Options

Advice needed for buying a new phone

T--JT--J Posts: 19,550
Forum Member
✭✭
OK, I've only ever had cheap phones on Pay-As-You-Go, as I rarely use it to call out (£10 vouchers can last months! :eek: :o:D ), it's mostly used for people to get in touch with me and for emergencies. But my Sagem MY3020 on T-Mobile is playing up and it's time for a new one. With all the extra's on phones these days, I figured I just as well get a good one which will be useful for other things too. I would like to get one for less than £150 (but will pay more if necessary) and I have a list of priorities in the following order:

Speakerphone (for driving - with no hassle of connecting wires)
Camera* (with easy transfer of pictures to the pc)
Video capture capability*
Good battery life
Smallish
Looks nice (probably 'clam' style)
Use abroad (does it cost a fortune on PAYG though?)

*I already have a digital camera and digicam which the phone would not be replacing, as I know the quality would not compare, but I would like it to be able to give fairly good results for spur of the moment things.

I'm not interested in using it to play games, I never send texts because I just find it far easier to phone instead (maybe that would change, if I had one that was quick to use!) and I don't think I'd use it to access the internet although I may find that useful in the future.

Any (relevant! ;)) recommendations or advice appreciated.

Thanks.

TJ :)

Comments