Jeremy Kyle New Series

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    If you mean yesterdays one, to sum it up....

17 year old girl is on first whos upset and angry because she lost her baby/fetus (relevance of this later) due to an ectopic pregnancy. She had a funeral and burial for the baby complete with headstone and a fence round the grave.

Her ex best friend and another girl were accused by her of smashing the fence, damaging the headstone and urinating on the grave (the three things they were questioned on in the lie detector).

The two girls come out and admit to damaging the fence and moving the headstone but say they only did it because the girl that lost her baby sent pictures on facebook of dead babies to one of them who was pregnant at the time and wished their baby dead. The girl denied setting up the facebook page but failed that in the lie detector.

At some point during all the shouting a lady piped up from the audience in support of the first girl (before the lie detector) as the two who trashed the grave believed that she shouldnt have had a funeral as it was a fetus not a baby and that she was only doing it for attention. The lady told a sad story about her son dying and how she would be devestated if his grave was damaged.

A third girl appeared who tried to make the point that the lady who lost her son lost him as an adult so she had the right to grieve and bury him wheras the other girl had lost a fetus so she should move on. This is the bit jeremy twisted. She said something like " your son was born, he lived, and then he died..." and before she could finish jeremy shouted at her for being vile to the woman. All she meant was the lady knew her son, he was a grown man and then he died wheras the first girl didnt even know her daughter so how could she be grieving as much? But jeremy didnt let her apologise for how it came out and kept on repeating how sick she was.

And then it kicked off with people running off backstage etc.

The story was pretty bad on its own as it involved the death of a fetus, damaging a grave and sending images of dead babies to pregnant women along with death wishes on unborn children. But what made it worse was the way jeremy seemed to relish every gory detail, repeating it over and over and twisting what everyone said to make it more scandelous. The lady in the audience was exploited as she broke down crying and jeremy rushed up to her, mic thrust in her face asking her the stupidest of things. I dont doubt that she really did lose her son but it seemed as though the producers knew this so sat her on the edge seat waiting for her to shout something out so it could create more drama.
    Thanks, I may have to cap this and watch when I get the time.

Looks like they're arguing on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152248447610061

Interesting. Makes my life look better/more normal I suppose.

Hmmmm... I'll figure out a way how to download the episodes so I can watch when I get the time.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liquinn wrote: »

Do the security let the guests fight yet?

Pretty much. The guests are allowed to get right in each others faces, which wasn't the case until this year or maybe last year.

The show has become Jerry Springer UK. I liked it much more when it was less staged and less obvious. I can't believe it wins awards!
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Pretty much. The guests are allowed to get right in each others faces, which wasn't the case until this year or maybe last year.

The show has become Jerry Springer UK. I liked it much more when it was less staged and less obvious. I can't believe it wins awards!

You're spot on Starry Eyed. I think it started at the beginning of the last series and it's continued into these new episodes.

The producer's want to make it more confrontational and it seems that the guests are quite happy to ham it up for all it's worth just for the cameras.
    Recently, the behaviour of some of the guests is truly cringeworthy compared to a few years ago. :o
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    And what's that weird "pretend-banter-with-the-audience" thing he does as he glides along the stage at the start of the show, (his feet never quite leaving the floor? It's like he's on ice skates or something!) :)

He he, that really made me laugh Cathrin!

And something else he seems to continue to do more and more these days. It's when he gets into a guests face and repeats "Look at me, look at me, LOOK AT ME". One day someone's gonna say "No thanks, I'd rather not Jeremy"!! :D

How come everyone refers to him as 'Jez' when he reads their letters out on the 're-visit' shows? :confused:

One of my fave moments was the old woman who kept referring to him as 'Germany'!! :D
    Not forgetting the "Sat. Nav." man!!
  • IvorChestikoffIvorChestikoff Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    And something else he seems to continue to do more and more these days. It's when he gets into a guests face and repeats "Look at me, look at me, LOOK AT ME". One day someone's gonna say "No thanks, I'd rather not Jeremy"!! :D
    I'm hoping for the day when somebody turns right away from him, saying, "No thank you, I've just eaten and I want to keep it down, if you don't mind."
    Forum Member
    The problem with this show is, once you've saw one episode you've saw them all. But you could say that for any TV program I suppose.

Well, I would like to see the show move away from the DNA/lie detector stuff.
    Given the fact that the so-called lie detector "expert" on the show years back surfaced in the news a while ago (for lying to the police ... :D ) I wish somebody would do an expose of the pseudoscientific load of old nads that is the so-called lie detector.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/802727-tv-lie-detector-expert-bruce-burgess-lied-over-speeding-ticket
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for the day when somebody turns right away from him, saying, "No thank you, I've just eaten and I want to keep it down, if you don't mind."

:D...
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How come everyone refers to him as 'Jez' when he reads their letters out on the 're-visit' shows? :confused:

!!

It's bizarre isn't it? He seems to insert the word "Jez" every two seconds when he's reading out a letter from a guest. It's like: "Here's a statement from Bert and Mavis who were on the show last year: "Jez we're so glad we came on the show Jez you really helped us Jez and now Jez our relationship Jez is back on track thanks Jez."

......But no-one ever actually calls him Jez! :confused: The real giveaway came one time when he read out a quote given by a guest to the researcher before the show. Even then, he kept saying "Jez" over and over again as he read it out, even though the quote had been given to someone else so it would have made absolutely no sense for the guest to keep saying "Jez". I wonder if he's kind of programmed himself to keep putting the word "Jez" into these statements to show us all what a matey relationship he has with his guests? I can't believe all these people actually sat down and wrote "blah blah blah Jez blah blah blah Jez...."

Am I right in thinking he calls himself Jez on the radio? Maybe he gets mixed up and forgets where he is (like when he says to his guests on his British show "We have a saying in England..." :confused:) Either way, the Jez thing when he reads the letters really jars! :)

Totally agree that the lie detector should be looked into. Anyone notice they've quietly stopped giving a percentage rate for accuracy, yet the guests and audience still seem to believe in the results totally? Would you trust the results of a test when you'd been given no indication of its accuracy?
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old Jeremy, brushing aside the paedophile accusations to attack the man for drinking.

He is a proper pisshead though.
    Forum Member
    Totally agree that the lie detector should be looked into. Anyone notice they've quietly stopped giving a percentage rate for accuracy, yet the guests and audience still seem to believe in the results totally? Would you trust the results of a test when you'd been given no indication of its accuracy?

I'm not the only one, then, to have noticed that the thing that flashes up on screen when the lie detector appears has changed over time :D I can't remember the exact wording (perhaps someone can help here) but it used to be the case that it said something along the lines of "The lie detector is 99.6% [for example] accurate." Now it says something like "Its practitioners claim that the lie detector can attain a very high degree of accuracy, though this is disputed." Of course its practitioners claim that this useless quackery isn't useless quackery: people with an agenda to push or something to flog who openly demean and mock their products tend not to do very well. Yes, I'm looking at you, Gerald Ratner :)
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the lie detector should be replaced by waterboarding.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That rehab center must be over the wall or something for that man to keep coming back to collect the people so quick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    premixxed wrote: »
    I think that the lie detector should be replaced by waterboarding.

They could add some shampoo and shower gel to some of them oh... and maybe some toothpaste.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could add some shampoo and shower gel to some of them oh... and maybe some toothpaste.

Ha Ha Ha! :D
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not the only one, then, to have noticed that the thing that flashes up on screen when the lie detector appears has changed over time :D I can't remember the exact wording (perhaps someone can help here) but it used to be the case that it said something along the lines of "The lie detector is 99.6% [for example] accurate." Now it says something like "Its practitioners claim that the lie detector can attain a very high degree of accuracy, though this is disputed." Of course its practitioners claim that this useless quackery isn't useless quackery: people with an agenda to push or something to flog who openly demean and mock their products tend not to do very well. Yes, I'm looking at you, Gerald Ratner :)

BIB - I am sure that up until last year it was stated that the lie detector test was 96.8% accurate.

I have to say that in most of the cases I have seen (and I haven't seen all JK programmes) the person tested has owned up to cheating or whatever the test was about.

I have always felt uneasy about using the test on a family member accused of stealing jewellery or money. That should surely be a police matter.

The show on Monday shocked me - these girls were too young and (having seen some of their responses on F/B) uneducated, to even understand how serious their behaviour was, although I have not heard of having a grave/headstone for a 12 week foetus. Maybe I am wrong saying that - please correct me if that is the case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have every episode from September, October and November recorded; so when I get the time I'll watch them.

And about the lie detector... I guess it does destroy lives...

I'm just not sure why these people go onto national TV.

Well, since stopping watching JK I've been learning Spanish but I will need to get around watching it.

Apparently it's getting more like Springer though. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's was 'An Intervention Special' featuring alcoholics to be whisked away to rehab in a chav-mobile stretch limo. I intervened and switched it off.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urbanlady wrote: »
    Jeremy's views on non working parents/ teenagers etc having kids and claiming benefits whilst sitting around on their backsides smoking weed are bloody spot on. These people are the scum of society and I for one am happy they are exposed for what they are. Why should the average British taxpayer pay benefits for this load of scrotes. Seriously why? And I'm not talking about the unemployed who really want to work as I have every sympathy for anyone who wants to work but can't find a job but most of these people do need a good talking to! Go Jezza, the Government needs you!

People who claim benefits are scum? that's a good one.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's was 'An Intervention Special' featuring alcoholics to be whisked away to rehab in a chav-mobile stretch limo. I intervened and switched it off.

I saw a couple of minutes: Jeremy was humiliating a troubled alcoholic while the audience tittered and sneered at his confused state. At one point Jeremy taunted him: "You've been drinking today, haven't you?" Yet strangely, no-one asked if there are rules about putting people on TV while they're under the influence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a couple of minutes: Jeremy was humiliating a troubled alcoholic while the audience tittered and sneered at his confused state. At one point Jeremy taunted him: "You've been drinking today, haven't you?" Yet strangely, no-one asked if there are rules about putting people on TV while they're under the influence.

The programme is getting ridiculous. I am just waiting for a bell to be installed a la Jerry Springer show when it rings.. the interested parties start fighting.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    People who claim benefits are scum? that's a good one.

No, I think you need to read Urbanlady's post again.

People who claim benefits while sitting on their backsides smoking drugs are scum. And too bloody right as well.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    The programme is getting ridiculous. I am just waiting for a bell to be installed a la Jerry Springer show when it rings.. the interested parties start fighting.

No not jerry springer! Didnt they have a phrase or siren that went off allowing women to flash their breasts? Do we really want to see that on the jeremy kyle show :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    I agee there seems to be a lot more anger and voilence in this show. One of these days someone will head butt Jeremy !!!!

We can but dream.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junnja wrote: »
    We can but dream.
    I wonder how many times Jeremy's been hit by guests which they've cut from the episode...
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many times Jeremy's been hit by guests which they've cut from the episode...

The one where a guest chucked their lie detector results at Jeremy and it hit him on the back of the head :D I would watch that all day if I could :p