any new shows out there thats worth a watch?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone got any new shows or older shows that are worth a watch?

Need a new show to get into.

Seen
Falking skies
Breaking bad
Under the dome
Banshee
Siberia
Lost
Shameless us
Ray donovan
The neighbors.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member

Seen
    Falking skies
    Breaking bad
    Under the dome
    Banshee
    Siberia
    Lost
    Shameless us
    Ray donovan
    The neighbors.

There are plenty to watch.

Sons Of Anarchy is decent. House of Cards is definitely recommend. A real quality show. Hannibal that has just finished was a real gripping drama. If you haven't seen Dexter, give that a watch. Homeland of course is quality.

Two new shows are Ray Donovan and Low Winter Sun. Give those a try. Obviously to watch all of these would take a lot of work. lol. But, you have a nice list to choose from there.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orphan Black
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orange is the New Black :D

Easily the best new sow of the year!
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Orange is the New Black :D

Easily the best new sow of the year!

Another vote for Orange is the New Black.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Orange is the New Black.

And another from me
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seen
    Falking skies
    Breaking bad
    Under the dome
    Banshee
    Siberia
    Lost
    Shameless us
    Ray donovan
    The neighbors.

Bates Motel and Orange Is The New Black.
  • Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one for Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones is brilliant too IMO.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boardwalk empire is brilliant. Also they're not new but buffy and angel are amazing
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scandal, Revenge. The Newsroom which I'm yet to see myself yet is good to apparently!
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxwell and King
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Maxwell and King
    King and Maxwell ;)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a US show but Broadchurch is amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Hannibal is brilliant. As is Dexter. Game of Thrones is alright, but based on the list of shows you've seen, I'm not sure you'd like it.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to have loads on planner but now nothing, going to give Under the Dome ago, but most of what we watch is off air at this time, hurry back Elementry, Bones, NCIS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds, Revolution,Strike back I heard is back soon, Stella, The Good Wife, Game of Thrones, to name a few, wish I had got into Ray Donavan have to have alook on player, mind you I have 3episodes of Luther which tbh I cant be bothered with.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A daft show that nobody is talking about is Whodunnit - it's a reality contest where 13 people start out in a big house, one is "killed" and they know another one of them is the murderer... they try and solve the crime, whoever is furthest from the solution is murdered that night, next episode the remaining contestants try and solve it and so on until the end (which is next week) and the last person standing gets $250,000...

It's very camp and arch (especially the English butler "Giles"), but it's been really well "cast", everyone takes it nicely seriously, the puzzles are intriguing, and I've really enjoyed it lots more than I thought I would. Ratings have been average at best, but I assume it's dirt cheap to make compared to scripted shows, so I hope it comes back next year... check it out if you like the sound of it, but if you don't like the first episode, ditch it, as I can't honestly say it gets "better", though some intriguing teams do start to form as time goes on...
  • tigertimtimtigertimtim Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    not mentioned yet but better than thoose so far listed is Vikings:]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orange is the new black & Breaking bad. Both brilliant. Netflix really is great right now.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty to watch.

Sons Of Anarchy is decent. House of Cards is definitely recommend. A real quality show. Hannibal that has just finished was a real gripping drama. If you haven't seen Dexter, give that a watch. Homeland of course is quality.

Two new shows are Ray Donovan and Low Winter Sun. Give those a try. Obviously to watch all of these would take a lot of work. lol. But, you have a nice list to choose from there.
    orangebird wrote: »
    Orange is the new black & Breaking bad. Both brilliant. Netflix really is great right now.

Someone didn't read the OP ;)
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody really mentions Rectify, from the producers of Breaking Bad.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/combined

Daniel Holden must put his life back together after serving 19 years on Georgia's Death Row before DNA evidence calls his conviction into question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The OP isn't doesn't state that all those programmes have been watched - I read it as inviting suggestions/opinions on those listed. Seen should have a : after it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member

Alright smarty pants.

Obviously Ray Donovan hasn't finished Season 1 yet so I was just providing an opinion of shows available to watch right now. ;)

Another one worth checking out is The Returned. It is very eerie and chilling throughout but the show is excellent. It offers superb performances along with great scenery. It is all about the suspense and atmosphere, with a lot left to the imagination. As long as you don't mind subtitles, this is certainly worth a watch. To be honest, it is so gripping, you tend to forget you are even reading subtitles as stupid as that sounds.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive got to add orange is the new black in this thread. Its awesome. Ive just finished the marathon off and its up there for me with season 1 of breaking bad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Nobody really mentions Rectify, from the producers of Breaking Bad.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/combined

Daniel Holden must put his life back together after serving 19 years on Georgia's Death Row before DNA evidence calls his conviction into question.

Watched the whole first season a few weeks ago of this, it's a quality show. It doesn't get much hype due to it not being on a major network but it really, really should do.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A daft show that nobody is talking about is Whodunnit - it's a reality contest where 13 people start out in a big house, one is "killed" and they know another one of them is the murderer...

I don't watch Reality TV but i will check this out. Thanks.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you've not already seen it, my first recommendation will always be The Shield.