Guns N' Roses Uk Tour

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone going to see gnr next week?friday night for me,cant wait.

Comments

• QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    If there's one thing you'll probably do, it's wait. They were 45 minutes late on stage last time I went to see them. Almost caused a riot. Amazing gig, but Axl Rose doesn't give two craps about fans.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Used to love them.But not any more.
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    If there's one thing you'll probably do, it's wait. They were 45 minutes late on stage last time I went to see them. Almost caused a riot. Amazing gig, but Axl Rose doesn't give two craps about fans.
    I'm not sure what you mean? I've never been to a gig where te main act give a set time when they are going to take the stage.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean? I've never been to a gig where te main act give a set time when they are going to take the stage.

I've never been to a gig where there's a (sorry, it was actually an hour and 45 minutes) gap between the support band going off, and the main act taking to the stage. Rose is renound for pulling crap like this. Rumour is, he wouldn't go on stage until he'd been cooked a full roast dinner.

The man is an absolute b*stard.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've also sacked off black spiders. I wouldn't waste my money on a ticket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hey i just wondered have you recieved your ticket yet ? for the glasgow show im going too ? wb asap
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    Honestly from what i've read about Guns, Axl has kept up this schicht for so long now, that I think anyone who buys a ticket would do so knowing that Axl would be late instead of bottling him on stage or whatever or kicking up a fuss

That's not defending him of course, but it's nothing new that hasn't happened for years now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mchale49 wrote: »
    Hey i just wondered have you recieved your ticket yet ? for the glasgow show im going too ? wb asap

Yeah we got ours through around 3 weeks ago now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they're playing Liverpool tonight and one of my friends has been keeping me updating, Axl and the band took to the stage at 11!!! That's 1and1/2 hours later than billed!

Really unfair to the fans who maybe needed to catch the last train home, reckon there'll be a lot of people sleeping in the station tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody threw a cup of some liquid over Axl during Welcome to the Jungle and he left the stage but came back on 15 minutes later.

The band were greeted by A LOT of booing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend has missed her deadline for the review to go into the local newspaper and she's threatened to give the band a 0/10 review.

Also, the liquid was apparently urine! (eww)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ughh, I used to love them. No respect for people who get cant afford to get home. They have lost reality because they have money.

2 of my faves, Madonna, always late and I love her! The other, Prince isnt late but they dont tell you he might be on for over 3 hours and dont know when to leave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    axl obviously enjoys paying the fines for going over the curfews
  • Mr PerksMr Perks Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose is a **** and always has been and GnR without Slash is not GnR. So why pay good money to go and be disappointed?
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I've seen them 3 times, in 88, 91 and 92.
    An excellent band.

Now they're just Axl plus hired hands. Given that and Roses extreme tardiness, I wouldn't bother now.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Band has already clarified that it is nothing to do with them but came from tour management instead. Apart from Axl, I'm pretty sure most of the current band members are happily married.

Axl isn't really as late as people make out. Some folks were saying he was an hour 45 min late coming on in Dublin - which is true, if you look at the advertised starting time. In reality, Thin Lizzy played 45 min past their allotted time, and GNR took to the stage 30-45 min later. Perfectly reasonable timings for a big stage act.

There are very, very few bands in the world who are putting on a two-and-a-half to three hour show. Even the likes of Iron Maiden, Metallica and AC/DC, with larger discographies, don't do that. People should stop complaining - it's f**king rock n' roll for three hours. If you're worrying about the last train home you've sort of missed the point.
  • SmidgethecatSmidgethecat Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I saw the original line-up at Gateshead Stadium year and they one of the best live bands around.

I've seen what is called Guns N Roses now live and there just aren't good tbh and Bucket head just is nowhere near as good Slash on guitar.

Apart from the fact they probably won't release another album for 5 years I won't be seeing them this time around as the original line was really the best ;).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the original line-up at Gateshead Stadium year and they one of the best live bands around.

I've seen what is called Guns N Roses now live and there just aren't good tbh and Bucket head just is nowhere near as good Slash on guitar.

Apart from the fact they probably won't release another album for 5 years I won't be seeing them this time around as the original line was really the best ;).

Technic wise bucket is more advanced than slash and thats coming from a lifelong slash fan and guitarist btw,both are 2 of the finest players on the planet but their styles differ greatly.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even back then 1992 as i remember it was the third or forth incarnation of the band so not oringinal line up. I have seen GnR 5 times over the last 24 years and to be honest the best concert was at Newcastle Arena 4 years aggo, the clasic line up was all full of ego and were pretty sloppy as a live band. The new guys ae scared they will get fired if they suck so they play realy well.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Plenty of 2-4-1 tickets flying about on Groupon and the like. Oh dear.
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got tickets to see GN'R at O2 Arena on 1st June and (having seen them live before) won't be expecting Axl on stage till well past 10pm and the gig to finish till well after midnight... However I am slightly surprised to read that the gigs on this tour appear to be finishing around 2am!

Guess we'll be heading to the after party at Pround2 till the trains start running again in the morning.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Band has already clarified that it is nothing to do with them but came from tour management instead. Apart from Axl, I'm pretty sure most of the current band members are happily married.

Axl isn't really as late as people make out. Some folks were saying he was an hour 45 min late coming on in Dublin - which is true, if you look at the advertised starting time. In reality, Thin Lizzy played 45 min past their allotted time, and GNR took to the stage 30-45 min later. Perfectly reasonable timings for a big stage act.

There are very, very few bands in the world who are putting on a two-and-a-half to three hour show. Even the likes of Iron Maiden, Metallica and AC/DC, with larger discographies, don't do that. People should stop complaining - it's f**king rock n' roll for three hours. If you're worrying about the last train home you've sort of missed the point.

I'm sorry, I completely disagree.

People pay a lot of money to see a band like Guns 'n' Roses these days and it shouldn't be too much for such a band to treat the fans with a little respect.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, I completely disagree.

People pay a lot of money to see a band like Guns 'n' Roses these days and it shouldn't be too much for such a band to treat the fans with a little respect.

Like I said, they're putting on a three-hour show.

I can't believe that after 25 years people buy tickets to see GNR and expect them to show up on time. No - they never have, and they never will. Make some alternative travel/accommodation arrangements. Why? Because it's worth it - it's a f**king three-hour show! You can count on one hand the number of acts putting on a three hour show.