR unit for both British and German stations. I currently have 2 dishes on the wall.

Is the Humad HDR 1000S suitable? Their spec sheets are woefully inadequate.

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaizan wrote: »
    As my Technomate is becoming unreliable, I need a Satellite HDR unit for both British and German stations. I currently have 2 dishes on the wall.

Is the Humad HDR 1000S suitable? Their spec sheets are woefully inadequate.

It's not suitable, you can't record non-freesat channels with this unit. If you can find one a Foxsat-hdr running the Custom Firmware is most likely the only Freesat box that will do what you want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    It's not suitable, you can't record non-freesat channels with this unit. If you can find one a Foxsat-hdr running the Custom Firmware is most likely the only Freesat box that will do what you want.

Thank you. Guess I need to repair the Technomate. Just ordered some new capcitors for the power supply board.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I successfully run a Foxsat HDR with a single fixed quad lnr dish.

Mindful that one day I may need to replace the Foxsat HDR, I contacted Humax support about the suitability of the HDR-1000S.

Their response...

"The HDR-1000S will support a DiSEqC switch and it is possible to receive from 4 satellites. However, the non-freesat mode on the HDR-1000S (and other Freetime models) is more limited than the Foxsat-HDR. You will not be able to receive any EPG, nor can you instant or schedule record in Non-Freesat mode".
  • davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    i myself was looking out for a new free to air twin tuner that records, i have a inverto - branded lemon idl6000 - id had it well over 4 year and is still going strong, but would like to up date it

i haven't seen anything similar 2nd hand or new

what it the issue with your unit, that it may need repair?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    davetech wrote: »
    what it the issue with your unit, that it may need repair?
    My unit was no longer recognising an external USB device, therefore I could not record programmes.
    Following advice on another forum, I found 3 swollen capacitors on the power supply board, replaced them and now it is working fine.

I am still looking for alternative devices.
    Actually, the ideal device would have HD terrestrial input, satellite input, multi satellite capability and an internal drive, for recording off either, or space for one. That's probably too optimistic though.

I definitely need an EPG that works on the German channels. It makes recording sports programmes at the correct time much more foolproof.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaizan wrote: »
    My unit was no longer recognising an external USB device, therefore I could not record programmes.
    Following advice on another forum, I found 3 swollen capacitors on the power supply board, replaced them and now it is working fine.

I am still looking for alternative devices.
    Actually, the ideal device would have HD terrestrial input, satellite input, multi satellite capability and an internal drive, for recording off either, or space for one. That's probably too optimistic though.

I definitely need an EPG that works on the German channels. It makes recording sports programmes at the correct time much more foolproof.

Check out the Humax Icord, it wont do Terrestrial though. It's the German version of the Foxsat-hdr and can record up to 4 channels at once from it's twin tuners. If you speak German you may find similar customisation to the Foxsat-hdr.