Options

Moving line rental from Sky.

I currently have my phoneline rental and calls with Sky (moved to them from BT about 18 months ago)
When I moved to Sky, all I had to do was place an order with them, and they moved everything from BT and dealt with the cancellation.

I now want to move my line rental and calls (and my broadband, which is currently with O2 access) all to the PO.

I have phoned Sky for the procedure, but they are telling me (and are adament about it) that I have to cancel with them, lose my number and then place an order with the PO - then hope that the PO can get me my same number back.

Does this seem right? Surely I can just go to the PO, tell them what I have and what I want, and then they deal with everything, like Sky did when I moved to them?

Is this just a ploy by Sky to get me to think twice about jumping ship?

Any advice (especially by anyone who's made the move) would be appreciated.

I hope this is in the right section - I'm a newbie here!

Comments

• Options
    jake19801957jake19801957 Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mop-a-Top wrote: »
    I currently have my phoneline rental and calls with Sky (moved to them from BT about 18 months ago)
    When I moved to Sky, all I had to do was place an order with them, and they moved everything from BT and dealt with the cancellation.

I now want to move my line rental and calls (and my broadband, which is currently with O2 access) all to the PO.

I have phoned Sky for the procedure, but they are telling me (and are adament about it) that I have to cancel with them, lose my number and then place an order with the PO - then hope that the PO can get me my same number back.

Does this seem right? Surely I can just go to the PO, tell them what I have and what I want, and then they deal with everything, like Sky did when I moved to them?

Is this just a ploy by Sky to get me to think twice about jumping ship?

Any advice (especially by anyone who's made the move) would be appreciated.

I hope this is in the right section - I'm a newbie here!

is the po cheaper then sky .check that your landline as not been tagged otherwise it could cost you 125.00 to have a new one done
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would say place the order with post office, I moved from Sky to them without any bother at all, and Post Office did all the communication, I just received a letter from Sky saying that a new provider was going to take over the line and I had until 4pm the day before 'go-live' to stop this happening.

If they give you your mac code (if you have BB with them) then whichever broadband provider you move to will remove the tags on the line anyway, I've nver heard of anyone having to cancel, lose the number, then sign up, for what should be a like for like transfer of the line rental...

The only time a charge would apply is if its something similar to TalkTalk where they have their own LLU Line for the telephones?