Supernatural the Musical

Well not quite, but it has been announced that the 200th Episode of Supernatural will be a musical based one. If it is anything like Buffy "Once more with feeling", it will be cheesy or it will be hilarious like when Jensen Ackles done "Eye of the tiger"

http://uk.eonline.com/news/561209/supernatural-is-doing-a-musical-ish-episode?cmpid=sn-111021-facebook-na-eonline

Thoughts ?

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Jesus.

F**king.

Christ.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awful show that should have ended after season 5.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't sound like the best of ideas.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Xena did the first musical episodes and they were great, but then Lucy Lawless can sing so that's why it worked so well.

Regards

Mark
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only a matter of time, unfortunately. Disappointed in them, with maybe two exceptions (Buffy/Xena) I loathe musical episodes and spend my time either cringing through them or just switching off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate TV musicals. :(
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    The musical episode of Sanctuary was rather good though, so you never know sometimes it works.
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. I cannot see this working. The only musical episode I liked of a TV show was Grey's Anatomy (Song Beneath the Song) - although I've since stopped watching GA. I don't even really watch Supernatural anymore, but catch it occasionally when my OH watches it. I really don't think this will work, IMO it'll be a laughing stock.

Saying that, I did enjoy Jensen Ackles doing Eye of the Tiger. ^_^
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    The musical episode of Sanctuary was rather good though, so you never know sometimes it works.

I couldn't even manage five minutes of that one and my sister, who adores Sanctuary, said she cringed the whole way through.
  • Anne-Marie_RoweAnne-Marie_Rowe Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it! :)
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's described as a meta episode and they always come up with the goods on those - French Mistake, Hunteri Heroicii and the like - so it may not be dreadful. A singing Crowley would be comedy gold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    i hope thats wrong. the talking dog one was the worst and the comic book ones, this would be terrible