Options

So Timelords can not only change their gender, but sexuality as well.

2»

Comments

• Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talma wrote: »
    Wasn't it (presumably) Susan's grandmother, Elizabeth 1, Marilyn Monroe and River?

Presumably - but I was replying to the post was about romance between two Time Lords.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Not that big of a deal. An iguana is not sentient or capable of consent. A Silurian is an intelligent being; possibly mentally superior to us humans.

Some people are more attracted to a person's mind than their physical appearance. Consequently, an intelligent, sentient lizard might be more attractive than low-grade human trailer-trash.

Harsh, possibly; but only for those who rate lower than a lizard with greater brain power.

I think you are mistaking a fictional character for a real creature. if they were purely interested in inter species relationships the character would have been male. But then again, that's already been done before.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Well there is Susan's Grandmother and it is implied that his marriage to River was based on a Time Lord ceremony.

Well, they have families, which implies some sort of sexual reproduction. I suppose the scene in Listen with the Doctor's implied parents were the best evidence of a married couple, but even that's sketchy. Their idea of ritual and ceremony are pretty much unknown - even River's wedding seemed to be cobbled together parts of Earth wedding ceremonies, albeit fairly recent ones.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Imagine the outrage if someone admitted having sexual feelings towards their pet Iguana, but a Silurian ... not a problem.

That's like equating humans and apes. The Silurian and the lizard would have both evolved from a common ancestor, but are very different species. One capable of conscious sophiticated thought, one not. And as someone else pointed out, more significantly one is capable of giving consent and one not.

There's no real point to your comparison.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Didn't Clara say that the Doctor had been married four times?

I was trying to work that out. We know about River and Queen Beth and, presumably, he was married to Susan's mother. Do we know about a fourth one?

While I would assume that a Time Lord who changed gender would change their sexual preference I wouldn't say it was necessarily the case and I wouldn't say that the evidence on screen indicates one way or another.

Missy referring to the Doctor as her boyfriend is accurate as he was her friend when they were both boys. You could read that as "boyhood friend".

As for the kiss. I think she was just having fun with the Doctor. Winding him up. I didn't get the impression she wanted to have sex with him!
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Well, The Doctor and Master have always had a bromance haven't they? (Especially towards the end of Tennant's era!)
    Romana obviously fancied Princess Astrid too! ;-)

And Captain Jack.....well, where do I start? :o
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Well, The Doctor and Master have always had a bromance haven't they? (Especially towards the end of Tennant's era!)
    Even in the early days, the Master seemed to be all about impressing the Doctor as an equal, rather than crushing him as a fool. It's nice to see that come back.