1717273747577»

Comments

• Options
    lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I miss Dallas this week :(

I recorded it as its on late for me, and used to watch it Wednesday nights instead..so im rather bored now :(

same:(
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What storylines and characters would others like to see in season 3?

I would like to see James Beaumont, Calley's child & Jenna's son Lucas, the first two fighting Jon Ross for a share of JR's estate, with Lucas & Christopher at loggerheads.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    For Series 3, I'd like to see Lucy and Ray Krebbs back for a few juicy storylines (not together!) but they ARE Ewings after all aren't they?! And Gary and Valene have still some problems to solve. Would love to see some other 'Knots Landing' residents too....how about Abby Cunningham?!:D She was the female JR of the Cul -de- Sac !
  • Options
    mccaffepmccaffep Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Having seen the final episode, I just feel that the new series has been a bit of a missed opportunity. No mention of Ewing Oil or Weststar, poor use of other original supporting characters, killing off Pam & Katherine etc. Cliff's personality change is bad enough, persuading his daughter to marry Christopher & become pregnant by him as part of some scheme to destroy the Ewings at a time when they were out of business & no threat to him, but Bobby's is even worse. I'm surprised that Bobby went along with JR's master plan to frame Cliff. To justify it by saying its about bringing an end to the Ewing/Barnes feud doesn't make sense given that the feud would probably have ended with JR's death as he was the main driving force behind it. I had hoped that the master plan would have been about getting the name Ewing Oil back from Cliff as there's not the same excitement or interest in a battle for Ewing Enterprises/Ewing Global/Southfork. If you watch the original series it was all about having season long story arcs that built up to the end of season cliffhanger. I just feel that the new series is not a patch on the original.
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are 'Emma' and 'Elena'?:confused:

I wondered that as well.
  • Options
    Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I've missed this thread!

Thanks for posting that article Jimmy, great pics. Although I'm not keen on Jesse Metcalfe's face fuzz :confused:

I've just ordered the series 1 DVD, series 2 doesn't seem to be out yet. I won't have a clue what's happened by the start of series 3 if I don't watch them again, and I think I missed a couple of series 1, so it will be good to see how everything fits together from the beginning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I would like to see James Beaumont, Calley's child & Jenna's son Lucas, the first two fighting Jon Ross for a share of JR's estate, with Lucas & Christopher at loggerheads.

I would like to see Lucy made a regular
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god its coming back. I have missed Josh Henderson and his texan drawl.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Thank god its coming back. I have missed Josh Henderson and his texan drawl.

He is a great casting for John Ross!
  • Options
    mccaffepmccaffep Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Watching the reruns of the original series on CBS Drama it seems to me that Dallas in its first seven seasons is far better than the current remake especially in the writing & the way that each episode builds up to the end of season cliffhanger
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am confused in the original Dallas Donna is writing a book and in Knots Landing Val is errr writing a book. :confused:

Why would they do the same storyline in both shows at the same time.
  • Options
    Rozzi RainbowRozzi Rainbow Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I've just started re-watching season 1 - it's going to take some getting my head around with John Ross's wife Pamela going back to being Christopher's wife Rebecca, and Elena being back with John Ross!! It will keep me going for now until season 3.
  • Options
    mark27bmark27b Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I am confused in the original Dallas Donna is writing a book and in Knots Landing Val is errr writing a book. :confused:

Why would they do the same storyline in both shows at the same time.

As both shows had the same production studio it's not unprobable they just decided to use it in both the same way as say Casualty/Holby City/Holby Blue may have.

Donna writing her book in Dallas from a look on the interweb seems to be around ep.5 "Acceptance" of s.5 airing in 1982. Val writing her book in Knots Landing seems to be around ep.2 ‘Daniel’ of s.4 1982
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭