Moving house question

NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
Forum Member
Hey

I currently have Sky+HD. I am moving house and the new place only has one outlet Ariel which means I will only be able to watch and record the same channel, rather than watch 1 and record another.

Does anybody know if Sky will put in another outlet as part of the moving home package or does anybody have any ideas as to how I can solve this?

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaBadLad wrote: »
    Hey

I currently have Sky+HD. I am moving house and the new place only has one outlet Ariel which means I will only be able to watch and record the same channel, rather than watch 1 and record another.

Does anybody know if Sky will put in another outlet as part of the moving home package or does anybody have any ideas as to how I can solve this?

When you say 1 outlet, is it a house with it's own dish, or a flat with a communal system?

If house with own dish, then Sky will replace whats required, if flat with communial system, they won't.
  • NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Its a flat, there is one ariel thing that you screw the lead from the Sky box into, as there are 2 leads on the Sky plus box though i cant screw them both in.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a flat, there is one ariel thing that you screw the lead from the Sky box into, as there are 2 leads on the Sky plus box though i cant screw them both in.

Which goes back to the other question you never answered.

Is there a dedicated dish for that flat, where the lead comes from, or is it a communal system, with a central dish feeding all the flats?

Again, if the flat has it's own dedicated dish, it can be done, if not, then you need to speak to the management company of the flats to sort it out, Sky won't touch it.
    Forum Member
    Thank you for answering. I am not sure about the communal dish, I would suspect so. Looks like I best gte contacting the management company
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    How many flats are in the block ?
    Forum Member
    I am not too sure, About 30, maybe more
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not too sure, About 30, maybe more

It's bound to be a communal dish in that case.....call your management company.