Amazon Fire Stick

Am I right in thinking that if I Have TV in a room with no terrestrial ,satellite, cable connection I can use the Amazon Fire Stick via its HDMI socket. I do have a Wifi fibre broadband service

Comments

• ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's correct. Your normal input would be blank, but in most cases, a TV will fire up to the last active HDMI input.

If you power your AFTV stick from the TV's 5v USB port, it will also switch that on and off when you power up the TV.

Oh, you'll also get live UK channels as well via the TVPlayer app (sourced from the Internet).

All this is presuming you are in the UK. If not, you just need a Smart DNS service as well.
  • jthspacejthspace Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    FIRE STICK APPS

I particularly like FilmOn app and also have that on my Android phone, iPad and laptop.
  • fazzymanfazzyman Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    How did you get FilmOn on to it I thought you had to use the apps available. If there is another way please help
  • fazzymanfazzyman Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Can you have more the one fire stick in the same house
    Forum Member
    fazzyman wrote: »
    How did you get FilmOn on to it I thought you had to use the apps available. If there is another way please help

Sorry, my typing / language construcction was sloppy - I meant to say that the FilmOn one was on my portables. I use all of the TV type apps that are compatible with the Fire Stick and the ipad etc and also use FilmOn on the ipad.

Sorry for the confusion
    Forum Member

I see no reason why you can't - I have a Chromecast and a Fire Stick on my TV both connecting wirelessly with no issues.
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. You can have multiple Sticks in the house, but some content may place restrictions on how many streams you can concurrently play at the same time. Generally speaking, this only affects those behind a pay-wall.