Options

Google maps route 66 help

InsanepersonInsaneperson Posts: 1,410
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This map appears to be very useful and extremely detailed:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103091288531849454697.00000110c8a5f698f5e8b

However, when you scroll down and click on the different segments of the journey, there doesn't appear to be any turn by turn directions like google normally gives. Could someone please explain how to get these please?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't looking for directions, just reading out hotspot placements.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103091288531849454697.00000110c8a5f698f5e8b

That's directions from the first orange point to the last orange point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^That seems to be the same link I gave?

And I can understand that, but if you zoom in on the map it turns out to be very detailed directions, that take a lot of the smaller roads and the interstates that the route appears to be from far away. Just wondering there must be a way of getting these directions as whoever plotted the map must have taken a lot of time over it.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry, it didn't update my url, stupid google!

The route was wrong anyway, weird. They don't all point to specific points in a town so it's hard to grab the right one :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha it's ok, cheers for the effort. The thing is if you put those directions into google manually it comes up with a completely different route, just wondering if it's possible to get the turn-by-turn directions of route seen on that map.
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Is this any help??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is! Thank you, thorough though quite confusing.