Help with a parking ticket money demand

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
HELP!

Today I received a letter from parking enforcing company informing me that I owe £100 for parking fine for parking on private land and that the time of a reduced £60 now over, the problem is I'm not going to dispute the fact I was parked in this car park on the stated date and time but I never had any notice put on my windscreen. What do I do ? I guess they would of taken a picture of the car .

Comments

• Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Follow their appeals process
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd throw it in the bin, personally. If it's not Council or Police issued then eff 'em, that's my philosophy
  • chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd do a search on DS as there seems to be loads of new threads on here about this over the last few days/weeks.

The latest advice on here is not to 'bin' or just ignore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I'd throw it in the bin, personally. If it's not Council or Police issued then eff 'em, that's my philosophy

your philosophy may end you up with the ball ache of being served with a claim in the county court.
  • dmpdmp Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may be able to prove it's your car, but surly they have to prove who the driver was to enforce the bill.
    Dave
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmp wrote: »
    They may be able to prove it's your car, but surly they have to prove who the driver was to enforce the bill.

not any more they don't.
    hence why some have now started taking to court.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave

Protection of Freedoms Act has moved the goal posts I'm afraid
  • satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was driving it and there are signs in the car park I admit I parked there but no ticket on screen I guess some kids have ripped it off or the weather took it
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Private companies cannot issue 'fines' and it wouldn't be enforceable in court.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    and it wouldn't be enforceable in court.

except certain companies have taken it to court and some have won.
  • dmpdmp Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that information, I didn't realise the law had been changed, even the police had to prove who the driver was or is for an offence where they only have the reg no.
    Dave
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that information, I didn't realise the law had been changed, even the police had to prove who the driver was or is for an offence where they only have the reg no.
    Dave

It doesn't specifically make the 'offence' enforceable - simply that the registered keeper can be liable to the same extent as the driver would be (which with a proper appeal is to sum of £0).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A
    satman17 wrote: »
    Well I was driving it and there are signs in the car park I admit I parked there but no ticket on screen I guess some kids have ripped it off or the weather took it

you stuck it to the outside of the windscreen? That's odd!

Look, if you didn't pay say so, you don't need to justify it. I used to regularly not pay before the change in the rules and even today, if i don't have the right change i don't bother. I just know how to play the game.

at the end of the day, them demanding £100 in losses bears no correlation to their actual loss. They're still peeing into the wind if you play the game correctly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave

the police will always prosecute the driver but there is a separate offence if the registered keeper fails to identify the driver. Its a whole different set of 'criminal' rules.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people not use the search function. Here is a single post that tells you what to do. Do not ignore it.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=66950509&postcount=8