Channel 4 - Skint

1353637383941»

Comments

• MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    so they're no longer getting benefits?

Some people around the area are saying he got payed for his role in the series.... which he would have to declare to the jc. I don't know if its true but it would be strange to do a series like that and let the world see your life without any incentive.
    Perhaps they may offer him a job :p
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moboloco wrote: »
    Some people around the area are saying he got payed for his role in the series.... which he would have to declare to the jc. I don't know if its true but it would be strange to do a series like that and let the world see your life without any incentive.

I think that is how they could afford the TV.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps they got payment in kind rather than money, they wouldn't need to declare that I suppose.
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't think they would have bought it from Brighthouse if that were the case
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Don't think they would have bought it from Brighthouse if that were the case

But to keep up the illusion that they didn't have any extra money they would have bought it from Brighthouse while using the extra money for **** and booze.
  • LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarza wrote: »
    Finally someone who speaks sense!
    Yes I'm helping fund all state benefits just like any other tax payer. So I'm helping him and millions of others buy things they want which is not always the same as things they need. Over recent decades the benefits system as got totally screwed up. It should be a safety net so that people do not have to starve or live on the street. The whole system needs dropping and redrawing from scratch. The continued tinkering with it over the last 50 ish years as just made it unworkable and unaffordable to those that are paying for it.
  • LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northcroft wrote: »
    They can use this one if they like:

"Your scummy paper is a desperate propaganda piece for this disgusting government. Founded by Nazis and owned by them, and mostly read by them"
    Unfair to tar the Daily Mail as a propaganda machine for the government. It is regularly attacking them. If you had said the DM was a propaganda machine for would be despots, fascists & other extreme right wingers & groups I might have been able to accept that.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    annielou wrote: »
    Dean's televsion is being paid for out of benefits .......

The taxpayer is paying for his benefits .........

Therefore the taxpayer is paying for Dean's television.

Shame he is to thick to understand that.

They say they have no money yet have a window cleaner :confused:
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well just been into town this afternoon & saw Tracey the shoplifter/prostitute in town as well, 3 teenaged lads also recognised her & decided to approach her for a autograph & photo, the looks on their faces afterwards I get the impression she wasn't so obliging.
    Maybe if they'd have offered her £10 for a blow job they might have had more luck;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new episode (or series) next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new episode (or series) next week.

My dad is on it ! Lol.

He is the old guy talking about brothels on the docks !

For the record though, he is not skint, he is not a sponge and he is not ragging on the people of Grimsby. He has fond memories of being in the merchant navy, and simply expresses those views.

Every penny he has is his, he has earned it all. Its why we all laughed (in our family) that he is on a program called skint ! he has more money than all of us put together !
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    repeat on air.
  • davehunter5davehunter5 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    They are the scum of this earth, I am paying for most of these people
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    bump.

How nice of him to have a naked swim, and other other one to finger a woman on the bank side.

Its like an episode of Shameless.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed that bit :(
  • Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our country has become a bit of a messed up place when you look at these programs, the chavs that can't be bothered to work seem to get away it, why the hell that knife attack guy needs to be on disability benefits when he seems perfectly fine is beyond me plus when will idiots learn that having ridiculous tattoos on your face is going to keep you on the dole! Especially crosses that make you look like a racist skinhead from the 1980's!

The housing in the country seems to be being utilised by immigrants living in large numbers per house and being exploited by landlords whilst plenty of Brits live on the streets (that's not to say immigrants don't too).

We have the people who are trying to get out and work but getting put on zero hour contracts, denied enough work to live on and being advised to go back on the dole!

There's too many people in this country nowadays that need sustaining and it's all fialing miserably!
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Somebody else who can see the real problems and he's just a kid.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola looked like Kacey from Waterloo Road :D
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    They are the scum of this earth, I am paying for most of these people
    Don't exaggerate ................ just thank God you have not yet found yourself in that situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    Don't exaggerate ................ just thank God you have not yet found yourself in that situation.

Granted there's definitely a lot of wastes of space out there but right now the jobs market is diabolical and I do feel sorry for those that are trapped on the dole, not because they want to be but because a 16 hours a week job or a zero hour job or a job that is for only a few months is not feasible for these people to sign off and suddenly pay for their own roof over their heads!
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Granted there's definitely a lot of wastes of space out there but right now the jobs market is diabolical and I do feel sorry for those that are trapped on the dole, not because they want to be but because a 16 hours a week job or a zero hour job or a job that is for only a few months is not feasible for these people to sign off and suddenly pay for their own roof over their heads!
    I was married bought my own house in London by the time I was 23. My heart bleeds for the kids of today .............. no dreams no hope no future. Greedy corrupt politicians have done this to our Country and they have the gall to stand before the people and proclaim what a success they have made of it. In 20 years time or less if you don't work in Financial Services you will either be unemployed or working on a zero hours contract for the minimum wage. That's the future and it includes a lot of those people who may currently refer to the youngsters on "Skint" as "scum of the earth".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    I was married bought my own house in London by the time I was 23. My heart bleeds for the kids of today .............. no dreams no hope no future. Greedy corrupt politicians have done this to our Country and they have the gall to stand before the people and proclaim what a success they have made of it. In 20 years time or less if you don't work in Financial Services you will either be unemployed or working on a zero hours contract for the minimum wage. That's the future and it includes a lot of those people who may currently refer to the youngsters on "Skint" as "scum of the earth".

I was 18 when I got my first mortgage and my house was £21k, that same property is probably at least £121k and that was only 17 years ago! Had houses been that price when I was 18 I doubt I would have been on the property ladder for a very long time!

Another thing that gets me is this obsession that most prospective employers have for degrees! I have seen far too many HSE jobs advertised like that and I have a raft of relevant qualifications and experience but no degree because i'm 35 and HSE careers weren't known about when I was at school, there wasn't talk of going to uni to do HSE degrees, the people with uni degrees in HSE are recent graduates who have no practical experience so neither parties can win! Degrees are an unfair ask because they are expensive and time consuming to get which makes them inaccessible to many people especially those already working for a living and trying to develop a career!