Options

Quizmania back on ITV1

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    BDGA wrote:
    'dappy?' Had to look up that in an urban dictionary.

I think you better watch out jaffered you may well be living up to your user name, if the Cat Porter, Kat Shoob and Beverley French fans come after a certain part of your anatomy. :p

I'm afraid it's just another stupid slur on The Mint. Kat Shoob aside (who is a relative newcomer), the other two female presenters have several years of live TV experience behind them.

To suggest that they are thick and the Quizmania presenters are the only ones with something between their ears is ridiculous. Pathetic even, when you consider the poster (jaffered) cannot even put together a coherent sentence. What's between his ears? Not much, evidently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greggles wrote:
    How wonderful it was to see Quizmania's Greg Scott back on ITV1 last night.

One of this country's most talent, under-used, under-rated, and under-paid presenters, it can surely only be a matter of time before he lands a major prime-time game-show.

Thank you.

Greg Scott.

Totally agree ITV needs more yakka Bakakkas and wadge etc
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg's the only presenter currently who can pull it off on ITV1. Lottie and Kirsty could also make an impact if the management gave them the opportunity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i caught a bit of this last night. I havent seen either mint or this for a while but they seemed to be giving away a lot more money than mint does?? (It was still the worst thing since..ummm.. unsliced bread?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg's the only presenter currently who can pull it off on ITV1. Lottie and Kirsty could also make an impact if the management gave them the opportunity.

I agree that Lottie and Kirsty could be good on ITV 1 too and I think Nigel and Chuck go down well on the channel also, well they did last time but as you say the only QM presenter that can really pull it off on ITV 1 to the point of having you crying with laughter, and I mean that in a good way, is the legendary Mr Yakka Bakakkas aka Greg Scott
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! I just got through on the free web entry. No, I didn't win. Pah.
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    I got through on WebEntry 3 times in the last 2weeks after spending 8weeks trying !! lol 1st time i made it through i won £25 which was last week, other 2 times i didnt have a right answr but still happy with £25 for now.

Someone call in and say P.E. i dont think anyone said that yet
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    jaffered wrote:
    i am so happy QM is back , i personally think that the mint was a load of rubbish and completely dappy presenters unlike QM who actually have something between there ears

Yeh presenters that interact with cardboard cut outs of Morgan Freeman, puppets and gnomes. It's like a kids programme.

Give me Brian and Cat on the Mint any day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a case of sour grapes with ITV. Quizmania is still proving to be more popular, than their own show The Mint. So they come up with a scenario, where The Mint is not going be in direct competition with Quizmania for most of the week probably hoping to gain it's viewers.

The Mint is an independent production, not an ITV production, same as Quizmania.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've got a free web entry a few times now - on the mint tho. but never through to the studio :confused::(
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh presenters that interact with cardboard cut outs of Morgan Freeman, puppets and gnomes. It's like a kids programme.

Give me Brian and Cat on the Mint any day.
    What where all the presenters insist on trying to fool the viewers into thinking that they all live and film in the Mint mansion, and not a TV studio. And also sometimes interact with a champagne bottle on screen. :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KIIS102 wrote:
    Someone call in and say P.E. i dont think anyone said that yet
    they just did :p
    i only just turned over - how come history is 1st? how much for? i thought they put difficult ones at top?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they just did :p
    i only just turned over - how come history is 1st? how much for? i thought they put difficult ones at top?

History wasn't worth anything it's just an example of the sort of thing they are looking for on the tower
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Whew, it's a while since I've watched any late night quiz shows, but I'm glad Quizmania is back on ITV1. I haven't watched much of it yet, but it looks like they have kept the quality values of before by including the cameramen in the show from time-to-time [Flash is a star].

That they've switched Quizmania back to ITV1 while pushing The Mint out to ITV2 suggests the ratings (or phone-ins) for The Mint were less than what were expected. I won't for one minute say that Quizmania is quality entertainment; it is bottom of the barrel stuff and I'd rather have any old movie any day. What surprises me is that The Mint must not have performed up to expectations recently such that they are swapping the shows and reverting to Quizmania to see if it fares better.

Let's face it, they're both utter tosh, but I'd personally favour Quizmania just because it has a more personable feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzytart wrote:
    History wasn't worth anything it's just an example of the sort of thing they are looking for on the tower
    aaah i see. thanks! i wondered that last night too when they had mastermind at top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What where all the presenters insist on trying to fool the viewers into thinking that they all live and film in the Mint mansion, and not a TV studio.

They have actually laughed and referred to it as a studio, there is no attempt to hoodwink the, I'm sure, intelligent viewers.
    That they've switched Quizmania back to ITV1 while pushing The Mint out to ITV2 suggests the ratings (or phone-ins) for The Mint were less than what were expected.

From what I've heard this is not the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Actually, from what I have heard it is exactly the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soon the quiz bubble will burst (for how much longer will people keep running up big phone bills without ever winning) and we will get proper nighttime TV back.

Bring back Entertainment Now!
  • Options
    BDGABDGA Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    julienina wrote:
    Actually, from what I have heard it is exactly the case.
    Have you written proof of this, as I have heard differently from very reliable sources.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BDGA wrote:
    Have you written proof of this, as I have heard differently from very reliable sources.
    Please don't tell me the reliable source you've heard it from, is a website/forum for quiz channels. And you foolishly think that it has to be the gods honest truth. :eek:
  • Options
    May BlossomMay Blossom Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BDGA wrote:

This never ending debate about ratings for The Mint makes me laugh. These tv shows are NOT about ratings but about revenue from tele lines. Any decision taken by ITV to move shows / timings is driven purely by money - ie: no. of people phoning in.

MB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's more likely that ITV are using both shows to maximise their revenues.

If they feel that people might get fed up of watching The Mint all week, then at the weekend they give them something different in Quizmania. Increasing their likelihood of maintaining an audience, and more importantly people phoning in.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they never promote the free web entry on air though. I guess if they did, they'd never make any money.....
  • Options
    BDGABDGA Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This never ending debate about ratings for The Mint makes me laugh. These tv shows are NOT about ratings but about revenue from tele lines. Any decision taken by ITV to move shows / timings is driven purely by money - ie: no. of people phoning in.

MB

Therefore just to expand on what you are saying....
    Monday to Thursday ITV 1 have their Entertainment/Quiz show 'The Mint' that brings in great viewing figures. Those viewers then roll over to Quizmania - Friday to Sunday which as simply a quiz show brings in more cash.
    Added to that they have the extra income from ITV2.

They also give out mixed information for he change of schedule that keeps fans of both shows debating the merits of each show on forums. Which in turn brings in viewers just to check out what the hell it's all about.

Win Win Win for ITV! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    May BlossomMay Blossom Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BDGA wrote:
    Therefore just to expand on what you are saying....
    Monday to Thursday ITV 1 have their Entertainment/Quiz show 'The Mint' that brings in great viewing figures. Those viewers then roll over to Quizmania - Friday to Sunday which as simply a quiz show brings in more cash.
    Added to that they have the extra income from ITV2.

They also give out mixed information for he change of schedule that keeps fans of both shows debating the merits of each show on forums. Which in turn brings in viewers just to check out what the hell it's all about.

Win Win Win for ITV! :rolleyes:

Why do you keep going back to viewing figures they are irrelevant - this genre is all about tele calls. It doesn't matter how many are watching The Mint if they don't phone in ITV are not bothered. The only reason they introduced guests onto The Mint was that they thought they would attract 'other' people who would then get drawn into phoning in to win prizes. The reality appears to be that many quiz show tv participants want this very thing not getting it mudded by Z-list celebs.

MB