Cut scene from tonight's episode

2»

Comments

• TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just noticed another small scene cut from the aired episode of Robots of Sherwood.

When the Doctor and Robin first meet they have a sword/spoon fight on a log bridge. When Robin cuts a button off the Doctor's jacket the Doctor stands, open-armed, and allows Robin to lunge at him. The Doctor then spins, so that the two are back to back, and nudges Robin into the water.

In the leaked version, the Doctor clearly lifts his heal and kicks Robin in the balls but in the aired version this has been cut.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2wqr7o5.jpg
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes, because ball kicking is on par with beheading as a bad thing - although stabbing through the stomach and cutting off of arms is okay.

Jeez, can't anyone keep up with moral standards. It's elementary stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most interesting thing about this to me is that they used part of a Woodkid track as a stand-in for the (apparently unfinished) Murray Gold piece in the leaked rough cut.

If Murray Gold ever leaves, Woodkid would be one hell of a replacement. ;-)
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    The most interesting thing about this to me is that they used part of a Woodkid track as a stand-in for the (apparently unfinished) Murray Gold piece in the leaked rough cut.

If Murray Gold ever leaves, Woodkid would be one hell of a replacement. ;-)

Just a warning - the link goes to youtube and a rather "forcecful" audio track that autoruns when the page is loaded. If you click on it with your speakers on and aren't expecting it - like I just did - cos it opens in a background tab, you may need a change of underwear :)
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    boiling a person alive in liquid gold = good.
    The hand sticking out reminded me of Terminator 2
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I've just noticed another small scene cut from the aired episode of Robots of Sherwood.

When the Doctor and Robin first meet they have a sword/spoon fight on a log bridge. When Robin cuts a button off the Doctor's jacket the Doctor stands, open-armed, and allows Robin to lunge at him. The Doctor then spins, so that the two are back to back, and nudges Robin into the water.

In the leaked version, the Doctor clearly lifts his heal and kicks Robin in the balls but in the aired version this has been cut.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2wqr7o5.jpg

The strange thing about them cutting this is the fact that Robin uses the same move at the end to defeat the Sheriff. Because he learned it from the Doctor. And the kick remained in the second one!
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    The strange thing about them cutting this is the fact that Robin uses the same move at the end to defeat the Sheriff. Because he learned it from the Doctor. And the kick remained in the second one!

True, but Robin kicks the sheriff in the ankle, rather than in the balls, which explains why the sheriff loses his balance and falls in the furnace..

In the aired episode, with the Doctor's kick to Robin's balls removed, Robin appears to fall in the water for absolutely no reason.