Back to Camelot: Season 4 - Knights, Camelot, Agravaine!

Comments

• SmintSmint Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One review of Mojo's first night here
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    Gwen's a bit heartless asking Lancelot to look after Arthur, she could have asked any of the knights but she had to rub it in that she chose Arthur over him.
    Razzylew wrote: »
    I don't really remember what this is episode was about, but I agree about Gwen being heartless with Lancelot - she could have asked Merlin, her friend, or Elyan, her brother. But no, she asks the ex instead. Awkward!
    See I don't agree about Gwen being heartless in asking Lancelot to look after Arthur (big surprise :p). She was not asking him to go sacrificing himself, in fact she wasn't even there for the conversation about closing the veil needing a sacrifice was she? So she would have no way of knowing that was a possibility.
    And if anybody did choosing it was Lancelot who chose to leave back in S2, Gwen didn't even know where he was after he ran off. That is what was heartless. :mad: Also we don't know what's happened in the intervening year of S3-4, maybe they have become friends since Lancelot has been back in Camelot. I don't see how her trusting him most is heartless. :confused: Besides I seem to remember people on here complaining when Gwen asked Merlin to take care of Arthur, saying she shouldn't because he's not even a knight. She can't win.
    Smint wrote: »
    One review of Mojo's first night here
    Hmmm, lots of fangirl giggling from the audience, a skinny Colin and singing? Avi won't be impressed. :p
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning All :)

Just popping in to announce that another gripping instalment of the story that makes Homer's 'Illiad' look like the Beano is in the post :D

This chapter is a biggie and explains how Merlin really revealed his magic and bears no resemblance whatsoever to Capps and Murphy's drawn out Misery-Fest of last Christmas...

I only hope nobody is too disappointed about it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just popping in to announce that another gripping instalment of the story that makes Homer's 'Illiad' look like the Beano is in the post :D

This chapter is a biggie and explains how Merlin really revealed his magic and bears no resemblance whatsoever to Capps and Murphy's drawn out Misery-Fest of last Christmas...

Yay!

Some stage door photos of Colin here

Certainly living up to his character's name :eek:

I want to give him a hug and a hot dinner
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm only disappointed that I have no proper internet connection at the moment and may have to wait DAYS to read it. :cry::cry::cry:
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone! (It is disturbingly quiet round here.)
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Hmmm, lots of fangirl giggling from the audience, a skinny Colin and singing? Avi won't be impressed. :p

No she won't! :o Mind you, with the cast that there is, I can imagine there will be an even greater proportion of the audience there to sigh over their boy than there was at the Globe. Even someone like Rupert Grint must have a huge following. I will opt for the middle aged Brendan Coyle! ;)
    Some stage door photos of Colin here

Certainly living up to his character's name :eek:

I want to give him a hug and a hot dinner

Oh dear me. Can someone not persuade him to eat occasionally?
    Natarhi wrote: »
    I'm only disappointed that I have no proper internet connection at the moment and may have to wait DAYS to read it. :cry::cry::cry:

Oh no, have you tripped over the cable and pulled it out? ;)
  • Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Avi8 wrote: »
    Morning everyone! (It is disturbingly quiet round here.)

I reckon everyone has been blown away by the storm, I did wonder if any of my trees would still be standing this morning.

Oh dear me. Can someone not persuade him to eat occasionally?

Good grief, if he stands sideways, you wouldn't be able to see him. Avi, you need to take him home and feed him up a bit! :)

More thoughts on Mojo here
    And I quote......
    Colin Morgan's Skinny had a nervous tic and looked gangling and awkward in his own skin, a performance that will no doubt surprise fans of his Merlin character as will Skinny's plot-line - his final scene is very well done. (He also displayed a fine pair of pins).

BIB - might be needing that "to bring for Karen" list to include smelling salts!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got the chance to post my review

The Wicked Day

Happy Camelot! And chest hair from Arthur!

Love Merlin’s smile when he banters with Arthur

Poor Uther, still looking so sad and helpless. Awww, wanting to be there for Arthur’s birthday

Sir Leon!

Arthur could have dressed up a bit for his birthday

Oh I say – Arthur strapped to something that COULD be the round table

Loving the contrast between Uther and Gwen’s reactions to the knife throwing

Ha! Not the old “sedative in the apple” trick . . .

Oooh, bare-thighed Arthur! Nice legs!

Guards not guarding? In Camelot???

Yay! Uther to the rescue! He’s still got it. Nice shadow swordplay

Nooooo! Uther’s been stabbed. Nooooo!!!! I remember how shocked I was when I first saw this episode

Awww, teary snotty Arthur

Sir Leon! Hair looking good

Ahh, Morgana’s homely hovel. Still doesn’t have a mirror, I see

The candlelit vigil is so moving, especially with the music

Arthur? You suggested magic??? And Merlin thinking that using magic for good would change Arthur’s attitude to it. Well we know how well THAT worked out! So naive and hopeful Merlin . . . yet you’re the one who screwed it up

“I think that a lot of sorcerers are in the charcoal business” – Ha! The look on Arthur’s face

Yes, Merlin, you hang on to Avi

Arthur doesn’t want to go and watch Merlin pee? Really?

Ha! Emrys getting Arthur to clear up the broken pot. Looks like Colin is having a ball playing Emrys

“When I am king, things will be different”. But they won’t, will they, MERLIN???

I do love cussed old Emrys.

Morgy’s getting pretty good at this evil magic business

Oh look, Gaius has found the right book immediately

Oh, is Merlin in the tavern again?

Emrys making Arthur give him a piggy back “Did you just kick me?” – always makes me smile

Noooo! Uther! Noooooo!!!!! Poor Arthur

When Merlin goes to apologise to Arthur, you can almost see Arthur transform from a prince to a king

Merlin: “This is all my fault”. “I’ve turned Arthur against it forever.” Oh yes!

Gaius: “That time will come, I’m sure of it”. Oh yes . . . about half an hour before Arthur snuffs it

Seeing Arthur saying his goodbyes to Uther was really emotional. “You’re a loyal friend, Merlin” . . . yes, one who killed your father and then ultimately is responsible for your death, Arthur. Yes, that’s loyal . . .

Sir Leon!

I have mixed feelings about this episode because it’s not one I wanted to see (the death of Uther, Arthur rejecting magic, not enough knights . . . ), but it was very well done and very emotional
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lem_1 wrote: »
    I reckon everyone has been blown away by the storm, I did wonder if any of my trees would still be standing this morning.

Oo hang on to your hats folks. Though there is nothing all that remarkable about the weather this side of the country. :rolleyes:

Good grief, if he stands sideways, you wouldn't be able to see him. Avi, you need to take him home and feed him up a bit! :)

Willingly! Though I have the feeling Colin would be a bit of a fussy guest to please and I really hate that sort of person. :o
    More thoughts on Mojo here
    And I quote......
    Colin Morgan's Skinny had a nervous tic and looked gangling and awkward in his own skin, a performance that will no doubt surprise fans of his Merlin character as will Skinny's plot-line - his final scene is very well done. (He also displayed a fine pair of pins).

BIB - might be needing that "to bring for Karen" list to include smelling salts!

Is that review by the same person who did the earlier one? Well, it doesn't sound bad, but I don't like the sound of the over enthusiastic laughter overshadowing the darker moments. I hope the girls can get a grip on themselves by the time we go.
    Finally got the chance to post my review

The Wicked Day

Nooooo! Uther’s been stabbed. Nooooo!!!! I remember how shocked I was when I first saw this episode

Awww, teary snotty Arthur

I love that scene with Arthur holding Uther on the floor. Bravo Bradley James!

Arthur? You suggested magic??? And Merlin thinking that using magic for good would change Arthur’s attitude to it. Well we know how well THAT worked out! So naive and hopeful Merlin . . . yet you’re the one who screwed it up

How did Merlin screw it up? Or do you mean in a later episode?
    “I think that a lot of sorcerers are in the charcoal business” – Ha! The look on Arthur’s face

Yes, Merlin, you hang on to Avi

;)

You missed out my favourite line, when Arthur says 'Scream like a girl' and Merlin replies 'Don't worry, you'll hear me.' I don't know why that bit tickles me so much. Maybe it is the fact that Arthur is trying to belittle Merlin and Merlin is happy to be belittled in Arthur's eyes but we all know full well that Merlin has no reason to be afraid of anything? I don't know for certain, it just really really tickles me, that bit.

Ha! Emrys getting Arthur to clear up the broken pot. Looks like Colin is having a ball playing Emrys

Yes indeed. I wasn't sure about Emrys when he first appeared in S3, but this was the moment when I finally 'got' him, and I loved him from here on in. I love the way Merlin - dear sweet long-suffering-at-the-hands-of-Arthur-and-Uther-(and Morgana for that matter) is suddenly free to say what he wants to them and be as crotchety and bad tempered as they are.
    “When I am king, things will be different”. But they won’t, will they, MERLIN???

Not Merlin's fault!
    Merlin: “This is all my fault”. “I’ve turned Arthur against it forever.” Oh yes!

NOOOOOO!
    Gaius: “That time will come, I’m sure of it”. Oh yes . . . about half an hour before Arthur snuffs it

LOL. Too true. :D

Idiot writers. :mad:
    Seeing Arthur saying his goodbyes to Uther was really emotional. “You’re a loyal friend, Merlin” . . . yes, one who killed your father and then ultimately is responsible for your death, Arthur. Yes, that’s loyal . . .

But you must realise that Merlin was trying to save Uther? So how is it disloyal of him that he inadvertently killed Uther instead? I don't quite understand why you are so against Merlin at this point. :confused:

I have mixed feelings about this episode because it’s not one I wanted to see (the death of Uther, Arthur rejecting magic, not enough knights . . . ), but it was very well done and very emotional

I said it last week, but I'll say it again: it is my favourite episode. I used to think that accolade went to S2 E8 but that had too much of Morgause in it. This, on the other hand, is just perfect. If I could only have one episode of Merlin, it would be this one, hands down, every single time. How about you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Merlin screw it up? Or do you mean in a later episode?

In the "Magic has no place in Camelot" episode. All these promises . . . none of them delivered . . . *sigh*
    But you must realise that Merlin was trying to save Uther? So how is it disloyal of him that he inadvertently killed Uther instead? I don't quite understand why you are so against Merlin at this point. :confused:

I know he was trying to help, but he just (inadvertently) made things worse and Uther died :cry:

I said it last week, but I'll say it again: it is my favourite episode. I used to think that accolade went to S2 E8 but that had too much of Morgause in it. This, on the other hand, is just perfect. If I could only have one episode of Merlin, it would be this one, hands down, every single time. How about you?

It's a great episode in terms of acting, but I didn't want Uther to die . . . not like that, and not when he'd so successfully protected Arthur and looked like he was recovering . . . it upsets me every time I see it, so it can't be my favourite

As for mine, gosh, tough . . . I love the Series 3 finale, the Series 4 opening and finale, and the Series 5 opening episodes. As for any singletons, A Servant of Two Masters or The Sins of the Father are stand out ones for me

And then, of course, there's Gwaine . . . ;)
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not Merlin's fault!

It's ALWAYS Merlin's fault :mad::p

Hmm a tough one.

I really like The moment of truth (is it?) Series one. The once and future Queen and I also like the last episodes to series 3 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the "Magic has no place in Camelot" episode. All these promises . . . none of them delivered . . . *sigh*

Ah right, ok, that makes sense (though I alone seem to forgive Merlin for saying that as I believe he felt he had no choice...)
    It's a great episode in terms of acting, but I didn't want Uther to die . . . not like that, and not when he'd so successfully protected Arthur and looked like he was recovering . . . it upsets me every time I see it, so it can't be my favourite

Yes, it's not that I didn't like Uther - I thought he was a great character - but I suppose I didn't care enough about his passing for it to stop the episode being my favourite. After all, it was only when Uther died that Arthur could truly become king (though I do remember thinking at the beginning of S4 that it was quite clever the way they had Arthur doing the kingly stuff without killing Uther off, and I do think that state of affairs could have carried on a bit longer.)
    As for mine, gosh, tough . . . I love the Series 3 finale, the Series 4 opening and finale, and the Series 5 opening episodes. As for any singletons, A Servant of Two Masters or The Sins of the Father are stand out ones for me

And then, of course, there's Gwaine . . . ;)
    star89 wrote: »
    I really like The moment of truth (is it?) Series one. The once and future Queen and I also like the last episodes to series 3 :D

All good episodes. But I am going to push you. Each episode is on one disc and the tide is coming in. Which one are you going to save? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All good episodes. But I am going to push you. Each episode is on one disc and the tide is coming in. Which one are you going to save? :D

Well logically Avi, I can carry more than one disc so I could save more than one from the tide :rolleyes::p:p

But ok I'll play your game :D

The Once and Future Queen :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well logically Avi, I can carry more than one disc so I could save more than one from the tide :rolleyes::p:p

:D

Not if they are all scattered about the beach, hundreds of yards apart from each other and there is a huge wave coming in that is about to smash all the remaining discs against the rocks and you only have time to run to one disc before you have to leg it up the beach for fear of being swept away by the retreating tide! :D:D
    But ok I'll play your game :D

Phew! It was hard to think of a more desperate scenario which would force you to pick up only one disc!
    The Once and Future Queen :)

That's the one with the picnic which Morgana leads Uther to, isn't it? It's a good choice. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh you're mean!

OK, I think it will have to be . . . The Sword in the Stone Part 2

It's got Tristan and Isolde, the knights, dragons, Excalibur, Morgana and Gwen fighting, Gwen's coronation, old Merlin, and a topless, sweaty Gwaine

I think that pretty much covers it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Not if they are all scattered about the beach, hundreds of yards apart from each other and there is a huge wave coming in that is about to smash all the remaining discs against the rocks and you only have time to run to one disc before you have to leg it up the beach for fear of being swept away by the retreating tide! :D:D

But how would I know which one was the one I wanted. In a panicked situation such as that I could end up grabbing 2x03 :eek: Or worse 2x12 :eek::eek::mad:
    That's the one with the picnic which Morgana leads Uther to, isn't it? It's a good choice. :)

No that's Queen of Hearts. The Once and Future Queen is the one where Arthur jousts and stays at Gwen's house :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh you're mean!

OK, I think it will have to be . . . The Sword in the Stone Part 2

It's got Tristan and Isolde, the knights, dragons, Excalibur, Morgana and Gwen fighting, Gwen's coronation, old Merlin, and a topless, sweaty Gwaine

I think that pretty much covers it :D

:D I'm surprised you went for that one Smint. I would have thought you'd have gone for 3:13.
    But how would I know which one was the one I wanted. In a panicked situation such as that I could end up grabbing 2x03 :eek: Or worse 2x12 :eek::eek::mad:

LOL. No, you're ok, because fortunately, 2 minutes earlier, you had the foresight to mark the position of your favourite episode with a red flag planted in the sand, just in case anything should happen and you needed to pick it up quickly - wow, how lucky was that?!;)

No that's Queen of Hearts. The Once and Future Queen is the one where Arthur jousts and stays at Gwen's house :D

Urgh! :eek: There go my credentials as a top Merlin geek! Of course it is!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D I'm surprised you went for that one Smint. I would have thought you'd have gone for 3:13.

It was close. VERY close between all of them (although that one would probably tie with Arthur's Bane Part 1) . . . and I'm still trying to convince myself that I wouldn't just go straight for Gwaine (I mean, the Gwaine episode) because of my reaction to it when I first saw it ;)

However, I shall stick with my choice :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. No, you're ok, because fortunately, 2 minutes earlier, you had the foresight to mark the position of your favourite episode with a red flag planted in the sand, just in case anything should happen and you needed to pick it up quickly - wow, how lucky was that?!;)

God that was lucky :eek::p

Although I am wondering why all my Merlin discs are A on the beach and B all on separate discs :confused:
    Urgh! :eek: There go my credentials as a top Merlin geek! Of course it is!

Tut :rolleyes: It's just not good enough Avi. If you want to claim to be a top Merlin geek then you have to perform like one ;):D
  • Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member

Really can't say as I've not seen more than a couple episodes more than once - you lot are total experts in comparison.

Have seen another Mojo review here

Sounds like some bits of this play will be more INTERESTING than The Tempest!
    There’s some scenes in the play that will get the fangirls going - Colin Morgan in white underpants, tied to a jukebox, being bullied by Ben Whishaw is one that will stay with you. I won’t spoil the scene, but suffice to say they get up close and personal.

Stage directions are - Upstairs at the Atlantic. SKINNY is tied with his hands around the back of a juke box, his pants round his ankles. BABY, naked from the waist up, wild, is wielding an old navy cutlass and screaming at SKINNY that he is going to die. The others are all appealing to BABY to stop, but BABY swings the cutlass around pointing it at each of the them in turn. SWEETS gets up on the desk, still shouting as BABY pushes the point against SKINNY's cheek.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I am wondering why all my Merlin discs are A on the beach and B all on separate discs :confused:

If you waste time asking such questions you will miss your opportunity to grab 2:02 and will end up with 2:03 instead. which coincidentally happens to be lying nearest to it. :p
    Really can't say as I've not seen more than a couple episodes more than once - you lot are total experts in comparison.

Mmm, I've never been an expert before, I like it. And it sounds much better than 'sad geek' or obsessive fangirl'.
    Have seen another Mojo review here

Sounds like some bits of this play will be more INTERESTING than The Tempest!
    There’s some scenes in the play that will get the fangirls going - Colin Morgan in white underpants, tied to a jukebox, being bullied by Ben Whishaw is one that will stay with you. I won’t spoil the scene, but suffice to say they get up close and personal.

Stage directions are - Upstairs at the Atlantic. SKINNY is tied with his hands around the back of a juke box, his pants round his ankles. BABY, naked from the waist up, wild, is wielding an old navy cutlass and screaming at SKINNY that he is going to die. The others are all appealing to BABY to stop, but BABY swings the cutlass around pointing it at each of the them in turn. SWEETS gets up on the desk, still shouting as BABY pushes the point against SKINNY's cheek.

There won't be any need for fanfic will there? It sounds like it is already written.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you waste time asking such questions you will miss your opportunity to grab 2:02 and will end up with 2:03 instead. which coincidentally happens to be lying nearest to it. :p

Never :mad: I'd stomp on 2x03 just for good measure before it's swept out to sea ;):D
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have to agree with Avi. I fail to see how Uther's death could even remotely be pinned on Merlin, it's absolutely and utterly down to Morgana and Agravaine's scheming.
    I also, while not wishing to see the end of Tony Head, thought it was about time they offed Uther. It would have been a bit of a cop out having Arthur "ruling" because Uther was completely insane for any long period of time as he couldn't feel completely free of his father's wishes and beliefs.
    Sadly, TPTB never bloody moved Arthur's wishes and beliefs on either! :mad:
  • myselfandimyselfandi Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    If I could only have one episode of Merlin, it would be this one, hands down, every single time. How about you?

I've got a list which in chronological order would be:

Moment of Truth
    Labyrinth of Gedref
    The Witchfinder
    Sins of the Father
    Fires of Idirsholas
    The Wicked Day
    Servant of Two Masters
    Herald of a New Age

:D - why yes, I have a weakness for the epic and the dramatic.
    But I am going to push you. Each episode is on one disc and the tide is coming in. Which one are you going to save? :D

Only one?! Uuuh, then I would save Diamond of the Day, part 2. There are myriad flaws to the final episode, but imo, friendship and acceptance has never been better depicted than what occurred between Arthur and Merlin.
    Have seen another Mojo review

Speaking of Mojo, are y'all planning on going to the stage door? Someone tweeted Mon. night that she waited 3 hours in the bitter cold of London in order to see Colin. :eek: I'm not sure I'd wait for 3 hours even in the bitter cold of San Diego.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myselfandi wrote: »
    I've got a list which in chronological order would be:

Moment of Truth
    Labyrinth of Gedref
    The Witchfinder
    Sins of the Father
    Fires of Idirsholas
    The Wicked Day
    Servant of Two Masters
    Herald of a New Age

:D - why yes, I have a weakness for the epic and the dramatic.

Really good list myselfandi. I personally don't like Fires of Idirsholas much, but otherwise, those are all favourite episodes of mine too. Yes, I much prefer drama to, say comedy, too.

Only one?! Uuuh, then I would save Diamond of the Day, part 2. There are myriad flaws to the final episode, but imo, friendship and acceptance has never been better depicted than what occurred between Arthur and Merlin.

Controversial choice. If it wasn't for the last 5 minutes...

Speaking of Mojo, are y'all planning on going to the stage door? Someone tweeted Mon. night that she waited 3 hours in the bitter cold of London in order to see Colin. :eek: I'm not sure I'd wait for 3 hours even in the bitter cold of San Diego.:o

Whoever said she waited in the bitter cold of London must be from San Diego! It isn't that cold here at the moment. Well, I am one of the ones going, but I am not aware of any plans to go to the stage door as yet. I would if others wanted to, but not for 3 hours because I would rather be sitting somewhere comfortable eating and drinking! Lem is the person to talk to about waiting in the bitter cold for hours. She has a track record. ;)