Is your tablet gathering dust yet ?

1235»

Comments

• Brian_BourdonBrian_Bourdon Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Apparently iPad sales fall by 3% a year.

I think that as PC tabs get better there'll be a sharp fall in ios/Android tabs and more take up of Phatlets as mobile devices to supplement.

I think the iPad Air is a fantastic device but it's incredibly limited at times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the difference between a Phablet and a Phatlet?
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 1.2 mm
    :)

The Galaxy Mega name sounds like a Phatlet whilst the Xperia Z Ultra is certainly Phablet.
    Yet I wonder if anyone has trademarked the word Fablet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's situations like this when I wish Carol Vorderman was still on Countdown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is Susie Dent who is your man, and still there.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I buy a clue.

Explain the thing about the crablet smadgelet drablet again?

Are these words in dictionary corner yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the crispy crablets I tried in Broome were very nice.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that we care about what tablets other people use and feel the need to tell strangers how we use our own tablets :-D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to buy an iPad. They are all shiny and I'll look good down the Newsagents (there is a fit bit behind the counter).
  • pinot_noirpinot_noir Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use my kindle fire HD every day for internet browsing, reading and listening to music and radio. I use a chromebook and/or laptop for working though as I need to type and use a mouse a lot. If anything gathers dust it's my phone; I find it very fiddly.
  • zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I really guess it depends on what and where you are using them.

I see lots of tablets on the train, but for the business commute, laptops are quite dominant. For students you could probably get away with using a tablet in stuff like drama classes, but I sense elsewhere the more credible students use laptops.

And I'm usually sat at a desk, which precludes tablet use.

That's why I love the Surface, It's a tablet, with touch apps in Metro. Click the keyboard onto it and it's a laptop, with Word, Excel, Onenote etc desktop programmes that you use with the trackpad or a mouse.

I hated Metro/W8 on my desktop until I added Classic Shell but on a tablet the touch stuff works great. I can even remote access my home PC and use the metro start menu of my PC from my tablet with the touchscreen just as easily as using the metro start screen on my Surface.
    (The only problem is my home PC has three monitors with icons and usually open windows across all three but if I remote into it since the Surface only has one screen it rearranges everything on my PC onto the one screen so when I go back all my icons have been squished together.)
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a kindle fire but I recently bought an android tablet, having had one before and I found I was missing the versatility. I do like my kindle but I find android easier and prefer the apps compared to that of the kindle!!!

I use the android tablet much more often but I also have a netbook which I like for keyboard and general use
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I buy a clue.

Explain the thing about the crablet smadgelet drablet again?

Are these words in dictionary corner yet?

Well we know what a tablet is and we know what a smartphone is. A phablet is a kind of compromise between the two.

A phatlet is a phablet where someone has missed out the "b" :kitty:

phablet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Mentioned elsewhere, but my 2012 Nexus 7 is in use every day without fail. It hasn't really replaced my desktop yet, but I can certainly imagine a time when it does.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zz9 wrote: »
    That's why I love the Surface, It's a tablet, with touch apps in Metro. Click the keyboard onto it and it's a laptop, with Word, Excel, Onenote etc desktop programmes that you use with the trackpad or a mouse.

One thing I don't like much is that with keyboard attached it's all a bit shaky and you cannot use it on your lap comfortably, but other than that I agree, it's more than just a toy.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Even though my Chromebook is quite small and light it's still a pain to carry around.

My tablet, on the other, hand fits neatly into my manbag so that's where it comes into its own...especially as I have only a dumbphone.
  • zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    One thing I don't like much is that with keyboard attached it's all a bit shaky and you cannot use it on your lap comfortably, but other than that I agree, it's more than just a toy.

True. I have a Touch Cover and a Type Cover. The touch you need to press quite firmly on the keys to register and you can't really do that on your lap. The Type though has proper keys that move and is much easier.