Shirley or Sharon?

Claire-001Claire-001 Posts: 2,018
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who is better for Phil in terms of storylines and chemistry?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Sharon
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,222
    Forum Member
    Both actually, we need to move on from the Shirley and Phil "romance" so it's good that Sharon has been brought in. These three characters and Ian too and all interconnected which is why I'm glad Sharon has returned.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,940
    Forum Member
    shirley. a lot more complex and she is not just out for what she can get. they are far more realistic as a couple. they might not have as much chemistry but they did at the start if they started over again as friends i think they would have that chemistry but i dont really want her with phil anyway no way not unless phil redeems himself and proves himself.

i still think there is a lot to explore in phil/shirley/sharon and shouldnt be wasted

the past week just showed how epic they can be when given the right material.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Sharon.

Shirley would be better off being explored away from Phil to reestablish herself as a character in her own right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hmm. This will no doubt get the same names going as always, but I'm fairly fence-sitting on this one.
    I think they've both been good for Phil in their own ways, but Phil won't ever be "enough" for Sharon, she truly loved Dennis and while Phil might love and protect her, he won't be what she really wants.
    Shirley love(s/d?) Phil, but he really screwed her over by keeping the Heather stuff secret, and she deserves a lot better.
    In terms of chemistry I'd say there's more between Shirley and Phil, I like how their relationship isn't lovey dovey, but there's still passion there :)
    Storylines there's more stuff available for Shirley and Phil, particularly now Shirley's going to have to work very hard to ever forgive Phil.
    But I like them both with him. :)
  • Claire-001Claire-001 Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    Sharon.

Shirley would be better off being explored away from Phil to reestablish herself as a character in her own right.

I agree but I am worried they will do a Denise on her and she will become a bit part character. I love both Sharon and Shirley who are very different and hope they both get dominant storylines.
    Forum Member
    All of Shirleys insecurities are wrapped up in Sharon. It'd be interesting for them to do a storyline where Shirley lacks confidences about her looks and looks into ways of betteing herself, perhaps looking into ways of affording plastic surgery.
  • sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deadhead wrote: »
    I agree but I am worried they will do a Denise on her and she will become a bit part character. I love both Sharon and Shirley who are very different and hope they both get dominant storylines.

I hope they don’t turn her into this year’s Denise. Shirley deserves better, and so does Denise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how they fight over oil painting Phil. Sharon loves bad boys - that's why her and jack won't last. Please please don't pair Sharon or Shirley with Derek!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    All of Shirleys insecurities are wrapped up in Sharon. It'd be interesting for them to do a storyline where Shirley lacks confidences about her looks and looks into ways of betteing herself, perhaps looking into ways of affording plastic surgery.

yes they are but it doesnt mean the story has to end. i would hate that why does looks matter thats why it would help her if phil did love her cos she never believed him.

someone had a good theory on here if phil started drinking when he's with sharon and he pushes her away and asks for shirley sharon could contact her and go to see her i think they could become friends through this it would make sense if sharon is having one night stands and might even cheat on phil if she isnt happy with him still grieving for dennis etc
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Until recently I don't think Shirley's involvement with the Mitchells has been good for her character..looking forward to seeing where they take her now.

I'm not enamoured with the idea of Phil bullying another little boy so hope he doesn't end up as a step dad to Denny.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Sharon is the love of his life. After what Phil did with Ben via Heather they can never go back. The Dennis thing is obviously a issue but he was a grown man and Phil did not hold a gun to his head. Hes responsible for his own demise. Sharon will be angry as she is not a doormat like Shirley but in time she can overcome it. And Steve McFadden is brilliant with kids so I want more scenes of Phil and Denny. "I'm 6 before that I was 5" brilliant.
    Sharon and Phil have a 20 year complex history and Phil loves children more than anything. Tiffany, Lisa, Kathy all unplanned Mitchell brother pregnancies. In fact Sharon was the only 1 both Mitchell brothers at one point, wanted Sharon to be the mother to their child. So I think that shows something. Besides Phil needs a woman who can keep him on his toes not one to wipe his shoes on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon but I don't want the scriptwriters to just throw them together anytime soon.

I would like to see Phil fool himself into believing that he doesn't still love Sharon.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Deadhead wrote: »

Those are my fears too. Eastenders have had a bad track record recently with 'disposable characters'; utilising a character for a certain purpose and then disposing of them as soon as they're finished, rather than taking hold of the momentum they've built and really investing in them as a character.

If they waste Shirley after this week; a week which I think has vastly improved her general popularity; then they are total morons. Maybe Lorraine Newman will realise her potential. And bloody Denise's, too, at long last.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear god niether.

I think Sharon has a better chemistry with Phil but I still wouldnt want her to end up with that bully. :sleep:

Both women deserve better.
    Forum Member
    yes they are but it doesnt mean the story has to end. i would hate that why does looks matter thats why it would help her if phil did love her cos she never believed him.

someone had a good theory on here if phil started drinking when he's with sharon and he pushes her away and asks for shirley sharon could contact her and go to see her i think they could become friends through this it would make sense if sharon is having one night stands and might even cheat on phil if she isnt happy with him still grieving for dennis etc

As stated in my earlier post, the three of them are inter connected, I don't want it to end.

Because of Shirleys insecurities about herself, she's always been scared that Phil would ditch her for Sharon and now Sharons on the scene. I think Linda Henry would be epic in pulling off a story where she's so insecure about herself that she goes to drastic efforts, in fact I'd rather Sharon and Shirley bonded over that than have another rehash of Phils alcoholic storylines.
    Forum Member
    As stated in my earlier post, the three of them are inter connected, I don't want it to end.

Because of Shirleys insecurities about herself, she's always been scared that Phil would ditch her for Sharon and now Sharons on the scene. I think Linda Henry would be epic in pulling off a story where she's so insecure about herself that she goes to drastic efforts, in fact I'd rather Sharon and Shirley bonded over that than have another rehash of Phils alcoholic storylines.

i doubt sharon would care about shirley especially if shirley isnt nice to her she'd only be nice to her for phils sake
    Forum Member
    Sharon is the love of his life. After what Phil did with Ben via Heather they can never go back. The Dennis thing is obviously a issue but he was a grown man and Phil did not hold a gun to his head. Hes responsible for his own demise. Sharon will be angry as she is not a doormat like Shirley but in time she can overcome it. And Steve McFadden is brilliant with kids so I want more scenes of Phil and Denny. "I'm 6 before that I was 5" brilliant.
    Sharon and Phil have a 20 year complex history and Phil loves children more than anything. Tiffany, Lisa, Kathy all unplanned Mitchell brother pregnancies. In fact Sharon was the only 1 both Mitchell brothers at one point, wanted Sharon to be the mother to their child. So I think that shows something. Besides Phil needs a woman who can keep him on his toes not one to wipe his shoes on.

Thats another thing that makes Sharon different to Shirley, Shirley hasn't got a maternal bone in her body where Sharon seems to really love Denny. Thats something else that they could explore with those two characters.
    Forum Member
    i doubt sharon would care about shirley especially if shirley isnt nice to her she'd only be nice to her for phils sake

Sharon is a caring person actually.
    Forum Member
    Sharon is a caring person actually.

yeah but not to someone who can be mean. she wasnt nice to zoe. was she nice to kathy ?
    Forum Member
    yeah but not to someone who can be mean. she wasnt nice to zoe. was she nice to kathy ?

I'm not getting into the whole Zoe/Sharon debate again, I did that a lot the other day.

Actually I don't remember how Kathy and Sharon interacted with each other.
    Forum Member
    I'm not getting into the whole Zoe/Sharon debate again, I did that a lot the other day.

i wasnt asking you to i was just giving an example. if sharon wanted phil i doubt she would be nice to shirley

would be interesting to know if they got on but i think kathy was generally nicer than shirley ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They were friends before the sharongate saga.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I would think that Sharon is going to feel very sorry for what Shirley has lived through and be kind to her even if Shirley is snappy. She would also find out in time just how good she's been for him.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    Sharon.

I agree