Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Henderson's gormless expression in the batiste dry shampoo advert.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I wonder if the overweight girl in the advert for the fridge with the ice maker realises how awful she looks in a blouse too small that's about to burst off it's buttons.

And, if that's the one I think it is, what's the drink that's like a mojito but starts with a C?
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    And, if that's the one I think it is, what's the drink that's like a mojito but starts with a C?
    Don't drink myself - unfortunately due to medication - but a quick google suggests Caipirinha.
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kid with the deerstalker and magnifying glass in the Fairy ad, >:( if he found fault with my washing up he would find himself standing on a chair at the sink with a dish cloth in his hand doing the washing up himself!
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    The kid with the deerstalker and magnifying glass in the Fairy ad, >:( if he found fault with my washing up he would find himself standing on a chair at the sink with a dish cloth in his hand doing the washing up himself!

Yeh, and it's clearly a woman doing 'his' voice. When he/she says 'boooring' I could hurl the telly through the window!
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Meerkat's advert with Arnold Schwarznegger. It reminds me how annoying the Meerkat's and how crap an actor Arnold Schwarznegger is with his over exaggerated expressions.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    The old girl in the Walkers ad doesn't ask the mechanic for any ID. She lets him in without any hesitation and then tries to pinch his crisps.
  • Options
    TracyTracy Posts: 6,229
    Forum Member
    The EDF one "did you change the light bulb in the lounge"
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The voice over chap who impersonates the late Patrick Allen is really getting on my wick. I'm all for making hay while the sun shines etc, but it's wearing really thin.

Less is more.

P.S. Younger DSrs might not know that it is actually an impersonation of someone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daSqvhEcfDM
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    The one that cheeses me off is the one about the woman running a family petrol station that was selling more snacks than petrol. She then went to the bank (can't remember which one, so advert obviously not doing its job!) and got a loan to change it into a diner.

Then she says 'it's going well, even though we still get the odd customer wanting a sausage roll'.

Well, given it's a diner, that's not an unnatural thing to ask for. Now, if they were still asking for a gallon of petrol, then that would be different!

>:(
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    The one that cheeses me off is the one about the woman running a family petrol station that was selling more snacks than petrol. She then went to the bank (can't remember which one, so advert obviously not doing its job!) and got a loan to change it into a diner.

Then she says 'it's going well, even though we still get the odd customer wanting a sausage roll'.

Well, given it's a diner, that's not an unnatural thing to ask for. Now, if they were still asking for a gallon of petrol, then that would be different!

Yes that bit annoys me too. Why would she find it funny that customers want a sausage roll in a diner?
    If they asked for a pine air freshener and a bunch of cheap flowers, I would be worried.
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The I'm moonwalking kid.
    Most annoying voice ever. Sorry kiddo. It's not you probably just the editing putting it all so close together.... Don't want you to grow up with a complex.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paypal

WTF is an expiration date???

Surely it's an EXPIRY date!

It is bit it's one of those times where because Americans use it so often that it is acceptable despite being wrong.

Expiration I think means when something or someone dies and breathing out whereas expiry means end of or a termination
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    The Meerkat's advert with Arnold Schwarznegger. It reminds me how annoying the Meerkat's and how crap an actor Arnold Schwarznegger is with his over exaggerated expressions.

I like that ad :D
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies if someone's already mentioned it, but the one with the couple downing all that milk (is it A3?) and it ends up all over their clothes, etc. - it really turns my stomach >:(
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Walkers one with the woman who murders her electrician:o What's that all bout?:confused:
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    The Walkers one with the woman who murders her electrician:o What's that all bout?:confused:

Another stupid people will kill for a packet of crisps.
  • Options
    Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member

Argh is that one still on?! I used to yell that at the screen every time I saw it! That, and I find it hard to believe that in this day and age she didn't sell more petrol. Must run one in the middle of nowhere or something!
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    "I'm the Manager of Firecracker restaurant, and we pride ourselves on serving Restaurant quality Food"

You are a Restaurant - what else would you serve BUT "restaurant quality food".

Swill in a bucket maybe ???

I am racking my brains but i cannot recall if this is for Hungry House or Lets Eat website.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Danno2020 wrote: »
    Argh is that one still on?! I used to yell that at the screen every time I saw it! That, and I find it hard to believe that in this day and age she didn't sell more petrol. Must run one in the middle of nowhere or something!

Wouldnt people be GLAD to have a petrol station in the back of beyond, logically she'd sell more petrol there if people have been driving for ages and almost out? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what bank would lend to a petrol station that couldn't sell petrol?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is bit it's one of those times where because Americans use it so often that it is acceptable despite being wrong.

Expiration I think means when something or someone dies and breathing out whereas expiry means end of or a termination

Expiration means ending. Both are correct and acceptable terms.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She also uses "billing address" and "shipping address". Bloody Americans.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natwest:

The one with the obnoxious kid who explains that his parents brought the house "So they could have me!" (Whispered in a way that just makes you want to slap him)

In Scotland we have the same ad but dubbed in a Scottish accent. That and the travel agent ad on the radio ("I nearly lost my bikini!") started off with a generic English accent then a few weeks later changed to an annoying Scottish family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    How many more years will we have to put up with those 118 runners in the ad. bumpers?
    Particularly irritating is when they're supposed to be on the phone to characters out of bad 1970s films.
    Obviously made by twentysomethings* who think it looks 'seventies-retro' >:(

* and their fathers before them judging how long this campaign has been running ;-)
This discussion has been closed.