Most expensive Limited Edition ever? (MW2)

2»

Comments

• grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Im led to believe they will work, as Rob Bowling stated you can go out at night wearing them and stuff. (Whether he meant, go out at night, wear them and look like a complete fool, remains to be seen)
    Mark my words here now.

If NVG goggles are included with MW2, they will be the fake plastic replicas you can get for the likes of Airsoft / Military re-enactment.

If they are in ANY WAY real, i will take a picture of myself eating my hat with my foot in my mouth.

Quoted you, just in case you tried to edit that post. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    I'm sorry what is the point of NV goggles? Do people think they will be able to sell them on eBay afterwards for £1000 or something? lol

Probably. They don't realise that they are the basic LED toy ones that you can buy for about £90. Amazon.com were recently selling the eyeclops version for $47 but over night have rammed the price up to $73. Most likely because people are now searching for similar products thanks to COD :p

They are basically remodelled versions. Cheap, plastic rubbish.

But for anyone interested, I believe they are a HMV online exclusive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gary77 wrote: »
    There was called Halo 3 "Legendary Edition" I never got that as i was quite happy to settle for the standard never use or look at any of the extra stuff .

But i must admit NVG's i could have fun with those plus look great in the study room :)
    i saw one guy selling that for £350 lol wen i frist come out who wad pay that
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just pre-ordered it as it only costs £120. There is (officially) only retailer place in the UK selling it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    this website says that the nvg goggles are fully functioning:
    http://www.qj.net/Modern-Warfare-2-Prestige-Edition-officially-unboxed/pg/49/aid/133013

which must mean that they function as night vision goggles surely. either that or they are binoculars with green tinted glass and a torch on the front.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paying £120 for a version of the game with some night vision goggles is crazy when you consider that for about £20 more you could pick up the game and an Xbox 360.

Personally I dont get these limited edition versions, I would be happy to have my game in a plastic sleeve if the price was cheaper, at the end of the day all I care about is playing the game.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    i dont understand what you mean here.. why or how would you be able to buy the NVGs by themselves at all?

because Activision are not going to design a new set of NVG - they are going take an existing product on the market and put a COD logo on them.

My question was regarding if ppl would pay more than the market value for the goggles just because of the branding.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    jackobaldy wrote: »
    http://www.qj.net/Modern-Warfare-2-Prestige-Edition-officially-unboxed/pg/49/aid/133013

which must mean that they function as night vision goggles surely. either that or they are binoculars with green tinted glass and a torch on the front.

I think you can be flexible with the definition. I mean, a miners helmet will improve your night vision to some extent.

Looks like this edition will retail for about £70 over the price of the game and as ppl have already said you are not going to get much for £70. Entry level NVG scopes seem to go for around £200 and the binocular versions double that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people buy this kind of junk? The game will be great no doubt about it, but it's just a waste of money buying it with night vision goggles.
    Forum Member
    jackobaldy wrote: »

Watch the video of the unpacking. You can quite clearly see the ring of IR LED's around the front of the scope as he pulls it out the box.

These will offer light needed to make them work. Fully functioning simply means that they will allow you to see in the dark, even if that is only 3foot in front of you.

eyeclops NVG These toy NVG's do exactly the same thing, chances are the COD ones are also made by Jakks and they are just a different design concept to make them look like real military use ones.

The ones from Amazon boast up to 50ft, which isn't bad if that's what you can expect from the MW2 goggles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Paying £120 for a version of the game with some night vision goggles is crazy when you consider that for about £20 more you could pick up the game and an Xbox 360.
    So no HDD or online play? Erm... no thanks.
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Personally I dont get these limited edition versions, I would be happy to have my game in a plastic sleeve if the price was cheaper, at the end of the day all I care about is playing the game.
    I, like many others buy them because we can or because we want to. I have several LE game collections (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=33768442&postcount=7), they were bought because I wanted them (especially MGS1 & 4). This one I'm buying because I can.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda seems like spending for the sake of spending, to be honest.

You could give that extra money for the limited edition to charity or people less fortunate than yourself.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've gone off the idea of buying the prestige edition, the initial squee-ness has worn off. Will probably be able to buy the normal game for ~£35, I don't think I can really justify spending an extra ~£85 on a novelty item - that's 2 or 3 extra games I could buy! Fair enough if there is anyone who wants it and can afford it, but I don't think I'll be running around with NVG any time soon!
    Forum Member
    HMV have now stopped taking orders for the prestige. Looks like they have sold out already.
    Forum Member
    Conroy wrote: »

Eh??

You dont need a HDD for online play. Thats a myth, and a very bad one at that.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I, like many others buy them because we can or because we want to. I have several LE game collections (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=33768442&postcount=7), they were bought because I wanted them (especially MGS1 & 4). This one I'm buying because I can.

Each to their own, if you enjoy these LE versions then good luck to you, personally I cant help but think about the 2-3 other games I could buy instead of getting a pair a night vision goggles I will never use.

Yes sure its the crappy package of the 360, but I would find it a lot more entertaining than a pair of night vision goggles.
  • CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HMV have them exclusively at £150

I don't think i'll bother lol :(
    Forum Member
    They certainly do. I put the conversion rates in the MW2 Discuss thread, which looks interesting when you see how much money they (IW) are trying to milk from the Brits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grabbi wrote: »
    Eh??

You dont need a HDD for online play. Thats a myth, and a very bad one at that.
    No, the HDD is for installing the game (to reduce the sound of the console) and the map packs due out (2 packs confirmed so far from E3) might be bigger than the 256/512MB internal storage.

The lack of online I was referring to is because Live Gold is an extra cost on top of the additional £35 (360 Arcade + MW2 standard edition = £155 approx). Seeing as it's a COD game, I would expect to get my value for money out of online play.
    CarlosVela wrote: »
    HMV have them exclusively at £150
    It's currently £119.99 for PS3 or 360.
    Forum Member
    No, the HDD is for installing the game (to reduce the sound of the console) and the map packs due out (2 packs confirmed so far from E3) might be bigger than the 256/512MB internal storage.

Probably will be, but they wont be dure for a while. Even then, rumor has it the Arcade is being phased out before the MW2 release. Even then, Arcades arent £140, are they!? I could get a pro (60GB) for that, easily.
    The lack of online I was referring to is because Live Gold is an extra cost on top of the additional £35 (360 Arcade + MW2 standard edition = £155 approx). Seeing as it's a COD game, I would expect to get my value for money out of online play.

It's currently £119.99 for PS3 or 360.

Wont come to £155. No where near. RRP is £55, that will come down (already has.)

You are right about the £119.99 thing though. I got that wrong, even though I saw it in a reply as £120. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HMV Preorders are back up, got mine ordered, hope it comes now lol