Strange dualshock problem

Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,
I have just bought a pre-owned Killzone 3 and when I got it home I noticed that on the cover it said it was the PlayStation Move version.
So I hopped online and found that others have asked if this can be played using a normal dualshock controller and the answer is yes.

So I’ve inserted the disk, navigated to the game using the dualshock as normal, and pressed the x button.
The game launches but then the none of the buttons on the controller work at all? I’m asked to click start which I do and nothing happens, yet when I hit start on my PS3 remote it works.

Am I missing something here? The controller still works with my Saints Row III and other games but not with this Killzone 3.

Any ideas as to what is happening please?
(I’ve reset the controller and re paired it with the PS3 etc)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Clank007 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have just bought a pre-owned Killzone 3 and when I got it home I noticed that on the cover it said it was the PlayStation Move version.
    So I hopped online and found that others have asked if this can be played using a normal dualshock controller and the answer is yes.

So I’ve inserted the disk, navigated to the game using the dualshock as normal, and pressed the x button.
    The game launches but then the none of the buttons on the controller work at all? I’m asked to click start which I do and nothing happens, yet when I hit start on my PS3 remote it works.

Am I missing something here? The controller still works with my Saints Row III and other games but not with this Killzone 3.

No idea I have over 800 hours in MP, four play throughs on SP and have not touched a DS3 while playing it. 100% Move on it!

Use Move and learn to wipe out the opposition
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clank007 wrote: »
    Hi,

Have you ever used Move with it?

Perhaps try clearing the game data for Killzone 3, it might be set to use Move controls or something.

I'd have thought it would detect no Move and failback though.
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which one is set as controller 1? the move or dualshock?