Demons/Demons 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any fans of these italian horrors,i thought the first one was quite horrific as a kid lol there were people in my town taking it back to the video store saying it was too gory to watch,i guess folks were easier shocked back then,its quite a dark movie compared to the comical sequel,which was still kinnda enjoyable but goofy,the scene with the demon coming through the tv,could that have inspired the ring?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    First one is a classic of its' type - but the sequel is just a rehash and sucks big time.

I remember when the first one came out on Avatar video in the UK (back in 1986 or so) thinking that it was the most gory film ever. And, I found out later, that version was censored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i still have my bigbox vhs,still in pretty good nick as well lol yeah i didnt know there was anything cut either till i bought the dvd boxset type thingy and saw the scenes,its got directors cuts of both movies and an interview disc,havnt watched the 2nd one on dvd yet so dont know whats extra.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Demons' is a great film, a classic example of gory Italian horror and one of the best of the 1980s splatter films. 'Demons 2' has its moments but is really just a poor man's version of the original.