Options

Channel 4 On Demand

Can play back movies on ITV Player, but cannot get 4OD to play. I have updated Adobe Flash Player to V 15, but it makes no diference. I get the film loading symbol spining round, but nothing ever plays. What is wrong guy's. What can I do to get the film to play. I am in the dog house till I get it sorted. Hope you can help me out. Regards. Walt

Comments

• Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried a different web browser?
    Are you using any ad blocking software for your web browser? 4od isn't compatible with ad blockers.
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried a set-top-box? Watching television on an actual television generally works better.

A web browser was made for browsing the web, not for watching TV. Yes, it can (sometimes) play TV shows, but it's a bit like a jack of all trades, yet a master of none.
  • Options
    DS-GuyDS-Guy Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    ovbg wrote: »
    Have you tried a set-top-box? Watching television on an actual television generally works better.

A web browser was made for browsing the web, not for watching TV. Yes, it can (sometimes) play TV shows, but it's a bit like a jack of all trades, yet a master of none.
    Really? :) It could be the fact that the op is using a rooted device like in my case the loading wheel goes round and round and round and does not play the programme
    i emailed channel 4 and got a reply saying that their partners dont want thier streams to work on any rooted device due to piracy problems associated with rooted devices
    a bit silly imho i am looking for a work arouind that can by-pass this restriction tia :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i will explain further so bear with me please. some years back i had a email account with
    bush internet.com which was some time ago and was bought out by Breath internet limited
    they decided to charge 25 pounds a year to get access to your emails ithought iam not paying that fee. and some one kindly pointed out go to mail2web and you will get free access to your emails and sure enough you can what happens is when loging in via the offiical bush email login page you login and then are presented with a payment page but going via mail2web servers and using exactly the same login details it by passes the payment page alltogether so what iam looking for is a website that can by pass the restrictions that channel 4 has had to put in place to suit thier partners. there must be a way round this as they are many rooted devices that simply can\t get all4/40d tia :)
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS-Guy wrote: »
    Really? :) It could be the fact that the op is using a rooted device like in my case the loading wheel goes round and round and round and does not play the programme
    i emailed channel 4 and got a reply saying that their partners dont want thier streams to work on any rooted device due to piracy problems associated with rooted devices
    a bit silly imho i am looking for a work arouind that can by-pass this restriction tia :)

They are correct. Channel 4 have blocked rooted devices for years.

I still stand by what I said about a web browser though. It really was never made for watching television, that was something bolted on afterwards. It's a bit like taping a camera to a phone and calling it a camera phone.

Whereas a television was made from the ground up to watch television. A streaming set-top-box was also made from the ground up to stream on-demand. They work better together for a reason.

But year, I guess there will still be people out there that for some reason or another prefer to watch TV on a computer instead of a TV and good for them. But I guess they may also encounter the odd spanner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ovbg wrote: »
    They are correct. Channel 4 have blocked rooted devices for years.

I still stand by what I said about a web browser though. It really was never made for watching television, that was something bolted on afterwards. It's a bit like taping a camera to a phone and calling it a camera phone.

Whereas a television was made from the ground up to watch television. A streaming set-top-box was also made from the ground up to stream on-demand. They work better together for a reason.

But year, I guess there will still be people out there that for some reason or another prefer to watch TV on a computer instead of a TV and good for them. But I guess they may also encounter the odd spanner.
    but saying that and in my case the only reason why
    i want to watch tv on demand is even if i miss say sometrhing on a +1 channel i want to view on demand tv nothing wrong with that. so back to work arounds iam looking for some site that will by-pass the encryption that channel 4 has put in place by the requests of their partners there has to be a away round this with out hacking my device which could brick my device so any help would be good on this. there used to be a good ctach up service called catch up tv and every freeview channel worked well and seemed to by pass any resctrictions that the originating broadcasters have put in place sadly the catrch up service was withdrawn some years back there is no legal reason to dfo this from what i have read. the live feeds still work fine on my rooted device so something is by passing channel 4's resctrictions which is good but need a 7 day catch up service for the 5 main channels tia :)
  • Options
    SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,458
    Forum Member
    DS-Guy wrote: »
    iam looking for some site that will by-pass the encryption that channel 4 has put in place by the requests of their partners
    Such discussion would be a direct breach of the DigitalSpy terms and conditions, so even if you found someone to discuss it, the thread would be deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SteveMcK wrote: »
    Such discussion would be a direct breach of the DigitalSpy terms and conditions, so even if you found someone to discuss it, the thread would be deleted.
    would this include pm's too?|What isn't illegal is asking for a 7 day catch up service either in uk or else where in the world that provides a 7 day tv service?
    Thanks foir yuor reply :)