Morrissey - not AGAIN!

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    I suspect Morrissey has some sort of mental issue.
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey lighten up everyone (this includes the press). I don't think he meant they should be literally 'flogged'. People often exaggerate for effect, as evidenced by some DS threads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect Morrissey has some sort of mental issue.

Doubt it, he has an opinion, whether you argree with him or not.......
  • LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    im sure mr beckham is wondering who the talentless never-been is?

shame on the uk media for even reporting what the bitter fool is gibbering.

Yeah because being a semi-educated footballer married to a pop star talent-vacuum gives Beckham the right to look down his nose at one of the greatest and most original lead singer/songwriters in one of the greatest bands in rock history.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    He's a bit behind the curve in his celeb-bashing. David and Victoria Beckham are rather 2010 - Kerry Katona and the TOWIE lot are probably the scapegoats of choice these days.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »

Yes, he has an opinion, but his UK bashing is irrelevant and hypocritical as he doesn't even live here.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    soundstory wrote: »

So?

Having an opinion doesn't mean that the opinion isn't moronic.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the UKIP comments he's bang on the money.

Aside from his point about UKIP [applauding 'the lavish expense of the Royal Wedding at a time when working-class England were told to cut-back, shut-up and get stuffed' I thought he made some good points about celebrity culture.

It is painfully obvious that he has to sell records and he only indulges the press to poke fun at the media while raising his profile but by heck there are a lot of people of similar opinions.

Before anyone attacks me I do happen to be very fond of David Beckham (especially in view of his sporting career) but see no reason to deify him :o:p
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2013 enlightenment can’t be applied to dark and dim nights of 1972, otherwise every singer who ever slept with a 14-year-old would suddenly be behind bars – and that would take a lot of bars.

Very true.

it was plain daft of him to applaud the lavish expense of the Royal Wedding at a time when working-class England were told to cut-back, shut-up and get stuffed.

Also very true.

If I kicked a dog I’d be fined £200, yet we’re asked to accept Cameron shooting down a majestic stag just for a hoot. Weird world, isn’t it?

That's another fair point, and I'm not even a vegetarian.

But why would he be voting for UKIP (or anyone else) when he doesn't live here anymore? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    In all honestly The Smiths and Morrissey are great at music, total and utter geniuses.

I think you mean "were" (past tense).

The Smiths haven't made an album since 1987.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a bit of a headcase. Best ignored, methinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's not exactly fair. The Smiths are widely acknowledged as probably the most influential British band of the '80s.

I'm sure the music Morrissey made with The Smiths will still be admired and listened to long after David Beckham (a good footballer but not a truly great one) has been forgotten.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this loser do anything other than bitch and moan? Even if he's trolling a bit does he not realise what a pathetic parody of himself he's become?
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got the voice of a goose farting in a tunnel and is as politically educated as a 3 year old child.The man is irrelevant and has been for 20 odd years.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ic wrote: »
    He's got the voice of a goose farting in a tunnel and is as politically educated as a 3 year old child.The man is irrelevant and has been for 20 odd years.

Post of the day! :D
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »

Yes, and , speaking personally, aside from one or two exceptions, most of Morrissey's solo stuff since has been pretty average.

And he's a pain in the backside...
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Morrissey and I wish him well!

He has achived stardom and maybe that is what gripes his jealous critics in the media and elsewhere! :rolleyes:
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it we complain about those who are simply famous for making a video of themselves having sex but we are also going to complain about those who have worked most of their adult lives? At least Victoria and David actually do something and are famous for something real. Her fashion business is real, people actually wear her clothes.

Their kids also have the reputation for being some of the best behaved in Hollywood. So why are we so down on a couple who work, have nice kids and are still married after 13 years.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

shame on the uk media for even reporting what the bitter fool is gibbering.

"talentless never-been"? Let's leave Mrs Beckham out of this.
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrissey has been an artistic irrelevance since 1988.

He's not even funny anymore.

He himself has 'dumbed down' his own persona from a formerly amusing, occasionally insightful artist into a sad self-parody, who gets by on creating these little 'controversies' because the music isn't up to snuff anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    The guy is a total tit. He's getting incredibly boring now with his attention seeking rants. Pipe down Morrissey!
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ic wrote: »

BIB - Brilliant description of Becks there :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Beatles haven't made an album since 1970, doesn't mean they weren't a great band.

The Smiths were one of the most influential bands of their generation, Morrissey and Johnny Marr wrote some amazing music.

Posh just pouted, pointed and mimed her way through her 'pop career'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beatles haven't made an album since 1970, doesn't mean they weren't a great band.

The Smiths were one of the most influential bands of their generation, Morrissey and Johnny Marr wrote some amazing music.

Posh just pouted, pointed and mimed her way through her 'pop career'.

Excuse me, please refer to earlier in the thread where I stated the Smiths are widely acknowledged as the most influential band of the '80s and that is why people dismissing Morrissey as a no-talent on this thread are not being fair. I also stated that I believe Morrissey's work with the Smiths will be remembered long after David Beckham's contribution to anything has been forgotten.

I merely corrected somebody who was describing the Smiths as something in the present tense, which they clearly are not as they have not made an album since 1987. THAT was my point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me, please refer to earlier in the thread where I stated the Smiths are widely acknowledged as the most influential band of the '80s and that is why people dismissing Morrissey as a no-talent on this thread are not being fair.

I merely corrected somebody who was describing the Smiths as something in the present tense, which they clearly are not as they have not made an album since 1987. THAT was my point.

Didn't read your earlier comment JR ;) Apologies :)