What Album Should I Buy Tommorrow

Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Duffy - Endlessy

Hurts - Happiness

Nelly Futardo - Greatest Hits.

Only Got Money For One, But i want all 3, Hurts has been given some great reviews but I've only got Kylies version of Wonderful life on my i-pod and want theres.

Duffys last album was rather good and i kinda liked Well, Well, Well.

Nelly i just like some of her songs, Say It Right is amazing, but there not convcing enough to buy a proper album.

Dilemma.

Comments

• molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say 'Endlessly' by Duffy AND 'best of'- Nelly Furtado (i have them both).

Of course if you can only buy one then that's up to you, both are well worth the money, Nelly's and Duffy's have been on all day! Love Nelly's tracks and Duffy's are so fresh and new.

Good luck with whatever you chose!
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    None of them. Buy Robyns 'Body Talk'. It's absolutely fantastic!

Failing that, get Nelly. Most of her hits are on it and her new tracks are all brilliant. And the cover of Crazy (which it says is a bonus track, despite the fact it's actually 4 years old and released as b-side of Promiscuous therefore already owned by me... :cool:) is fantastic :D
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »

Failing that, get Nelly. Most of her hits are on it and her new tracks are all brilliant. And the cover of Crazy (which it says is a bonus track, despite the fact it's actually 4 years old and released as b-side of Promiscuous therefore already owned by me... :cool:) is fantastic :D

i got the first body talk album but the album for me was pretty half and half so i didn't bother to get the second.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Endlessly. Not as good as Rockferry, but easily one of the best albums of the year.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »

This. Or Alesha Dixon's The Entertainer.

But out of the three you mentioned, I'd choose Nelly Furtado. Hurts album is good too, but I personally think its a bit ballad-heavy and nothing really matches up to the standard of Wonderful Life for me.
  • TR252TR252 Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Endlessly. It's a fantastic follow up to Rockferry and her voice sounds fantastic on it - much better than on Well Well Well! :)
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Susan Boyle would probably be up your street.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd skip on Nelly's Greatest Hits..if you were already a fan, you probably have most of her songs already anyway and "The Night Is Young" is absolutely horrid and screams "rushed":( It undos all the amazing work she did with Timbaland on Loose.
    I'd go with The Duffster:)
  • reishunreishun Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    none, buy pixies - surfer rosa
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incase any one was wondering, i picked Duffy.
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    Susan Boyle would probably be up your street.

I'd rather lick shit out of a cows arse. No offence to Susan Of course.
    Makson wrote: »
    I'd skip on Nelly's Greatest Hits..if you were already a fan, you probably have most of her songs already anyway and "The Night Is Young" is absolutely horrid and screams "rushed":( It undos all the amazing work she did with Timbaland on Loose.
    I'd go with The Duffster:)

I am a fan, and haven't got any of her old material.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have got Hurts - Happiness, you wouldn't have been let down. Trust me.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    None of them

I urge you to try Nadine's album. :)
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red+Blooded, have you never used internet streaming? You can listen to Hurts' album here for free:

http://www.we7.com/#/album/Hurts/Happiness
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James__B wrote: »
    Should have got Hurts - Happiness, you wouldn't have been let down. Trust me.

Gonna Get That one next week.
    musicdude wrote: »
    None of them

I urge you to try Nadine's album. :)

I was gonna get that when it came out, but i had no moeny and now its not in stock. So ill wait till it gets a nationwide release.
    kutox wrote: »
    Red+Blooded, have you never used internet streaming? You can listen to Hurts' album here for free:

http://www.we7.com/#/album/Hurts/Happiness

I like buying the albums
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Endlessly - Duffy
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    It's not out of stock if you order it from tesco themselves. There is a link to buy the album on Nadine's website
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    It's not out of stock if you order it from tesco themselves. There is a link to buy the album on Nadine's website

websites like that confuse me, :) and plus i never have money in my bank.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna Get That one next week.

I was gonna get that when it came out, but i had no moeny and now its not in stock. So ill wait till it gets a nationwide release.

I like buying the albums

there will be no nationwide release. it's exclusive to tesco and that contract is tight. so she cant release the same album elsewhere!

it cant be out of stock - tesco ordered 300k, they have sold 8k so still have 292k left lol,

go on the tesco entertainment website it's on there £8.95
    or tesco stores but it's even on ebay?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there will be no nationwide release. it's exclusive to tesco and that contract is tight. so she cant release the same album elsewhere!

it cant be out of stock - tesco ordered 300k, they have sold 8k so still have 292k left lol,

go on the tesco entertainment website it's on there £8.95
    or tesco stores but it's even on ebay?

By out of stock, i just ment it wasn't on the shelves, i feel a bit stupid asking a supermarket wether they have an album.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy Nadine's album if I were you. It's not very good, and certainly not worth £9.

And it will undoubtedly be in the Tesco bargain bins in a couple of months time, so I'd wait til then.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like buying the albums

Yeah, but you could listen to the album first, then decide afterwards whether you want to buy it or not. That's what I've done before buying half the albums I've bought this year.
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pink floyd - dark side of the moon

queen - night at the opera

the beach boys - pet sounds

the beatles - revolver
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy Nadine's album if I were you. It's not very good, and certainly not worth £9.

And it will undoubtedly be in the Tesco bargain bins in a couple of months time, so I'd wait til then.

I agree. I downloaded it and thought it was rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    If it has to be one of those get Duffy, she is a genuine talent.