Options

Credit to Shane Ritchie

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just about to make a thread. He was back to the old great alfie moon in tonights ep. Hes been so OTT lately.
  • Options
    MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not sure where my comment went?

I've always had a soft spot for alfie, and shanes a great actor, but you can only do so much with the lines you are given.
    The s/l was appalling when he first came back flashing his police badge to save the day!!!

EDIT.. two almost identical threads going on. my comment was on the other one
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shane is brilliant again tonight - the scene with Kat in the bedroom was heartbreaking
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's been amazing as Alfie ever since he came back. I hope they have more in store for him than this baby swap business.
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I`ve never liked the fast talking conman part he usually plays but the last couple of episodes have been real and poignant (sp?).
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I luv Alfie/Shane, he is a very good actor, and can do both serouise and comedy. He makes me smile :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shane was amazing again tonight, just a shame most of their scenes were cut :(:rolleyes:
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't fault Shane Richie at the moment! he nearly had me in tears tonight :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I agree - Sam and Jessie have understandably been getting most of the attention for their performances, since they are really the cream of the crop at Eastenders at the moment - but you're right, Shane has been excellent as well. Very real.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I agree Shane has been tremendous in recent episodes.

So might I add was Gillian Wright tonight.
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shane's actings impressed me, really touching scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was brilliant last night. :) Definitely proved he's not all about comedy. I love Kat and Alfie, hope they stick around for a while. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Another astounding performance from Gillian Wright..... the character has mental health issues and she plays it with complete clarity, especially when she called Kat 'Kathleen'.
    In a previous scene Kat had stated she wanted her Mum.... Jean was the nearest she was going to get to it.
    Well done to both actors.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evie-Grace wrote: »
    I agree Shane has been tremendous in recent episodes.

So might I add was Gillian Wright tonight.

I agree with both points.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    yeah, i agree, he has been brilliant, really set me off!
  • Options
    chipsauntchipsaunt Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that his performance has been a surprise.

Also give credit to the writing, which gave Shane some great material to work with. He didn't make up those lines himself, you know.
    Pete Lawson, who wrote the episodes shown on 3rd and 4th of Jan, is great with emotional scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I agree he was superb and nearly brought a tear to this hard faced cows eyes.

*I said nearly
  • Options
    SpeedyWalkerSpeedyWalker Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    No, he's a poor actor. His contribution is nothing compared to Sam or Jessie.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing scenes tonight!
  • Options
    bekzjbekzj Posts: 13,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's so good right now.:)
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah he was good tonight...
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, he's a poor actor. His contribution is nothing compared to Sam or Jessie.

you cant compare him to sam or jessie- it's completely different role- the bereaved dad who everyone has slightly sideline in their rush to comfort Kat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was amazing again tonight. Think he has been really good thru out this storyline :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    INCREDIBLE performance from Shane again tonight. Wow you go Shane :D:D Love him and Alfie <3
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of Shane's tbh but I thought he was good tonight, loved the way he shouted at Kat I lost a baby too, she seriously needed telling!