1280 call prefix

Does anyone know what call providers block the 1280 prefix( to take the call over BT)
Thanks

Comments

• HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Those which purchase WCLI 'calltime' from BTW.

There may be others but I'm aware of Talk Talk, Sky Talk, Orange and AOL.

BTW, they don't actually block 1280, it's just that use of WCLI means calls are already being carried on the BT network so the 1280 prefix can't re-route them onto it, they're already there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Heinz wrote: »
    Those which purchase WCLI 'calltime' from BTW.

There may be others but I'm aware of Talk Talk, Sky Talk, Orange and AOL.

BTW, they don't actually block 1280, it's just that use of WCLI means calls are already being carried on the BT network so the 1280 prefix can't re-route them onto it, they're already there!

This is not the case - these companies CHOOSE to prevent you from reverting to using the BT network using 1280. I would always make a couple of calls on BT to get the free Caller Display via BT privacy which you need to make 2 calls a month (even if they were free). Sky then blocked using 1280 to Sky Talk customers meaning BT lines may need to pay the caller display fee because they don't reach the minimum call requirement. Using WCLI just allows the providers to prevent using BT, it is not a requirement.
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjuk wrote: »
    This is not the case - these companies CHOOSE to prevent you from reverting to using the BT network using 1280. I would always make a couple of calls on BT to get the free Caller Display via BT privacy which you need to make 2 calls a month (even if they were free). Sky then blocked using 1280 to Sky Talk customers meaning BT lines may need to pay the caller display fee because they don't reach the minimum call requirement. Using WCLI just allows the providers to prevent using BT, it is not a requirement.

Caller display comes free if your line is rented from Sky - as does the basic 1571 answering service. £10/month all in.
    Forum Member
    This is not the case - these companies CHOOSE to prevent you from reverting to using the BT network using 1280. Using WCLI just allows the providers to prevent using BT, it is not a requirement.
    If you say so.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry but you are speaking rubbish.

Heinz is correct.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Interesting - what's WCLI?
    Forum Member
    Interesting - what's WCLI?
    It's the acronym for the product BT Wholesale now offers - WCLI = Wholesale Calls, Line Independent.