Fears about Conrad Murray fleeing the country

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
Forum Member
This is from the Chicago Sun Times, so its a reputable source:

There's concern at the Los Angeles district attorney's office about the possibility Dr. Conrad Murray -- Michael Jackson's controversial personal physician, who was with him when he died -- may flee the country.

A source in the DA's office tells me Murray is considered a definite "flight risk," especially now that an indictment -- or a series of indictments -- is expected to be handed down charging the doctor with culpability in the King of Pop's drug-induced death.

Dr. Conrad Murray is being considered a flight risk during the Michael Jackson death investigation.

Reportedly, Murray is being kept under surveillance 24-7, in case there are any indications he's going to make a run for it.

It's also alleged that Murray already has quietly made inquiries about travel to Brazil -- a country without an extradition treaty with the United States.

Here's a link to that story:

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/1774599,CST-FTR-zp17.article

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like how this whole investigation is being run. I have an awful suspicion they'll let him slide/go easy on him.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I wish he'd just get suspended or struck off. Nothing to be gained by him serving a jail sentence - it won't bring MJ back and his career is already ruined.

Also, I believe there's more to it than meets the eye and that the doctor's a patsy.
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    black_vine wrote: »
    I don't like how this whole investigation is being run. I have an awful suspicion they'll let him slide/go easy on him.

I get the opposite view and can see why he wants to leg it. You only have to read some of the posts on here to see that he has already been tried and convicted (all on no sight of the evidence) by jacko fans. I can see why he would flee, he wont get a fair trial. And given Jackson's seedy past flirtations with drugs the doctor will be a convenient excuse to white wash him. (no pun intended)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ValLambert wrote: »
    I get the opposite view and can see why he wants to leg it. You only have to read some of the posts on here to see that he has already been tried and convicted (all on no sight of the evidence) by jacko fans. I can see why he would flee, he wont get a fair trial. And given Jackson's seedy past flirtations with drugs the doctor will be a convenient excuse to white wash him. (no pun intended)

What have MJ fans said about Dr Murray on here? Please enlighten me? All that was said in the other thread was Dr Murray took a chance away from Michael to perform and he did so by administering lethal amounts of overdose and Murray admitted to giving him propofol. Very FEW like to believe it was murder but other then that, anyone can see it was an unfortunate accident - one that cost a man's life and will cost other Doctors their license. I know who got the short end of the stick and it isn't those Doctors.

Have a bit of understanding and see that many MJ fans are feeling bittersweet about the whole This Is It rehearsal footage. How can a man be singing, dancing and looking happy be dead a few moments later?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    No one has called Murray a murderer. People, including myself, have said 'why did Murray take him away from us', which he did. He gave MJ propofol and that is what MJ died of. No one has called Murray a murderer. The haters see the film release now as a great way of winding up the fans. We're very excited about the film but we are also sad and angry-how can a guy who was singing, dancing and looking happy be dead a few days later?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    sophloz wrote: »
    No one has called Murray a murderer. People, including myself, have said 'why did Murray take him away from us', which he did. He gave MJ propofol and that is what MJ died of. No one has called Murray a murderer. The haters see the film release now as a great way of winding up the fans. We're very excited about the film but we are also sad and angry-how can a guy who was singing, dancing and looking happy be dead a few days later?

Agree. Its funny how something like the news on "This is it"
    bring all those who have nothing but nasty stuff to say,right back out of their holes again. You can pinpoint when its going to happen. So boring and tedious:sleep::yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I were Conrad Murray, I would probably try to run too! Chances are, he will be charged and asked to turn himself in and be able to do so at any L.A.P.D. branch at which the media will be waiting for him around the clock!!! When Michael Jackson turned himself in for the charges in 2005, a video man actually died at the scene! It was a sheer circus.

There are many fans of the late superstar Michael Jackson who do not believe Michael Jackson was actually a drug addict and therefore, evil Conrad Murray caused his death. Of course, Joe Jackson and LaToya Jackson have made their statements about him all through the media. Conrad has not had his day in court and I do want to reserve judgment but it just seems he acted more like a drug dealer than a doctor and just gave Michael whatever he requested so he could get paid! That's deplorable in my view if the evidence supports my theory, we shall see.

He does need to do jail time, as we can't have doctors out there acting like drug dealers and causing people's deaths. It's very, very serious. Every single doctor I have seen in the media was actually shocked at the drugs Conrad gave Michael that night and even more so, he would put him under propofol at home!!! I can't imagine a doctor doing that for anyone, even Michael Jackson but he may have done it. Just imagine, if the doctor had just said "NO" to Michael that night and did not supply him with what he wanted, Michael may be alive to perform again and better yet, raise his three children.

Dr. Murray has received death threats and should fear for his life. The obsessed fans will try to get this man. But what he is accused of doing, is inexcusable.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,981
    Forum Member
    In the Chandler book it was said the most obsessed fans were from Britain. :eek:

Frank Dileo and others close to Michael have said he got what he wanted.

If the doctor had said 'no' it's likely he would have just gone to someone who would say 'yes' ?

Other doctors have been implicated by Murray and the family could the prosecution cut a deal re names and details?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,981
    Forum Member
    Doing a search came up with this....

Birmingham Crown Court was told that Dr Priya Ramnath also failed to speak to a consultant anaesthetist at Staffordshire District General Hospital before injecting the drug into Patricia Leighton in 1998.

Ramnath, who returned from the United States to the UK to face trial last year, denies the manslaughter of Mrs Leighton by gross negligence.

"The effects of adrenaline are unpredictable and can be fatal. In the case of Mrs Leighton, they were fatal.

The court heard that Mrs Leighton, 51, from Burntwood, near Cannock, Staffordshire, then lost consciousness and her heart stopped.

Mr Burrows added: "Despite the efforts of the other doctors and nurses there, and Dr Ramnath herself, she could not be resuscitated and she died.

Priya Ramnath given six-month suspended jail term after injecting woman with adrenalin against advice.

One expert .... called by the defence, .... said he believed Leighton had died of septic shock rather than because of the adrenaline injection.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    In the Chandler book it was said the most obsessed fans were from Britain. :eek:

Frank Dileo and others close to Michael have said he got what he wanted.

If the doctor had said 'no' it's likely he would have just gone to someone who would say 'yes' ?

Other doctors have been implicated by Murray and the family could the prosecution cut a deal re names and details?

Everyone said Michae's biggest fans were from Britain. Apparently Forest Lawn have had a ton of Brits come to the cemetary the past couple weeks. The only way Murray could get a lesser sentence is by as you said naming names. He isn't the only Dr Feelgood providing MJ with drugs. But Murray deserves jail time for what he did. Doctors should not be drug dealers with a medical licence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom line. Murray is a doctor, with a license to practice. He has said in a statement to police that he gave a patient a dose of a drug in the patient's home. That drug is only supposed to be used in a hospital setting, with proper apparatus. The drug caused the patient's death.

If it were any other patient, it still would have been the wrong course of action to take.