Options

direct save telecom

noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have anyone used them? I see they have FTTC for £31.50 a month, I think it is up to 38Mb/s download. I am not sure about upload.
I am going to send them a email and ask for more info.

But I just want to know if any one used them for broadband and what are they like.
Still looking at changing networks, not that I really want to.

Comments

• Options
    cosmic buttplugcosmic buttplug Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, not heard of DST but this lot seem to get a big thumbs-up from dudes with 'ethics'. If that sounds like yourself then have a nose.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    direct save telecom has a 60gb cap and restricts heavy downloads. https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/is-direct-save-telecom-any-good/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, not heard of DST but this lot seem to get a big thumbs-up from dudes with 'ethics'. If that sounds like yourself then have a nose.

They do not give much info about their service, I went part way through the sign up process and they seem intent in giving me ADSL only not FTTC. I went part way just to see if they gave me some more info.

Not that bothered about ethics to be honest and I do not see the Co-op being any more ethical than any other company.

thanks anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    direct save telecom has a 60gb cap and restricts heavy downloads. https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/is-direct-save-telecom-any-good/

Cheers for that. they do not seem to be that good. while that article would be about ADSL, not FTTc, I can not see them being much different with fibre.

So another provider off my list.
    The way it is going i will be staying where i am and wait until they sort out the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a reply from them

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm the following:

• FTTC service is 38Mb Download & 10Mb Upload

• Re-Activation of Telephone Line – free of charge with Fibre (£50 security payment taken at point of sale – refunded against the value of your first invoice). We would need your address to confirm the status of the line. Please note, if our checks revealed that a new line was required we can get this installed for you for £29.95 (BT charge £130), usually installation happens within three weeks of the order being placed, and

• Downloads are completely unlimited and NO traffic shaping is applied.

so it looks ok, but the amount of people complaining is a worry.

i have to make up my mind in the next few days if it takes three weeks to get it all sorted.