Options

How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same with the busy! Also the meds I'm on is making me sleep most of the day, so by the time I wake up and get 'important' things done its too dark :(
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Illamasqua have a sale!!!!

I have Scorn on its way, for £5 instead of the usual £13? (I think?)
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    Illamasqua have a sale!!!!

I have Scorn on its way, for £5 instead of the usual £13? (I think?)

Ooooooh! I really like Scorn, my bottle has a big gap at the top where I've used at least a cm. That's very rare on my bottles! I am on a no-buy until at least the end of January. Shame, because I'm very tempted by the Viridian/Glitterati set.

Edit: oh noooo, they've also got Rampage for a fiver! Beth, you have to get Rampage so I can enjoy it vicariously through you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if I was a fan of greens, I definately would! I'm really into my reds, purpley reds, blacks etc at the minute, current favourite is Nails Inc Victoria! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got Viridian - goes on really patchy. V disappointing. Also got Obsess which I got at full price. Love this. Completely different consistency to the Viridian.

Now having to have a look at the sale. Just spotted Precision Ink in Glister which I've read rave reviews about so thats just fallen in my basket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up with a basket full on the Illamasqua website the other day, had to click off before I processed the order. Boyfriend has awoken a demon. (got me their mascara, eyeliner and topcoat for christmas!)
  • Options
    AnnieAppleAnnieApple Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Picked up some nail art pens in Primark yesterday Pack of two for £2, got a black and white and a pink and orange. they have two applicators a metal doting end and a thin brush. Also come with some gems. Seems a real bargain. Have been dotting on my nails today - not great but not too bad for a first attempt :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnieApple wrote: »
    Picked up some nail art pens in Primark yesterday Pack of two for £2, got a black and white and a pink and orange. they have two applicators a metal doting end and a thin brush. Also come with some gems. Seems a real bargain. Have been dotting on my nails today - not great but not too bad for a first attempt :)

That IS a bargain! I'll have to keep my eyes out for them and give them a try :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got Viridian - goes on really patchy. V disappointing. Also got Obsess which I got at full price. Love this. Completely different consistency to the Viridian.

Now having to have a look at the sale. Just spotted Precision Ink in Glister which I've read rave reviews about so thats just fallen in my basket.

yeah, I'm not that fussed about Viridian, it's Glitterati that I really want! I'm resisting though! I have far too much nail varnish!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some advice please, nail gurus! :) I've been using Shellac for ages but I need to go back to regular polish for a while. Which would you say are the best ranges to buy at the moment? My main considerations are: non-chip, good colour choice and price, probably in that order.

Thanks in advance xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it varies on the person (what doesn't chip on me does chip on my friend, and vice versa) but for me I think China Glaze lasts the best, that and Barry M. But chip resistance relies far more on preparation and base/topcoats than it does on brands, I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second Barry M, also Leighton Denny and nails inc but then again someone has said on their blog that it peels off their nails in an hour!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Thanks guys. I know I don't get on with Leighton Denny as I've tried it in the past, which is a shame as their colours are fabulous.

Is Barry M sold in Superdrug or am I thinking of something else? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Thanks guys. I know I don't get on with Leighton Denny as I've tried it in the past, which is a shame as their colours are fabulous.

Is Barry M sold in Superdrug or am I thinking of something else? :confused:

Yep, Superdrug and Boots, and online.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Great, thanks for the help. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I echo the good topcoat! If i don't have a good topcoat on its gone within a day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as for nails inc not staying on - I've got Victoria on at the moment, put it on on Tuesday night, no basecoat, Sally Hansen topcoat, 3 layers, and it's only just chipping now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nails inc lasts ages on me and my sisters as well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Thank you :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I would also say Barry M, particularly if you use their all in one basecoat, top coat and nail hardener. You'd probably get a week out of it if you re-applied the top coat once during the week. I dont you could beat Barry M when looking for quality and price.

However there is an indie brand called AEngland which is amazing! At the moment they are having a sale (finishes tommorrow (Tues 15th) so all polishes are £6 each (normally £9) Look at reviews anywhere on the internet and you will be told they are amazing. They go on like butter, most of the time you can get away with one coat and they last a long time with a top coat.

Oh and the colours are spectacular. Check out swatches online, because the pictures on the website do not do the polishes justice.My fav is Perceval, (metallic red). Princess Tears (holographic lilac) is also incredibly pretty.

http://www.a-england.co.uk/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    However there is an indie brand called AEngland which is amazing! At the moment they are having a sale (finishes tommorrow (Tues 15th) so all polishes are £6 each (normally £9) Look at reviews anywhere on the internet and you will be told they are amazing. They go on like butter, most of the time you can get away with one coat and they last a long time with a top coat.

Thanks!(I think) Just treated myself to a threesome (behave!) of polishes as I've always wanted to try these and at this fab price with free delivery it'd be rude not to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Illamasqua scorn arrived!
    I got an email this morning saying it would arrive between 13.21 and 14.21 - and it arrived about half 1! Amazing service!

One thing I would say if the amount of packaging! Whilst beautifully presented in a black box filled with black shredded paper, and the polish in a smaller box in the middle - whilst lovely, wasn't really needed!

As for the polish, I really like it, I'm considering doing diagonal gold tips at some point :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    Illamasqua scorn arrived!
    I got an email this morning saying it would arrive between 13.21 and 14.21 - and it arrived about half 1! Amazing service!

One thing I would say if the amount of packaging! Whilst beautifully presented in a black box filled with black shredded paper, and the polish in a smaller box in the middle - whilst lovely, wasn't really needed!

As for the polish, I really like it, I'm considering doing diagonal gold tips at some point :)

I'd love to see pictures!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to let you know, as well as my blog, I've got a new page on Facebook! You can 'like' it to stay up to date with all my latest designs and news as well as details about my upcoming online shop and product launch! :Dhttp://www.facebook.com/Tarastalons
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chick out my new design! Hahahahaha :D (it's not funny unless you see the design ......and even then you probably won't laugh :(:p) http://tarastalons.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/it-just-got-flocking-better.html