transferring music from mac iTunes to android phone

ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
Forum Member
I've used android file transfer via usb but it's messy and I find it tricky.
Is there any other way to do it, just drop and drag?
I also can't work out how to organise music on my phone once it's there (nexus phone, but soon to change). I display the android file transfer on the desktop but find trying to sort it out difficult. (Probably just thick :p my excuse is age).

Comments

• scgfscgf Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    The best way is not to transfer at all but to to use Google Play Music. You install a free app on your Mac/PC and tell it whether you use iTunes or just a folder and it will match all your music with music it already has in the cloud. Anything it doesn't have it will upload. You are allowed 20,000 songs for free. The little app keeps working in the background so your music repository in the cloud is always up to date.

You use the Google music app on your Android device to play your music wherever you are as long as you have a network connection. It will let you cache locally any music you need to access where there is no network, like on a plane.

It's great to have access to your whole music library wherever you are.

There are apps available for iOS and Windows Phone too, and you can also access your music through a web browser.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you need all your playlists and artwork etc synced I use an app on my phone called SyncR (its on the Play Store, but you also have to install it onto your computer).

This app syncs directly with your iTunes and even wirelessly if you would like.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    thanks, both sound easier. cheers