PayPal - pending transactions - changed card details

Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
Forum Member
✭✭
Got a couple of games pre-ordered with a company and I used PayPal as the payment method. My PayPal account is showing that these orders are pending and the credit card that the payment will come from.

Issue is I've since changed my credit card so the old one isn't valid (it was cancelled and replaced). I put the new card details into PayPal and tried to delete the old ones but it wouldn't let me due to these pending transactions.

So I phoned PayPal and asked them to update the transaction but they can't. They told me when the company goes to take payment there is a high chance it will get rejected.

So I phoned the gaming company and asked them what my options were. They seemed to be under the impression that when they go to take payment it will come from the new card which is now my primary card on the PayPal account. That the contract between them and PayPal is via my PayPal address and not the credit card details, i.e. it's PayPal that decides which card to charge.

I really don't know what to think. Has anyone got experience of this and knows what normally happens? I could cancel the orders and place them again but there is a special deal on and it might mess things up.

Comments

• abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness I haven't experienced the problem that you are having but if it was me I would just wait and see what happens when the company try to take the payment. If the new card is now your primary card then I don't see it being a problem.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest that is what I think too, that they will just take payment from whichever card is valid.

My main worry is I don't get them the day of release as I was planning on taking a day off work (got tons of holidays to use up!) :p