Options

The best current western girl group?

siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering your favourite girl group in the west atm? I've put in an other option as I'll clearly have a blonde moment and miss someone. If you pick other please post which group and I will tally them up too. :)

Fave western girl group 93 votes

G.R.L
15% 14 votes
Little Mix
40% 38 votes
Neon Jungle
11% 11 votes
The Saturdays
21% 20 votes
5th Harmony
6% 6 votes
Other (please specify)
4% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Neon jungle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Love G R L as well
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Fifth Harmony (although it's still early days) or Little Mix at a push. But none of them can hold a candle to the best Korean girl groups like 2NE1,f(x) or Sistar.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays
    Little Mix
    M.O. (anyone heard of them? They've got a few songs out)
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    G.R.L and Little Mix for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would have said little mix but IMO their last album was awful :/
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I would say Fifth Harmony (although it's still early days) or Little Mix at a push. But none of them can hold a candle to the best Korean girl groups like 2NE1,f(x) or Sistar.

Hahah I made it western as there's just too many amazing Eastern girl groups and they don't often (if ever) promote this side of the pond. My shouts for Easter would be f(x) & 4Minute. :)

For me it's Little Mix, but I'm really enjoying them all atm. Hopefully they'll keep pushing each other to be better, competition can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »

It's funny but K-Pop is essentially western rather than eastern music. There's a very strong europop influence which most of the 'western' bands like Little Mix and Neon Jungle have ignored for a touch of R n'B.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I like them all to an extent but Little Mix are by far my favorites. Last week I would probably have said that Neon Jungle follow them but their album is a huge let down for me so I'd probably say The Sats are my second favourite.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays are my favourite from that list.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neon Jungle are my favourite new group, but The Saturdays are my overall favourite. I'm also a fan of Fifth Harmony, G.R.L, M.O and Sweet California (Spanish girl group). I'm not too keen on any Little Mix songs apart from DNA.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, that's some pretty slim pickings on that poll!
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that Country & Western?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Western girlbands are really lacking at the moment. I just focus on kpop for girlband music. 2NE1, Spica, Sistar, Miss A, SNSD, Ladie's code, Red Velvet, After School, Crayon pop are much better than the western girl bands right now.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Hahah I made it western as there's just too many amazing Eastern girl groups and they don't often (if ever) promote this side of the pond. My shouts for Easter would be f(x) & 4Minute. :)

For me it's Little Mix, but I'm really enjoying them all atm. Hopefully they'll keep pushing each other to be better, competition can only be a good thing.

f(x) is technically Eastern and Western, as two of the five members (Krystal and Amber) are Americans who have English as their first language. Girls' Generation also has two Americans (Jessica who is Krystal's older sister, and Tiffany).

But out of the Western groups I would say G.R.L.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pistol Annies for me, but they seemed to have stopped working together now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pistol Annies for me, but they seemed to have stopped working together now.

Yes. They are fantastic!

Have you heard Miranda Lambert's new album, "Platinum"? I've had it in my car since I bought it two months ago.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix

Never heard of GRL
  • Options
    Fin_BrownFin_Brown Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix of course. GRL is growing on me, but they're outfit choices make it seem like they're trying too hard to be different.
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix, hands down for me.
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G.r.l
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifth Harmony can outsing the lot of them. In terms of their music, they're only just getting started, but I think long term things look better for them than all the other groups. I've never been impresed by Little Mix...I've always thought they come across a bit too try hard and false. I also don't like any of their voices apart from Perry's.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Yes. They are fantastic!

Have you heard Miranda Lambert's new album, "Platinum"? I've had it in my car since I bought it two months ago.

Its a contender for album of the year for me, a great album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its a contender for album of the year for me, a great album.

I would love to see her live at some point. I don't know how big her fan base is in the UK though.

I would like a new Pistol Annies album but they seem to be apart right now.