Black Eyes Peas performance - thoughts?

1235»

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    danielleh wrote: »
    Not worse than Justin Bieber and Cheryl though.

Yes, I thought they were much worse, even than Cole. Bieber at least put on a decent dance performance. But the BEP were shockingly bad.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    utter rubbish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I don't like BEPs music but I'd watch again and again if only to see Fergie's thrusting hips.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    They basically ripped-off and old Dirty Dancing song then added some music inbetween the same old repetitve chorus.

Will.i.am is a great producer but BEP aren't that good :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was crap. I'm sorry but they've lost their good sense of music over the years and sold out to auto-tune. I miss the Where Is The Love days.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Lazy' was the only word that sprung to mind when listening/watching it.

My youngest said 'imagine if they weren't famous and auditioned on BGT with that performance, they would never get through'!
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    It was so bad that, even though I was watching it alone, I was moved to mutter "What a load of rubbish" when it finished. I can't think of a previous performance which has moved me to talk to myself before :D :eek:
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will i am cared more about bigging up Cheryls act's then singing lol shows where his head is
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose_Thorn wrote: »
    The dancing boxes made me laugh, it just seems like a odd song. Is this their new single? I much preferred their earlier stuff.
    Loved the dancing boxheads doing the running man dance routine. I couldn't take my eyes off them.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was good...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foonk wrote: »
    Verses are superb.

Choruses are not.

Agreed, although Crookers did it better a couple of years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v4NLOZ6sZY

Still, nice to have a bit of dissonance on the show after having been subjected to Bieber, Cole and Sherzinger miming and monotoning...
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    There's a scene in Star Wars, the original movie, set inside a tavern where these weird creatures are on stage playing in a band. That's what they reminded me of. Encountering a weird band from another planet. Even the female singer's voice managed to sound like a genetic mutation - it wasn't quite there.

The song itself was very unmusical, other than the sample of a familiar classic, it had no melody or worthwhile lyrics and amounted to nothing. If you stripped away the green lasers, the dancers and colourful biker jackets, huge sunglasses and plastic hair grips (or whatever they were), what were you left with?

Weirdness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    ribtickle wrote: »
    There's a scene in Star Wars, the original movie, set inside a tavern where these weird creatures are on stage playing in a band. That's what they reminded me of.

Weirdness.

ahahahaha :D

I didn't realise it was a song. It sounded like they were playing with a bank of sound effects and lights
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the worst performance I have ever seen by a guest. The song was a load of crap and I can't believe anyone would ever buy it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Pitchy to say the least.

The stage and visuals were great though - a saving grace for the BEP.
  • tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like a new years eve disco in a mixed sex young offenders prison