Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Take £80m and give it to Newcastle for the 3 players we all know about. Job done!
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hi everyone :)

I'm an LFC fan so obviously I'm please City won it but aside from that there is a small part of me that actually feels sorry for you! it must be horrible losing it like that, unlucky and good luck for next season :)
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    In no more than 1500 words please explain your reasons as to why and what sort of excuses that you think may be made please.

Well quite frankly, at the end of the day when all's said and done, it comes down to the result on the day, and if Fergie isn't able to get the lads to give 1000%, then he's got no place being manager.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clarky323 wrote: »

I'm an LFC fan so obviously I'm please City won it but aside from that there is a small part of me that actually feels sorry for you! it must be horrible losing it like that, unlucky and good luck for next season :)

No problem. We will be back.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't Liverpool lose the league on goal difference against Arsenal one season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Take £80m and give it to Newcastle for the 3 players we all know about. Job done!

I think there are better players elsewhere tbh.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Respect to yourself.;)

It's definitely gutting, but you don't need me to tell you that, because you guys have had the same thing in 1989 & it hurts, but I hope we can do what you guys did & win it back the following season.:cool:;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really, like Cantona07 said, we came closer than we really should have.

And as I have said, I don't buy this "amazing" finish for a second. Man city could have destroyed QPR if they wanted in the first half, but decided to wait til later because... well that's what they do, a big wind up club. Expect news articles, posters and adverts all over Manchester soon. It's what they do.

Only the joke is on everyone and every team, as they have just bought the league, and it's only a matter of time before they buy europe too.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    Well quite frankly, at the end of the day when all's said and done, it comes down to the result on the day, and if Fergie isn't able to get the lads to give 1000%, then he's got no place being manager.

So as we won 1-0 and not the 10-0 we needed to claw back our goal difference then he needs to be sacked? I don't know a decent red that hasn't picked holes in this team at some point this year for what ever reason. We all know it isn't the strongest we had, but till 30 seconds before the end of the season we were champions, we only lost it on goal difference. So hmmmm why I bite I don't know, but you've gone from the silliest quote of the day to one even sillier.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Before the game I was fully accepting of it and just wanted the day to be over. By 87 mins I was a believer :(

Same here. It was the outcome I expected, but not like that. I thought we had it once it went to stoppage time. I turned over to the city game about 5 seconds before Aguero smashed the winner :(
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I wish I was 8 yrs old. Kids are playing in the cul de sac - some in City shirts and some Utd. Not a single City one went indoors when they won to watch the tv - just carried on playing football. So uncomplicated.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    So as we won 1-0 and not the 10-0 we needed to claw back our goal difference then he needs to be sacked? I don't know a decent red that hasn't picked holes in this team at some point this year for what ever reason. We all know it isn't the strongest we had, but till 30 seconds before the end of the season we were champions, we only lost it on goal difference. So hmmmm why I bite I don't know, but you've gone from the silliest quote of the day to one even sillier.

There's games they lost that they should've won because of Fergie's poor tactical choices though. Rooney's not been pulling his weight either.

In some ways this would be an excellent opportunity for them to have a good spring clean at Manchester United and get rid of some of the players who simply aren't pulling their weight.

Some fresh faces, a fresh new manager, it's the only way.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Busy transfer season I think, some new players need to come in and we all know in what positions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right . Job ****ed. On to the next one.

Lets start looking to next season.

Budget? Signings? players going?
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niall Quinn really does get on my nerves, and Summerbee.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Same here. It was the outcome I expected, but not like that. I thought we had it once it went to stoppage time. I turned over to the city game about 5 seconds before Aguero smashed the winner :(

I was mentally composing a text to my boss asking for an emergency days holiday and wondering if my red dress needed ironing before I went out :(
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    Niall Quinn really does get on my nerves, and Summerbee.

Hate is a very strong emotion, and not one I throw around very easily, but that c**t is one of a select few I reserve it for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's games they lost that they should've won because of Fergie's poor tactical choices though. Rooney's not been pulling his weight either.

In some ways this would be an excellent opportunity for them to have a good spring clean at Manchester United and get rid of some of the players who simply aren't pulling their weight.

Some fresh faces, a fresh new manager, it's the only way.

That's what I do agree with you on.
  • Options
    Flagg613Flagg613 Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day. I don't think our Season in the League as been that bad, I mean we came 2nd and only lost out because of a injury time comeback and Goal Difference.

It's our progress in the cups what has got to me.
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ben Arfa, Cisse + ? Cabaye, Ba, Toite was linked with you guys a while back as well.

Newcastle have got so many good players at the moment, will be very interesting to see which of them they can keep hold of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sir Alex Ferguson congratulates City on their title win.

Class.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Hate is a very strong emotion, and not one I throw around very easily, but that c**t is one of a select few I reserve it for.

Summerbee cant stand the man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Ben Arfa, Cisse + ? Cabaye, Ba, Toite was linked with you guys a while back as well.

Newcastle have got so many good players at the moment, will be very interesting to see which of them they can keep hold of.

Ben Arfa, Tiote and Cabaye.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right . Job ****ed. On to the next one.

Lets start looking to next season.

Budget? Signings? players going?

I know I've got broken record syndrome, but we need a midfield enforcer; dare I say, someone like Yaya Toure, someone that can drag us through tough games against top sides.

Obviously Toure is a no-no, but someone who can do a similar job.

That's just for starters.
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Didn't Liverpool lose the league on goal difference against Arsenal one season?

They actually lost on goals scored to Arsenal in 1989, that's how tight it was.
This discussion has been closed.