Options

Hollyoaks-John Paul and Craig

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you think they should come back for a short period (not 2 long for them to have a storyline) just for a future McQueen wedding or funeral? I hope they do because there sunset ending was ruined when John Paul and the rest of the McQueen's were kidnaped and the church they were in was blown up and Craig was kidnapped while holiday with Steph and beaten up

Comments

• Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I would love them to come back for a short stint.

There have been several mentions of them since Craig's late night apperance and they seem to be happy together, I remember Carmel saying how John Paul had found his soulmate and more recently Myra phoned John Paul and spoke to Craig so I don't think their sunset ending was ruined because every now and then we get a little moment like that.
  • Options
    modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well last we heard they were still living together in Ireland so I imagine they're still a couple and presumably happy.

Wouldn't object to them coming back for a one-off but then of course the focus would be on them and not on who the current storyline involves -- kind of like if Peggy came back for Pat's funeral.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I didn't know they have been mentioned, that my attention span
  • Options
    mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine either of the actors coming back, but I do like hearing that they've been mentioned still living together :)
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    As soon as they stepped back into soapland they'd be broken up with needless drama so I wouldn't want them back. I'll stick to the odd little mentions to show they're still together.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Guy Burnet doing alright for himself, done a couple of films.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Isn't Guy Burnet doing alright for himself, done a couple of films.

Yer he is, 3 films in 2011 so I wouldn't expect him coming back or james but he hasn't done nothing since the start of 2011 unless he has got something new coming up
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I think mojo is right if they came back properley they'd get messed up but i'd love it if they were in HO later one year or something, like some of the McQueens take a trip to Dublin to see them.

I don't think there is much chance of either actor wanting to come back either, they maybe would if it was for like the 20th anniversary or something special because its probably HO most successful ever story.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think when Guy left he kind of did it with a well maybe come back stance but James was pretty adament he wouldn't come back, but he also seemed to want to back off of soaps and went on Emmerdale, so who knows!! Think Guy is still living in America at the mo, so they'd have to pay him well!!!!

I think they would have to be maybe a one off because if it was any longer, they so would be split them up as others have said!
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JP could be recast fairly easily in a couple more years but his return would make more sense than Craigs who would only previously have interacted with Frankie and Nancy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    JP could be recast fairly easily in a couple more years but his return would make more sense than Craigs who would only previously have interacted with Frankie and Nancy.

and Darren for Craig - they were close. Have Frankie and Jack gone then? Haven't seen HO in ages.
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Michaela, Lee, Mandy, Warren, if they were to come back, they would be ruined as the last couple of producer's haven't had a clue about the show's history and what the character's were like before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just doesnt have the same ring to it as John, Paul, George & Ringo
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    I really hope they never come back, because for me their ending was perfect. Both actors seem to be doing other projects, so hopefully one/both of them will never decide to return. It would be even worse if one came back without the other, and revealed that they've split up!
  • Options
    bekzjbekzj Posts: 13,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Dusts off DS username* It's been a while!

I really hope we don't see them again, the odd mention is lovely but I soooooo don't want to be dragged kicking and screaming into that saga again! lol;):p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bekzj wrote: »
    *Dusts off DS username* It's been a while!

I really hope we don't see them again, the odd mention is lovely but I soooooo don't want to be dragged kicking and screaming into that saga again! lol;):p:D

:D Too bleedin' right! Don't think could cope with all that again!

They are safe from HO if they just stay there, you know, cos obviously they are really there:D
  • Options
    bekzjbekzj Posts: 13,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    :D Too bleedin' right! Don't think could cope with all that again!

They are safe from HO if they just stay there, you know, cos obviously they are really there:D

Well, where else would they be?:confused::p:D hehe