Prisoners Wives Series 2

Comments

• RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! I love this show so much. Cannot believe next week is the last episode. I hope we get a 3rd series but I have a feeling next week rounds up Harriet and Fran's storylines and without them I don't think the show will work :(

Well if Gavin stays banged up which looks likely she can still be in it and visit him but i actually think it can carry on for another series hopefully.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish she would just leave Gavin to himself as he seems like one of those people who can't be helped, and he isn't going to let his mum have a life.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise next week was the last one, what a shame. I hope that dishy neighbour of Harriet's pops up. What has the lady from Shamless's husband done? I missed the first one
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were there a couple of clues there to suggest Franny is not all she seems?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    another brilliant episode tonight. Can not believe its the last one next week!
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice touch, having Vicky and Waynetta Slob call a truce. This is the best thing on at the moment. Hope it comes back for a third series.
  • KentLassieKentLassie Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Were there a couple of clues there to suggest Franny is not all she seems?

I canNOT believe she encouraged her son to continue dealing with the only concern that he doesn't get caught. I always liked her, even though I thought she was incredibly stupid. Now it turns out she's also incredible evil!!!

So who's going to look after the daughter? Francesca's father hasn't told anyone where he's staying, or at least that was implied.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Nice touch, having Vicky and Waynetta Slob call a truce. This is the best thing on at the moment. Hope it comes back for a third series.

Yeah, I agree, the sofa scene was great
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was quite a sad one tonight. Poor Kim! The contrast of her drinking herself insensible from her "World's Best Mum" mug was very poignant. How badly it's all gone wrong for her.

Felt sorry for Fran's daughter (don't like the son). I guess maybe she'll have to stay with her grandfather now - it's pretty much that or going into care.

And poor Harriet! She's so nice to everyone; one of the few humorous bits in this episode was her trying to have a nice chat with Gavin's "girlfriend". Loved her consoling Kim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    They've done a good job in casting the chavs. The Kayleigh character was a classic .

Difficult to know where they are going with Franny. She didn't have anything directly to do with the murder , so I can't see how they can pin that on her , but of course the money laundering is a different matter. I think there might be an unexpected twist somehow .

Some quite disturbing scenes , but I am really enjoying this , pity it has to end so soon .
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doh! I meant Kim! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    They've done a good job in casting the chavs. The Kayleigh character was a classic .

Difficult to know where they are going with Franny. She didn't have anything directly to do with the murder , so I can't see how they can pin that on her , but of course the money laundering is a different matter. I think there might be an unexpected twist somehow .

Some quite disturbing scenes , but I am really enjoying this , pity it has to end so soon .

When Fran took the money from the safe she didn't care about keeping things undercover, and she just stalked out of the place without heeding the accountant's warnings. It seemed as though she didn't care about getting caught, so I wonder if she did a deal with the policewoman to catch the others?
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Fran took the money from the safe she didn't care about keeping things undercover, and she just stalked out of the place without heeding the accountant's warnings. It seemed as though she didn't care about getting caught, so I wonder if she did a deal with the policewoman to catch the others?

That's exactly what I'm wondering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Last nights episode was excellent. One of my fav shows on the telly at the moment.
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is a very good thought. I hope you are right. If you are not then the scriptwriters missed a good twist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely the best thing on TV atm!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooh, that's a clever theory, hope you're right!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I didn't realise next week was the last one, what a shame. I hope that dishy neighbour of Harriet's pops up. What has the lady from Shamless's husband done? I missed the first one

He was accused of abusing a little boy in the changing rooms after a football match. The boy is the son of the next door neighbour who she was sitting on the sofa with outside.
    Forum Member
    [/B]
    He was accused of abusing a little boy in the changing rooms after a football match. The boy is the son of the next door neighbour who she was sitting on the sofa with outside.

ah thanks, I missed the first one but then saw the next part and the mum was timing her boy to run home. Now I've found out she's been having an affair and got very confused. I'm sure it will all make a bit more sense next week, sad it's the last one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah thanks, I missed the first one but then saw the next part and the mum was timing her boy to run home. Now I've found out she's been having an affair and got very confused. I'm sure it will all make a bit more sense next week, sad it's the last one

The man she was having the affair with had witnessed the boy or the man leaving the changing room (can't remember which) but because they were having an affair this evidence was deemed inadmissable.
    Forum Member
    The man she was having the affair with had witnessed the boy or the man leaving the changing room (can't remember which) but because they were having an affair this evidence was deemed inadmissable.

thanks, my computer is so old I can't do iplayer:(
    So does it seem like the man she had the affair with may have set hubby up possibly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Is 4 Ep's enough to call this a series. Hugely Disappointed it is ending again already. I really like the show- very gripping but I would have expected 6 Ep's per series at least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, that's a clever theory, hope you're right!

I hope so too. It'll make a change as my theories are usually way out. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is 4 Ep's enough to call this a series. Hugely Disappointed it is ending again already. I really like the show- very gripping but I would have expected 6 Ep's per series at least.

Yes, it's over before it's even started. It's sad that one of the best TV series is such a short one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks, my computer is so old I can't do iplayer:(
    So does it seem like the man she had the affair with may have set hubby up possibly?

That doesn't seem to have been an option so far, but you never know.

Her neighbour said she would speak to her son again so maybe that will shed some light on it.