bought secondhand dvd player can't use it

2»

Comments

• CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of Toshiba gear is just 'bought-in' anyway (not even made by Toshiba), so there's no guarantee it would have been any better.

Isn't the Bush name currently owned by Argos?.

That's where I got it from but I had/have no clue who owns the Bush name.

I am though very happy with my purchase. It works just fine and dandy too. Now I just need to find £10 more to get the 3 year cover. (I can get that up to 45 days after purchase so must have receipt safe)
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    That's where I got it from but I had/have no clue who owns the Bush name.

I am though very happy with my purchase. It works just fine and dandy too. Now I just need to find £10 more to get the 3 year cover. (I can get that up to 45 days after purchase so must have receipt safe)
    Bush is a badge now. All the kit bearing that name is made in either Turkey or China. And the same kit is sold under various badges all over the place. Often side by side on the same shelf!

I wouldn't bother with the 3yr cover frankly. If it never goes wrong then you've wasted ten quid. And if it does go wrong they will wriggle and squirm to get out of fixing it on some technicality or other that you will still have wasted ten quid! :D

Check the terms and conditions of the extended warranty very carefully (assuming they are available to read before purchase!). Be clear on what it does and doesn't cover and see whether what it does cover isn't also covered by any household insurance policy you have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Now I just need to find £10 more to get the 3 year cover. (I can get that up to 45 days after purchase so must have receipt safe)

Really really not worth it
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,429
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Bush is a badge now.

'Now' :p

It's been a badge since the late 70's/early 80's or so when RBM went bust (thanks to Toshiba funnily enough).