The weird theories and fixations of EE fans on DS

Comments

• IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick being Shirley's son seems quite a tame theory compared to what we've seen in the year or so since this thread started. Bobby killed Lucy and Kathy's back. People on here need to step up their game now!

I believed that Derek might have raped Tanya too. I can't even remember the context of that theory now. Wasn't Derek's secret just that he knew about Max and Kirsty?

I hope we are blessed with this year's bubblys in the fridge/vaguely racist oven gloves meme soon. You could make an argument that "How's Adam?" is it.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the new fixation is Who Is Sharon's father? Everyone has been accused from Nick Cotton to Roly (ok I made Roly up but some of the suggestions have been ridiculous).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The constant lack of EE or Eastenders in the title of threads (not this one) showing the weird fixation that this is an EE site or that everyone watches it.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What disturbs me is that we get threads from several months ago speculating that Dean & Mick should have the same biological father -then- hey presto- months later it's an actual plot on the show.

Then we have various threads speculating on how kathy can return- lo and behold- kathy returns on the 30th anniversary ep.

Hmmmmm
    :o:o
  • superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I think it's time we had a non-EE obsession to balance things out :p...

I never understood the Brendan Brady/Emmet J Scanlan fixation on this forum. Don't get me wrong, good character and good actor (by soap standards), but nothing really special that justified all the constant praise. Some people acted like he was the third coming of Dirty Den with the acting talents of Al Pacino :D.

*Gets my coat*

By soap standards, he was good but by Hollyoaks standards he was amazing. Compared to the other soaps, Hollyoaks doesn't have many characters that you can call legendary. The amount of great characters it has produced you can probably count on one hand so when a character like Brendan comes along, people go crazy over them.

This thread is hilarious, Can't believe how many people said 'Micks not Shirleys son' and 'Kathy's not coming back' including myself lol
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Characters being hyped to ridiculous levels in absentia - Sean, Ryan (he was a complete mediocre dullard), Dean, Chrissie, Kathy etc.
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    What disturbs me is that we get threads from several months ago speculating that Dean & Mick should have the same biological father -then- hey presto- months later it's an actual plot on the show.

Then we have various threads speculating on how kathy can return- lo and behold- kathy returns on the 30th anniversary ep.

Hmmmmm
    :o:o

That's a good sign for anyone complaining about the alleged "Carter overload" then. :kitty:
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    - The Cora obsession
    - The Carters obsession
    - Wanting to bring back random character that have no relation to the Square any more, or were rubbish characters to begin with
    - Cora/Sharon being everyone's mother
    - Baby theories
    - "Matriarch" obsession
    - People thinking that characters like Alfie, Ronnie and Kim killed Lucy.
    - The obsession with Danny Pennant
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Cora obsession? valsav is the only poster who frequently posts threads about Cora. Most of DS seemingly couldn't care less.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By soap standards, he was good but by Hollyoaks standards he was amazing. Compared to the other soaps, Hollyoaks doesn't have many characters that you can call legendary. The amount of great characters it has produced you can probably count on one hand so when a character like Brendan comes along, people go crazy over them.

This thread is hilarious, Can't believe how many people said 'Micks not Shirleys son' and 'Kathy's not coming back' including myself lol

Lol, I see. Fair enough. I can see your point. You have managed to rationalise the popularity of Brendan to me that makes a lot of sense.
    I'm glad you didn't resort to the old "Shut up, Brendan is a great character" and listed all the great things about Brendan to force me to change my opinion like some posters :D.

Lol, well to be fair, none of us thought the producers would go there again after Den's resurrection and Zoe/Kat. And really Shirley and Mick seemed like one of those silly fan theories the producers would never entertain, but with Shirley being DTC's pet project I guess it was always going to happen :p. DTC is a man on a mission to repeat the show's "greatest hits" as he calls it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I don't think there is any doubt in anybody's mind that killing Kathy off was a huge mistake but the fact is it was made and can't be unmade - these threads about bringing her back are just daft.

Not as daft as it may seem apparently
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Characters being hyped to ridiculous levels in absentia - Sean, Ryan (he was a complete mediocre dullard), Dean, Chrissie, Kathy etc.

Agree. Shabnam was another one who was equally hyped up before her return last year.

While I'm looking forward to seeing Kathy back, she really wasn't this amazing character that some seem to think she was. I'd much rather have Pat back (impossible as it is).
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    Sharon's dad must be Kathy's husband

Sean must be Kat's son

Stacey's key

Across ALL the soaps fixations that annoy me are:

The obssession with rape, in particular male rape.

Woman appears with a less than 100% flat stomach cue the "Is so and so pregnant" threads.
    Forum Member
    Time to add a new one:

Mick is lying about being the baby's father
    Forum Member
    Scouring the internet to find real life examples of DTC's farcical plot twists, in order to justify them.
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    The strange notion that J-B isn't the funniest member on here.

That's another one that's actually true you're not the funniest :o:o
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    Scouring the internet to find real life examples of DTC's farcical plot twists, in order to justify them.

Theres nothing wrong with backing up your point in a debate by providing evidence.

I have to say I find this thread to be very bitchy and it's resurrected so you can make digs whenever you like. That's just petty.

I love the EE crowd on here as it's made up of very rich personalities. :)
  • Hanna_YasminHanna_Yasmin Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Derek raped Michael

I always believed this to be true, although it remains unconfirmed.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    The 'matriarch' obsession is one I would agree with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Characters being "ruined forever" is the new forum favourite.

"Sharon said a mean thing about Max, she's been ruined FOREVER"

"Phil bribed the jury. He's been ruined FOREVER"

A couple of bad actions does not ruin 20+ years of solid characterisation. Ian has done plenty of despicable things in the past, and he's still standing after more than 30 years. In a year's time no one will care about these minor plot points.
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »

A couple of bad actions does not ruin 20+ years of solid characterisation. Ian has done plenty of despicable things in the past, and he's still standing after more than 30 years. In a year's time no one will care about these minor plot points.

Couldn't agree more that really peeves me off, Ian and Sharon certainly not ruined and really neither are the others. Great post bass :):)
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True, Its not nice to see but I think we were saying the same about Max and Kat last year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    True, Its not nice to see but I think we were saying the same about Max and Kat last year!

Well indeed. Max was willing to condemn his own niece to years in prison in order to get Stacey off the hook. But suddenly the forum is gushing sympathy for "poor innocent Max". Just shows how people have short (or selective) memories.
  • Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think EastEnders will outlast the Solar System?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This may well turn out to be true, but I think it's fitting that the forum has immediately jumped to the conclusion that Gavin raped Phil